~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Just wanted to let everyone know it's a BOY! Definitely team blue. :) He was very proud to show off and kept his legs wide open. :D

I was so excited and he's doing wonderfully. My boyfriend and I weren't going to think about names until we knew the gender, so now I'm looking up names. I don't like many of them, though... so picky. Anyway, I'm very excited. :)

Oh wow congratulations!! I little boy, how wonderful! You must be so excited!

congratz on finding out your having a little boy!!!

hi everyone so nice to see all team blues popping up.

we have decided our princess will be named layla. :happydance:

also been looking at prams this week, in the past i have had some crackers that include icandy apple and peach blossom, but this time we have decided to go a little cheaper and have the mama's and papa's joolz iin silver :wohoo::wohoo: absolutely in love with it.

baby starting to get very active now.

and i am 20 weeks tomorrow :happydance:

Well you can't go wrong with Mamas and Papas. I think the iCandy ones are a bit of a gimmick myself, I can't see whats so special about them to warrant the price asked. We're going for a Jane Slalom travel system, the Strata model.

Well you can't go wrong with Mamas and Papas. I think the iCandy ones are a bit of a gimmick myself, I can't see whats so special about them to warrant the price asked. We're going for a Jane Slalom travel system, the Strata model.

yeah i agree, tbh i do love the icandys but totally agree the prices are stupid, but they do look amazing lol x i think there are a few brands like that. i brought a cameleon before and i only kept it about 3 weeks, i think they look like wheel chairs more than pushchairs x

hi everyone so nice to see all team blues popping up.

we have decided our princess will be named layla. :happydance:

also been looking at prams this week, in the past i have had some crackers that include icandy apple and peach blossom, but this time we have decided to go a little cheaper and have the mama's and papa's joolz iin silver :wohoo::wohoo: absolutely in love with it.

baby starting to get very active now.

and i am 20 weeks tomorrow :happydance:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Congrats on being team blue, Lyric!!! :D

wow, congrats to all the new team :blue: mommies!! And the new team :pink: too! :)

DH and I finished our baby registry today at Target. I'm tempted to buy it all right now, lol! Are you all buying your own furniture and other big-ticket items (stroller, pack n play, high chair, etc.) or registering for them? We registered for them but I think we'll buy them ourselves because I feel weird having such expensive items on a registry!

Happy Easter everyone..

I am in Australia sand dont know much about the public holidays overseas...

But hope your all havign a wonderful weekend anyways

We're buying the things we need. Still have to get a pack n play, a high chair and some other odds and ends.

Congrats to all the 20 weekers aka cantaloupe melons!

In terms of registry for gifts, we don't do that here in the UK as a standard thing, even baby showers are pretty rare. We generally have to buy all the stuff ourselves, parents generally help out if they are able with maybe a pram or cot but generally gifts are bought once the baby arrives and visitors start coming, they'll tend to buy an outfit for the baby.

I really want a baby shower but not everyone likes them. Wish I was still in the US sometimes!

Candy - if you want one, have one! My friend has offered to organise one for me. There is a group of 6 friends and I am the last to have a baby. They have all had showers so they have just taken it on to organise one for me. I'm going to tell people that they need not buy gifts - it would just be nice to see them. We are planning afternoon tea at my house - everyone will bring cakes and we will supply tea. I think my friends will organise some games too.

Go for it if you want one - you won't get the chance again.

Oooh - thinking about it, my friend waiting until baby was born and then invited everyone round. Obviously that is harder as baby is there and it you are having to entertain too but you could do something like that?

Happy Easter to all.... The Easter Bunny even brought Q-tip an egg... I'll just have to eat it for him....:winkwink:

So we havent bought anything yet except a few clothes. I am doing my research and lists today and we'll build from there. We just dont have the space to crowd our flat with stuff in boxes so we shall wait until I am on maternity leave (i go off really early- 8 weeks before due and I am convinced I will go late) to buy everything unless we see really good offers.

We only started buying yesterday - we got all the big tickets bits (pram, car seat, nursery furniture, mattress etc...). I'm going to lay off getting anything else now until the nursery is set up (it is currently an office!) and I can see what I want to go where.

It was fun shopping yesterday though!

Candy - if you want one, have one! My friend has offered to organise one for me. There is a group of 6 friends and I am the last to have a baby. They have all had showers so they have just taken it on to organise one for me. I'm going to tell people that they need not buy gifts - it would just be nice to see them. We are planning afternoon tea at my house - everyone will bring cakes and we will supply tea. I think my friends will organise some games too.

Go for it if you want one - you won't get the chance again.

Oooh - thinking about it, my friend waiting until baby was born and then invited everyone round. Obviously that is harder as baby is there and it you are having to entertain too but you could do something like that?

I'm not sure, I want one but my friends are dotted around the country and wouldn't travel that far so it'd end up being family who I know would rather buy when the baby is actually here. I'll speak to my sister and see what she thinks (since she'd need to organise it).......problem is, I never organised one for her when she had her kids :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->