~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

well i wont have a choice, only hubbie allowed in for a section :nope: no labor to worry about :cry: but least i can be prepared :happydance:

My labors have been quick ones; 5, 3 and a half and 2 hours beginning to end. Both midwives are over an hour away so we'll be talking about labor a lot in the coming months. I'm thinking that since this is a vbac, maybe labor will be a bit slower.

I'm pretty terrified of labour, especially since I've been getting a lot of random horror stories about how women nearly died from it. I've read a little into it, but too scared to read more, lol. I'm a wimp.

I've always been really nervous about the actual labor/delivery part...to the point that for years I didn't want kids of my own and only wanted to adopt. It's important to DH though that we have our 'own' so here we are. I'm thrilled and terrified all at the same time...my problem is that DH is ...ahem...well-endowed.... and even sex is painful so how the heck am I going to handle a BABY coming through there!?!?

I've always been really nervous about the actual labor/delivery part...to the point that for years I didn't want kids of my own and only wanted to adopt. It's important to DH though that we have our 'own' so here we are. I'm thrilled and terrified all at the same time...my problem is that DH is ...ahem...well-endowed.... and even sex is painful so how the heck am I going to handle a BABY coming through there!?!?

im SO nervous about labor as well actually terrified :dohh:

Hi all -

All I can advise about birth plans is just to be really flexible ... my birth plan with my daughter went completly out the window once I was in labour.

As for being nervous - last time I was nervous and excited ... I know there are horrible birth stories out there but I had a lovely birth, with no pain relief and enjoyed it and I am looking forward to doing it again. Of course it hurts but what you get at the end of it is so worth it! I am also looking at hypno birthing this timeto help with breathing etc as we are planning a home birth with no pain relief again!!!

Hope everyone is ok x x x

It will be just me and hubster but that's because my family lives far away and I only want my husband around in the run up to and just after the birth.

My plan is to be in a mid wife led suite with a water bath attached to a labour ward! No epidurals here please but I'll take anything else going!

Oh I really really want to do it naturally... I just feel like because I'm so scared of needles and things that it would be best for me, I would be so much more relaxed. Any advice for pain management?

best pain management i know of that doesnt involve needles is a birthing pool and gas and air. if you ladies who are worried about birth read the tread funny labour and birth stories youll find a lot of women are hillarious on gas and air one of them was so out of it she told the midwife she couldnt push and when asked why she said it was because she was to busy thinking about johhny depp lol

https://www.babyandbump.com/labour-birth/696911-funny-embarrasing-labour-stories.html

I would agree best pain management is water or at least it was for me and practice breathing techniques ... I found if you focus on your breathing (especially if hubby helps to count breaths etc) it sort of takes your mind off the pain and just remeber every contraction is a step closer to meeting your baby!

I really would like to have a natural birth but I'm such a wimp with pain with everything else. I'm afraid I won't last long before I'm begging for an epidural. But I'd like to try. Just from reading labour stories on here I've already made up my mind to just go with what's happening and try to relax. I really don't want a c-section but if I need to for the health of the baby, I will. Anyway, it's more the horror stories that are freaking me out more than anything. My boyfriend's mother told me she almost died giving birth to his older sister. Now, I LOVE his mother but I didn't really want to hear that.

Anyway, sorry for my ramblings. I am so excited for tomorrow because at 11AM I have my 19 week ultrasound. We're definitely finding out the gender and I can't wait! 24 hours seems so long! Hah, anyway, hope everyone has a great day. :)

Anyway, sorry for my ramblings. I am so excited for tomorrow because at 11AM I have my 19 week ultrasound. We're definitely finding out the gender and I can't wait! 24 hours seems so long! Hah, anyway, hope everyone has a great day. :)

Ooh exciting, let us know how it goes!

Aww you're not rambling.. it keeps me entertained!

best pain management i know of that doesnt involve needles is a birthing pool and gas and air. if you ladies who are worried about birth read the tread funny labour and birth stories youll find a lot of women are hillarious on gas and air one of them was so out of it she told the midwife she couldnt push and when asked why she said it was because she was to busy thinking about johhny depp lol

https://www.babyandbump.com/labour-birth/696911-funny-embarrasing-labour-stories.html

omg I officially love this thread.

I still havn't decided what sort of birth I'd like. At the moment I'm leaning towards a water birth as it seems quite relaxing (well, as relaxing as can be given the circumstances!). I'll definitely be making use of any pain relief offered to me - like somebody else already said I find sex painful enough as my OH is well endowed (sorry if TMI) so I am not looking forward to pushing a baby out of there! It will definitely all be worth it to finally meet my little baby though :cloud9:

My labour first time around lasted 12 1/2 hours and I took Demerol for the pain. This time I hope to go pain free, with only gas and air if I really need it. I don't know if my hospital has a birthing pool or anything but I know that I LIVED in the shower during my last labour and will probably do so again!!

Our 20 week ultrasound is tomorrow at 12:45 and I feel like this is the longest day ever!!!! Soo excited to have confirmation that this lo is a girl like they thought at out 16 week or to tell us we are having a boy. I'm pretty sure this baby is a girl but you never know.

My current mindset on labor is, there is no other medical procedure that you voluntarily refuse pain meds for, why attempt labor without them! My plan is to take the breathing classes and listen to whatever the OBGYN doctor says and go with the flow... and truthfully I'm very scared of the pain & the process... good thing there's a baby in the end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->