~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Yeah my sister and I live near each other and grieving our dads death and the birth of her son really brought us together, she was the maid of honor in my wedding. I know our kids will be close.

I wish I had more of an opinion on what we were having. I'm really good at guessing for other people but not for myself. My husband since the day we found out has been convinced it's a boy. I'm not so sure. I would be thrilled with either but am sort of leaning towards thinking it's a girl. My whole family thinks it's a boy but a few of my close friends think it's a girl. A few girls on different forums on bnb have said they think it's a girl to. I'm not 100% sure they will tell me next week. My doctors office is doing the ultrasound because I begged. Haha It's my first and I want as many pictures as I can get. Haha

I do wonder who is going to be the first to be having a boy in here. Anyone hoping for a boy?

Me!!!!! Had my scan this morning and he was flashing his bits for all to see!! I was convinced I'd have a girl!! X

Oh wow first boy for August! Congrats :happydance:

I did have a private gender scan booked for 2nd March but when I found out our hospital will tell you the gender at the 20 week scan, I cancelled the private one (saved £80)!

I find out on 20th March! Based on the nub theory I am going for a girl because if that theory is accurate then its pretty obvious looking at my 13 wk scan pic.

and one more thing just wanted to wish my babies libby and leo a happy 5th and 3rd birthday for tomorrow, love them both loads x x x :happydance::happydance:

How do you ladies do the nub theory? Do you look at the skull at all? I am so bad at guessing by those methods.

congrats on all the gender scan girls - still 2.5 weeks till my 20 week scan and hopefully finding oout sex! I'm starting to lean towards boy now!

I'm not an expert but the nub theory is to do with looking at the little nub thing between their legs and which direction its pointing! Cause my bubba was laying on its front at 12 week scan you can't see to make a prediction from mine :( I'm sure one of the other girls will fill in the exact details of how to guess!

Congrats on all the gender results ladies :)

I've been having some strange twinges today - on the right hand side of my uterus (which is where I always find babies heartbeat using the doppler) I keep having an achey pang. It comes and goes, doesn't seem to vary whether I'm doing physical activity or just sitting down. I've used the doppler half hour ago and baby seems fine, can hear it moving like an acrobat in there! I'm just a bit concerned because it's only on the right hand side, if it was my uterus growing I'd expect it to be a sort of all over ache? I know I'm probably worrying over nothing but has anyone experienced this or have an idea of what it may be? :wacko:

I have experienced it, but my doctor thought everything was ok. I have seen the baby on ultrasound since then so I felt confident it was ok at that point, even though up to that point I was not as confident as my doctor. Doc didn't explain it either.

Thanks for replying, it seems to have stopped now and has been replaced intermittently by what I think is the baby moving :) Must have just been one of those mysterious, unexplainable pregnancy symptoms.

Congrats on all the gender results ladies :)

I've been having some strange twinges today - on the right hand side of my uterus (which is where I always find babies heartbeat using the doppler) I keep having an achey pang. It comes and goes, doesn't seem to vary whether I'm doing physical activity or just sitting down. I've used the doppler half hour ago and baby seems fine, can hear it moving like an acrobat in there! I'm just a bit concerned because it's only on the right hand side, if it was my uterus growing I'd expect it to be a sort of all over ache? I know I'm probably worrying over nothing but has anyone experienced this or have an idea of what it may be? :wacko:

From your counter I can see that you are around about the same stage as me (i am due 23rd). If it helps at all I have been having similar pains, I have been sent from the doctors to the hospital, from the hospital to the Early pregnancy clinic. They thought it was the appendix, its not. I have had every test (internal and external) and they have put it down to muscle/tendon pain from my bump growing!

I hope this helps but go see your doctor if it continues.

From your counter I can see that you are around about the same stage as me (i am due 23rd). If it helps at all I have been having similar pains, I have been sent from the doctors to the hospital, from the hospital to the Early pregnancy clinic. They thought it was the appendix, its not. I have had every test (internal and external) and they have put it down to muscle/tendon pain from my bump growing!

I hope this helps but go see your doctor if it continues.

Thanks very much for this response, it does seem to have subsided now. I'm about to go to the supermarket so I'm wondering if that will start it up again, will have to wait and see. Hopefully it's just my bump expanding! :)

Thanks very much for this response, it does seem to have subsided now. I'm about to go to the supermarket so I'm wondering if that will start it up again, will have to wait and see. Hopefully it's just my bump expanding! :)

Hi Cin

Obviously its your body so i would go by what you feel/think but this is been my experience. If you are really concerned get yourself to a doctor. I went to the doctor as I couldnt function in work ( i am on my feet all day as a store supervisor) and work were going to send me to A&E so i compromised and went to docs.

I tried to go out shopping spent an hour out and the pains came back, however the pain went away a lot more quickly!

They havn't come back so I'm not too concerned anymore, plus I've also been feeling some aches on the lefthand side this morning (nothing really painful) so I'm putting it down to my bump having a growth spurt :) Thanks for the reply!

omg i have not been on for a while!!! congrats to all the team pinks!!!I found out about a week ago and it Looks like i may the only team blue so far!! How is everyone doing??? Here is a pic of my LO..no shame in his game lol

Attachments

• photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 9
omg i have not been on for a while!!! congrats to all the team pinks!!!I found out about a week ago and it Looks like i may the only team blue so far!! How is everyone doing??? Here is a pic of my LO..no shame in his game lol

LOL I think that's definitely a boy all right! Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->