~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Thanks everyone :D Unfortunately I wont be having a relaxing weekend - a new tenant was meant to be taking over my bedroom in the house I used to live in today so I spent from 12 - 3pm cleaning up after the 3 current tenants making sure everything was spotless, only to get a phone call from the guy 10 minutes before he was supposed to arrive to say he wouldn't be arriving until 4pm tomorrow instead! So back I go tomorrow to make sure it's all in order, hopefully nobody will throw a party and trash the place tonight (FX), though I wouldn't put it past them :dohh: Definitely looking forward to next weekend though as I'll be back in my hometown visiting my parents. Hope you've all had fab weekends :)

Nothing is ever easy is it! Oh well hopefully tenant will turn up tomorrow!

After another bad night, I am wondering if anyone else is suffering from hip/pelvic pain in the night when trying to sleep?

I seem to wake up with it at 3am and find it so painful I can't get back to sleep. I am trying to hard to sleep on my left side like they say you should, sometimes I flip to my right side to get some relief although it doesn't help much. The only position I don't feel the pain is laying on my back which is a big no no!

I've just ordered the Dreamgenii Pillow in a hope that it helps.

Anyone else getting these pains? It says its normal for 2nd tri but gets worse in 3rd tri - oh great!!

After another bad night, I am wondering if anyone else is suffering from hip/pelvic pain in the night when trying to sleep?

I seem to wake up with it at 3am and find it so painful I can't get back to sleep. I am trying to hard to sleep on my left side like they say you should, sometimes I flip to my right side to get some relief although it doesn't help much. The only position I don't feel the pain is laying on my back which is a big no no!

Anyone else getting these pains? It says its normal for 2nd tri but gets worse in 3rd tri - oh great!!

I don't have pelvic/hip pain thankfully, but just in regard to lying on your back - my understanding is that it is fine as long as you are propped up on plenty of pillows rather than flat on your back, possibly with an extra pillow under your knees if you need it to take the pressure off your lower spine. Might be worth a try if you are finding it really uncomfortable to lie on your side?

I am having horrible pain, but it is from my sciatic nerve being pinch from the babies. It's a bad pain in my right butt cheek area, and makes my right leg all numb and hard to move and walk on. My body pillow helps once in a while, but the doctor did give me some stretches to try which help to get the babies to move off my nerve.

Hi ladies! I have seen the group members around and thought about coming in but didn't see it at the top of the forum anywhere (2nd tri), so I finally ran it through search and here I am! lol

I am Lynn, mother to one nearly 7yo DD, after 5mc's before her. Mild infertility problems with low-ish count gave us these precious years to just focus on her, and now poof - surprise! :) She finally gets the baby sister she's been asking for since she was three! We are sooo happy!

Anyway, MyLinda is due August 13th but is going to be c-sected around August 1st b/c of some issues I have. :) Even at that she's probably gonna be a big girl! Big Sissy came at 38 weeks (after trying to come at 36), and was 12lbs and then some. I didn't have diabetes at all (they checked a lot) but I do have it this time so I'm a little afraid that this baby will be the 14 or so pounds I was told DD would've been if she'd gone to term.

I had her naturally after 2 failed epidurals, and the doctor pushed her head back inside of me twice. I screamed - couldn't help it. We were told we both should've died that day, so I have a lot of trauma issues related to the whole thing. She was dead on delivery and I did not see her for real until arriving at the NICU they'd taken her to two hours away from me. This time around I am hoping the csection makes a difference, and that I at some point get to have a baby handed TO ME in the hospital. We are delivering in one that has a level 3 or 4 NICU this time so I can be in the same building, just in case.

Anyway, that is just part of the story but it is the big part. :) How is everyone doing? Happy rest of the 9 months to us all!

Wow Chimchims what a story! And a miracle daughter you have! :hug:

Welcome to August Fireflys! Hoping this pregnancy and delivery is easy peasy for you!!

Wow chimchims - I hope your birthing experience is more positive this time round.

Hope everyone is ok .. we are really enjoying the sunshine at the moment but it is making me realise how uncomfortable I will be if it gets really hot!

Candycane - I have that pillow and it is really lovely to use! Really helped last pregnancy and is already helping this time!

Hope everyone is ok x x x

Wow, i have a few busy days at work and miss out on so much!

Glad to hear you and babe are ok Cin.

Candy Cane... I have been getting hip pain too but i have found that if you put a pillow between your knees it stops/eases the pain.

I have been lucky enough to feel flutters from about 15 weeks but at the minute Qtip is having a little party in there and waking me up at 3 am with all his/her dancing which is just as energetic as during the day. He/she has also been waking me up at 4 am for drinks and snacks.

Oh and i have put on about 13lbs already! Most of that in the first 12 weeks!

I have put on a horrendous amount of weight!!! I am actually scared to weigh myself now I just look awful although I am starting to get a proper bump now!!!

I was scared too. I'm 5'5" and was 139ish (darn business trip right before totally messed with my usual 128lb frame!) when I got pregnant. I had gained 6.8 by week 14 and have eaten LOADS since then so I've been avoiding the scale like the plague. I was pleasantly surprised to jump on and see I've only gained 0.6 pounds in 4 weeks!! lol. But I still think my hope of only 15-20 for the entire pregnancy is a lost cause...MUST STOP CRAVING CHOCOLATE

I was scared too. I'm 5'5" and was 139ish (darn business trip right before totally messed with my usual 128lb frame!) when I got pregnant. I had gained 6.8 by week 14 and have eaten LOADS since then so I've been avoiding the scale like the plague. I was pleasantly surprised to jump on and see I've only gained 0.6 pounds in 4 weeks!! lol. But I still think my hope of only 15-20 for the entire pregnancy is a lost cause...MUST STOP CRAVING CHOCOLATE

Is your gender scan today? If so good luck!

ChimChims that is quite a story! Hope everything goes a bit more smoothly this time around.

Welcome chim chims! Excited to have you join the group! That's an amazing story! Hope this pregnancy is easier for you.

This weekend has been crazy. My good friend welcomed her son on friday and we got to meet him Saturday and seeing his tiny adorable self made me wish our lo was here. It also freak me out because even though it's early I feel very unprepared.

I guess I'm freaked out because my husbands new job requires us to move at the end of June. I know by then I will be alot bigger and my ability to help will be alot smaller. And I know by then I will be jumping at the bit to get the nursery together. I just like feeling prepared. I know that's impossible haha.

I did start our registry this weekend so I feel good about that. I just wish these next two weeks will fly so we can get to our 20 week scan!

Hope you all had a great weekend. I appreciate you all so much, especially since I am one of the first on my close friends to take this huge step to mommy hood not including the friend who just had her son (she is a few years older than me and I've only known her for a couple years). The majority of my friends are years off from having kids.

Welcome chim chims! I hope this labor is better for you and baby!

I've been very hormonal lately. Crying over everything. Maybe it's normal but I don't like feeling helpless.

Oh my chims - I hope that you don't have that experience again... and you have quite the positive attitude to boot!!

I haven't gained much weight throughout my pregnancy.... But I was a little overweight to start with

6'0" and 184 lbs when I started, now 186. Doc says baby is fine though and hopefully its just from me eating better and excersizing correctly. Oh and throwing up...

Hi Cin! Yes, my scan was this morning! Baby is SO adorable!!

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2dd07b3127cceffe1d80b444200000030O00EauGTRm0ZNAe3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

We find out the gender tomorrow night at the reveal party! I can't wait!!!! (I still think we're Team Blue though!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->