~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

2 weeks and 2 days until we potentially find out if we are team pink or team blue.

I am hugely excited and counting the days. I think we are team blue but i dont know whether to trust my instinct as its my first and I dont have a track record of being right!

Aw, so many girls! I kind of am hoping for a girl but I don't want to get my hopes up. I really don't want to be disappointed. It doesn't help that my boyfriend and I have the perfect girl name but are stuck on boy names. But some women are saying they have an "instinct" for the gender - I don't have one at all. Clueless. Anyway, I'm excited for this little baby no matter what. :)

I'm very impatient for my next ultrasound in two weeks. It feels like forever.

yay for another :blue: bump! that's three now! Can't believe there are so few, lol! 11 more days still until our scan; I'm going stir crazy! I'm still guessing team :blue: for us - just a gut instinct since everything else from my pregnancy dream has turned out to be true. I'd love a little girl (we also have the perfect girl name but are wavering on a boy name) but I'd honestly be surprised. :)

DH and I are buying a new car for the baby too so that's exciting. We had planned on March/April and then made a last minute decision to move to a new house that would be safer for the baby so I thought we'd have to push back the car-purchase financially but it's all worked out and we're still in good shape! Super excited; I've never had a brand new car before, lol! We're getting a Toyota RAV4. :D

Yay another blue bump, can't believe how many pink bumps we have!! I'm really hoping in clinic today ill get babys hb listened too :) x

EEK! Updated everyone I think! if I missed you please let me know!
Welcome to all new ladies and bumps!
Congrats to all the Pinks, Blues, and multiple pinks! :happydance:

I have my gender scan in exactly a week!
Clueless to what im having and can say I don't wish one gender over the other! Would love for Alexa to have a baby sister, but would also love to be blessed with a baby boy! Wonder which it will be!? AHHHH so excited! Hope all is doing well. I'm overly exhausted and hormonal as ever. Lol. :D

Morning! my scan is in a week, makes me happy to see all the pink...does that mean more pink or more blue to balance? :)

Is it normal that I'm 17 weeks along and I haven't gained one pound? I lost 5 lbs from morning sickness and am still at 175. I'm eating very well :D but I just haven't gained anything. I'm worried that I"m doing something wrong.

Is anyone on this thread not finding out the gender? It's our first and we're remaining team yellow! We have our scan in 10 days, but feeling a bit left out as everyone seems to be finding out! An I on my own?

lyrics I've heard of some people only gaining 10 pounds their entire pregnancy. And I'm sure not gaining much right now is perfectly normal. I on the other hand have already gained 13 pounds. :nope:

And Skelleron, I personally couldn't be team yellow. One reason is financially because I need to prepare way in advance and secondly because I suck at being patient! Lol. :)

Is it normal that I'm 17 weeks along and I haven't gained one pound? I lost 5 lbs from morning sickness and am still at 175. I'm eating very well :D but I just haven't gained anything. I'm worried that I"m doing something wrong.

I've only gained 6lb so far - no one has ever weighed me or asked me what weight I have gained whenever I have seen midwives, obstetricians or doctors - they therefore can't be that worried about it. As long as you are eating well and not going hungry then I don't think you need to worry.

I am finding myself hungry after 3 hours of eating and can eat big portions now, I am positively ravenous but no weight is going on as a result! That said, its all good food like chicken and salad etc, no cakes.

Is anyone on this thread not finding out the gender? It's our first and we're remaining team yellow! We have our scan in 10 days, but feeling a bit left out as everyone seems to be finding out! An I on my own?

The plan for me pre-pregnancy was that I would never want to find out or know, but once I'd had my 12 week scan I was so desperate to find out!

I am a very organised person and want to plan ahead and but the right colour clothing and colour-coordinated birth announcements so I have them all ready in advance. I work full time too so getting organised now will be a big help for me.

I know a few people who haven't found out the gender but have to admit they are not on this thread, we seem to be a very keen bunch to find out :haha:

I don't think I will find out. I loved having the surprise last time and I would like that experience again. OH wants to find out but I don't think he'll be able to come to the scan with me so it's going to be up to me in the end of the day! I can always just tell him baby had its legs crossed!

And lyrics, I think not putting on weight at this stage is a good thing. After all baby still doesn't weigh much at all. I put on loads of weight during first trimester but I've actually lost a few pounds since my ridiculous urge to eat all the time has died down!

Anyone else feeling kicks, I'm pretty confident I.am :) only faint.but definitely there :) and I got to listen to his heart beat today <3 xx

Garden~ Congrats on the new house and car! I'm still in love with Rav4s, have been since highschool but we're a mini-van family now lol. Maybe when the kids are grown...

I've gained a total of 9 pounds so far. All flutterings have stopped, baby has graduated to light jabs and pokes. :cloud9:

https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-weight-gain-estimator

Here's a calculator I think is pretty helpful to give you an idea of what should be gained. Most of it depends on how much you weighed before pregnancy as to what you should be gaining throughout. According to the calculator, I'm supposed to gain 25 to 35 pounds. I haven't weighed myself since 14 weeks and at that point I had gained 6 pounds. I should probably weigh myself again though. My bump has grown a bunch since then and I'm sure the scales have tipped too! My boss keeps buying me all kinds of food all day long! :)

Anyone else feeling kicks, I'm pretty confident I.am :) only faint.but definitely there :) and I got to listen to his heart beat today <3 xx

Literally 10 seconds after I read this post I had a very definite pokey feeling in my tummy. That was the most certain baby movement I've felt yet. Dont know how this baby expects me to go to sleep when it's getting me all excited like that! Listening to the heartbeat is lovely isnt it :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->