~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

So lucky! I've still only felt flutterings and even that is rare. :(

I'm sure it wont be long til youre being prodded/kicked! I had my first non-fluttery movement at 18wks exactly, up until that point I hadn't been confident enough to say it was definitely the baby moving. It's on and off now but definitely becoming more regular :happydance:

Going off-topic now but the 'B' on my keyboard has decided to only work after being pressed about 4 times. Very irritating and possibly testament to the fact I spend far too much time on BnB.. :-k

:haha: Cin

Anywho's, I've been feeling baby for a week now. Rather strong. But I know what to look for now since this is my second. I think he or she likes to face my back and kicks me a lot in my lower back/groin area and then I get the occasional kick in the tummy which I swear I cam feel with my hand on my tummy if I'm lucky. Maybe this means it's a boy/strong. Lol. :)

i've been feeling really thirsty lately, more so at night. I bought three 24-pack waters today and a whole pack is already gone.

Felt my first kick outside my tummy tonight!!! :happydance: It was so amazing!

Hey ladies, hope you're all well.

I had a scare this morning, when I wiped after using the toilet there was blood on the tissue :( Only a little bit but I've not bled at all during this pregnancy so it really worried me. Phoned the midwife and she told me to visit her and she'd do a checkup. This was at 10am, I was meant to be at uni by 11am for a group presentation but f*** that my baby is far more important. I'd been driving down to see the midwife for about 1 minute when I realised there was a smell of oil in the car and the oil temperature gauge thingy was underneath the minimum line. I then realised the car was making a whirring sound and not revving as it should. To cut a long story short I phone my housemate as he's good with cars and he told me to drive back and he'd check it over, which I did. He said the engine was boiling considering I'd only been driving for a max of 3 minutes, there's plenty of oil/water in there and he thinks the problem was caused by the cam belt so I have to take the car to a garage on Monday by thats by the way. So I woke OH up (he didnt get in from work til 7am) and we both took a taxi to the midwife, didn't see my regular one but the midwife I did see was just as lovely. She listened to babies heartbeat and all sounds fine, I did a urine sample and she said there's some protein in it which may be a cause for concern so I have to wait for results from the doctor for that. She booked me in for a reassurance scan at 3.30 today and I'm crapping myself. I know the heartbeat was fine when the midwife checked but I've been acheing in my uterus and what feels like my cervix since then, and I just found more blood on the tissue. I'm so scared. I'm in tears, I know it's stupid and I'm a grown woman but I just want a cuddle off my mum (she's a 4 hr drive away). My OH's being amazing and supportive but I can't stop worrying, I've not had any problems during this pregnancy up until now. I really want the scan just to check that everythings alright but at the same time I'm so scared of going and finding out something's wrong or I've lost my baby :cry:

Sorry if this isn't very coherent but I'm in a state right now

Hey ladies, hope you're all well.

I had a scare this morning, when I wiped after using the toilet there was blood on the tissue :( Only a little bit but I've not bled at all during this pregnancy so it really worried me. Phoned the midwife and she told me to visit her and she'd do a checkup. This was at 10am, I was meant to be at uni by 11am for a group presentation but f*** that my baby is far more important. I'd been driving down to see the midwife for about 1 minute when I realised there was a smell of oil in the car and the oil temperature gauge thingy was underneath the minimum line. I then realised the car was making a whirring sound and not revving as it should. To cut a long story short I phone my housemate as he's good with cars and he told me to drive back and he'd check it over, which I did. He said the engine was boiling considering I'd only been driving for a max of 3 minutes, there's plenty of oil/water in there and he thinks the problem was caused by the cam belt so I have to take the car to a garage on Monday by thats by the way. So I woke OH up (he didnt get in from work til 7am) and we both took a taxi to the midwife, didn't see my regular one but the midwife I did see was just as lovely. She listened to babies heartbeat and all sounds fine, I did a urine sample and she said there's some protein in it which may be a cause for concern so I have to wait for results from the doctor for that. She booked me in for a reassurance scan at 3.30 today and I'm crapping myself. I know the heartbeat was fine when the midwife checked but I've been acheing in my uterus and what feels like my cervix since then, and I just found more blood on the tissue. I'm so scared. I'm in tears, I know it's stupid and I'm a grown woman but I just want a cuddle off my mum (she's a 4 hr drive away). My OH's being amazing and supportive but I can't stop worrying, I've not had any problems during this pregnancy up until now. I really want the scan just to check that everythings alright but at the same time I'm so scared of going and finding out something's wrong or I've lost my baby :cry:

Sorry if this isn't very coherent but I'm in a state right now

:hugs: That must be so worrying hun. Thank goodness that they are getting you in for a scan this afternoon and hopefully that will put your mind at rest. Maybe it could just be a UTI if there was protein in your urine? Keeping everything crossed for you that your scan goes well, but it has to be a good sign that the heartbeat was fine this morning.

Aw. :(
Good luck at the scan, let us know how it goes. I'm sure little one is ok. Best wishes to you!

Hope everything is okay! Will be praying for you!

I think I'm feeling movement now but I'm not 100%.

My friend is at the hospital for her scheduled c section today (baby boy was breech). I have been on the edge of my seat all morning. I'm sooo excited for them and can't wait to see the little guy. His name is awesome to!! Jack Danger! Hehe! I love it.

Cin~ :hugs::hugs::hugs: Keeping you and baby in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi and welcome, Devon. :)

I'm definitely feeling movement every day now, proper little kicks and jabs. It's really lovely. And I have a little bit of a bump finally, although it's still only really noticeable in the evening after my dinner so I guess it's still mainly bloat!

OMG - The dr just called and CANCELED my gender scan for next Friday!! The tech who is supposed to do it is out on medical leave! I can't believe this! It's KAISER! Get another tech!

Thankyou all for your kind words :hugs: The scan was fine and they could find no reason for the bleeding, I'm still getting aches now but the hospital staff said it's probably just my uterus growing. Dont think I've ever been that worried in my life. I just want to hold him/her in my arms now. Here's the scan photo of our baby, busy doing push-ups (according to fitness-obsessed OH) and totally oblivious to the stress and upset s/he'd caused mummy and daddy! https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u435/Cinley/2012-03-23181619.jpg

Cin- so glad everything is okay! I would just try and take it easy and get some rest. :) I totally understand your stress. I would be freaking out to!

UPDATE: The tech tried to reschedule me for Saturday the 31st at 2:30pm. Only a day later than planned BUT the problem is I had a gender reveal party already planned for Saturday morning so I explained and asked for something sooner. She clearly wasn't listening because then she offered me April 4th! Um, hello? How is that before my 10am party on the 31st!?!? So I explained again and I was getting pretty bitchy and frustrated by this point. She said she had nothing else so I told her that I didn't care WHICH Kaiser I was seen at so long as it was before Saturday! (There are five within an hour from me!) So she said she'd have the Ultrasound Department call me directly. I made sure she knew they better call IMMEDIATELY. (Note: Do NOT mess with a pregnant woman who has been counting down the weeks and days until her gender scan since she was 7 weeks pregnant and expect her not to be pissed that you canceled a week prior!) So the Ultrasound Dept called a few minutes later and gave me the same spiel, I explained again, and BOOM, "Oh, I can squeeze you in on Monday morning." DONE! I'll take it! Honey, get a substitute teacher to cover for you. We're going in on Monday! So I get to find out a few days earlier now! WOOOOHOOOO!! :happydance:

Cin, I'm so pleased everything is okay and glad to see the scan pic - bleeding might just have been from a burst blood vessel in the cervix or something, I heard thats common, nonetheless still very frightening though. You can relax and enjoy the lovely weekend now :happydance:

cin so happy everything is well :happydance: it doesn't make it any less scary but at least now it wont be too long before we're all feeling massive kicks for reasurrance :haha: i got another private scan coming on wednesday, the lady that carried it out was 98% sure it was a girl but cos she wasn't 100% she said to come back for free :happydance::happydance: i am 00 % its a girl, i predicted it from the beginning lol, besides them 3 white lines were perfectly visable.

not feeling much in the way of movements which is odd for me. i could massively feel billy by 16 weeks, but then again at all the scans i have had so far, i have been told its a quiet baby so this prob explains it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->