~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

kc - glad everything is well with the twinsies, bet you can't wait to find out the gender!

Is anyone is here doing any type of gender announcement get-together? DH and I have decided we're going to. We have our scan on 3/30 and will have a get together on 3/31. We'll tell the tech to put the gender in a sealed envelope and bring to a baker to make a cake (though I'm hoping I'll be able to tell from the scan because waiting another 24 hours will KILL ME!) in either pink or blue for us to cut altogether with our parents and families. So far it's just my side of the family coming which I kinda of expected. This is the first grandchildren/great grandchildren in our family whereas it's the 4th in DH's plus they're all a lot older than my family. DH and I are only 6 years apart but I'm the oldest of 5 and he's the youngest of 5 so his parents are about the same age as my grandparents if not older! And his siblings are the same age as my parents! lol

My friend did a party like that and it was great! I don't think we will. Bryan and I want to share in that moment together and then share it with our friends and family. Maybe for baby #2.

So glad to hear everything is good with the twins! Hope baby a decides to move so you can get some relief.

So ready for it to be tomorrow. I'm a ball of nerves and emotions. Ugh. Haha.

Yea, we were originally going to find out just the two of us and then share with everyone else at the announcement get-together but now DH wants to find out all together... Kinda sucks because it means one more whole day of waiting but I'm hoping I can tell straight from the scan and just not tell DH or anyone, lol :blush:

I was going to do the whole gender party thing, but then I couldn't keep my mouth shut!!

So I have a question. At my last two ultrasounds they dated me a week more than what my first ultrasound dated me, so I would be 19 weeks today instead of 18 weeks, and my due date would be August 10th instead of August 16th.

Would you change your expectations? Or your ticker? I have heard that early ultrasounds are more accurate, and I am pretty sure that being 19 weeks atm is impossible... due to my charting and my ovulation dates.

Katrinalorien - my 'due date' changed throughout my last pregnancy and ended up being moved forwards a week from the date I initially thought. In the end I was so excited for my due date but she came on the date I thought in the first place so for me I always go by my date. Not sure if that actually made any sense!

We have so far kept the gender of our baby secret! It has only been a couple of weeks but ideally we will keep it a secret till the end! I doubt I can keep it a secret that long though!

Hope everyone is ok. I am getting awful stretching pains and I had a definate bump when I woke up this morning and she was all on one side ... it looked very funny! but as usual as soon as I went to the loo it disappared and I just look like I have eaten too much again! come on proper bump!!!

Garden~ That sounds so cute and fun!!! :thumbup: I wish we could but my family is so scattered and DH just recently started talking to his parents again. They're in no condition for long traveling anyway so we're just going to announce as we did with our other boys, by phone. :)

Happily~ Good luck today and that's fantasic news about your DH's job offer! Congrats to him!!! :D

Kco~ Sorry to hear about the swelling, hope it doesn't happen again. Yay for Monday!!

Katrina~ Same here, U/S put baby a week ahead but I know that can't be right, I left my due date and ticker as is. :) Even if the 20 week scan gives a different date, it could just be how the baby is growing or the machine itself. It's not exactly 100% and I'm pretty sure I didn't O during af. :haha: Charting and good timing from our donor came in very handy for this kiddo! :thumbup:

LilDreamy~ :hugs: I hope it doesn't last too long and you find some kind of relief.

Droplette~ That's too bad :( hope you guys find another name you both agree on. :flower:

I'm still waiting on a decent looking bump lol. I'm tempted to take a belly pic anyway but I think I'll give it a couple of more weeks..

Hey ladies, sorry I haveb't posted in ages, but I've been keeping track on everyone's progress. I'm so sorry to read about the losses.
As for me, I haven't posted because I was so ill from week 7-14, I was diagnosed with hyperemesis & I'm still on meds, but thankfully now able to eat, function and i'm back to work!
We had our 12 week scan at the beginning of feb, and all went well. They moved me forwards by 6 days! But I know from my dates & fertility monitor that that can't be right, so I haven't changed my ticker! We have our 20 week scan on April 2nd, so if they keep me ahead I'll change my ticker - apparently I should be 18 weeks tomorrow & due on August 17t, but we'll see!
I'm looking & feeling fat instead of pregnant but my hubby says he can see my bump! I'm in maternity trousers as my high waisted size 10 (uk) work trousers are too uncomfortable now!
My sense of smell is still crazy, anyone else?
But on a brighter note I've just enjoyed my first cup of tea in over 2 months, I had completely gone off tea, so delighted I can now enjoy it again - still leaves an odd taste in my mouth tho, but most things do right now!
Anyway I've gone on enough now, I promise to chat more from now on!

Anyone got any good film recommendations? We're going to the cinema tomorrow for hubby's birthday, and it's first time I've felt able to go in months! 😄

I swear my brain imagines bad smells everywhere! My friends don't smell a thing, while I am doubled over gagging. :/

I know! I still can't stand the smell of my dogs, kitchen or my husband's body spray - he thinks I'm crazy! But it makes me feel so sick!

hahah I feel exactly the same way. In fact I feel that way when I wake up in the morning.. it sends me over the edge!

Hi can u change my ed please from 26th to the 21st also we found out are having a boy :)

Hey Ladies,

So we had a great doctors appointment and ultrasound yesterday. Heartbeat was strong at 141 at the appointment and 148 at the ultrasound. Tech said baby was sleeping.

Soo the tech is leaning towards a girl. She didnt see any boy parts and what she saw looked like girlie parts. We are waiting to see what we see at 20 week. Can 4 weeks go by quickly!!!! I think I may have to buy like one girl thing this month and just save the receipt.

If baby is a girl her name will be Stella Noelle. :)

Here are the pictures:
IMG_7752.jpg
IMG_8133.jpg
tell me what you think. Looks like girl parts to me!

:cloud9:

Is say girl too :) congrats

I had my gender scan at 16 weeks 4 days and I.didn't even need the sonographer to say boy, his parts were obvious lol x

Waiting for the second trimester energy that supposedly kicks in. i still feel super tired all the time :(

Two more weeks for us! Can't wait! I'm hoping for a girl but have felt "boy" all along so wouldn't be surprised! :) Will love either gender of course!!!

Can I join? I can't believe I haven't seen this until now. Or maybe I did earlier and forgot about it, but I don't think so. (Only me that would happen to, but whatever.)

I'm due August 29th. I don't know the gender, but I will in three weeks, hopefully. Nice to meet everyone. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->