~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

I had no idea that baby showers were not common in the UK. I hope lots of people come by and visit and give you an outfit! It just feels nice to have the support of a community.

--updated--

Congrats on all of the gender scans and halfway points!

Soo me... I'm starting to panic. This is baby number two for me.

I must say... Labor wasn't asssss scary as I thought it would be, but I remember thinking, I didn't want anymore after that! My labor was 22 hours long. And no pain meds until 10 1/2 hours into it... Not by choice either. The epidural doctor (sorry brain not working at the mo.) was "soo busy".

But once I got drugged up, I didn't feel a thing, just how I liked it.

I dont know how women go through it all without med help. Great job... Me on the other hand... Would probably pass out I can't take pain. I just hope I don't have a bad experienced birth this tome around. AHHH! Scared sh*tless lol.

Oh and I guess my really painful Braxton hicks is what has me so scared again. Feels a little like contractions.

One night I woke at 2:30 in the AM with painful Braxton hicks, felt nauseous and faint. I ended up puking my guts out, which in turn my face was COVERED in these blood blister like things on my face... Never saw these before and was freaking out, went to the doctor that morning and they said it was due to throwing up. Yikes. But this is the third time this has happened.... So I'm getting a bit comcerned.

Hope all is doing well!

Were the Braxton hicks last time or this time? Can you get BH this early?

I hope if they are this time then they get easier...

What a shame we can't all have a baby shower together!! Distance is a bit of a problem though ;-)

On my last pregnancy I don't remember feeling Braxton Hicks until a good bit later, like about seven months. But this time I'm getting them for a good few weeks already although luckily not painful just uncomfortable. I don't like the sounds of your ones Lildreamy :hugs:.

I guess with it being my second I haven't bought anything yet. To be honest I'm not really planning on buying very much anyway because we have most stuff already. I'll have to get a chest of drawers for the baby and I want to get a buggy board for the pram (we have been offered a double buggy from BIL but I'm not sure that we'll really need it by the time baby is born). I'm also tempted to get another baby carrier - I have a Mai Tai but it's a bit fiddly to manage the straps and I wouldn't mind a good structured carrier. I'm not planning on buying any clothes yet as we are not finding out the gender - anyway most of the newborn stuff that I have from last time is neutral anyway. Actually I have bought something, I've bought some cloth nappies as I'm planning to use cloth this time round.

Its second baby for me aswell so we really dont need to buy anything! I have bought just a couple of outfits so she will have a few bits of her very own but all of Amys stuff is still new so she will have to wear hand me downs!!!

Braxton hicks come more apparently with your second I didnt have any with my first but have already stared having them this time!

Hope everyone is ok x x x

On my last pregnancy I don't remember feeling Braxton Hicks until a good bit later, like about seven months. But this time I'm getting them for a good few weeks already although luckily not painful just uncomfortable. I don't like the sounds of your ones Lildreamy :hugs:.

I guess with it being my second I haven't bought anything yet. To be honest I'm not really planning on buying very much anyway because we have most stuff already. I'll have to get a chest of drawers for the baby and I want to get a buggy board for the pram (we have been offered a double buggy from BIL but I'm not sure that we'll really need it by the time baby is born). I'm also tempted to get another baby carrier - I have a Mai Tai but it's a bit fiddly to manage the straps and I wouldn't mind a good structured carrier. I'm not planning on buying any clothes yet as we are not finding out the gender - anyway most of the newborn stuff that I have from last time is neutral anyway. Actually I have bought something, I've bought some cloth nappies as I'm planning to use cloth this time round.

So you guys decided not to find out huh? I couldn't do it! Kudos to you! :) I haven't had any BH yet and don't want them. lol. I've had a few stretching pains but they come and go. A friend of mine is 24 weeks and getting the BH so I know they're coming...just hoping they wait a long time before visiting! hehe

oh yea, and I was going through some of Alexas old clothes. I had got rid of all of her new born clothes up until 6 months, so I will be stocking up on new baby clothes... But even then, newborns don't need much when it comes to clothes.

I do need a new baby swing. The one I had for Alexa was horrible and I got rid of it, and will be buying a baby bath seat, bumbo, and a bouncer seat. Everything else I should be good. And I'm not getting a changing table. I've never used one. Just have a changing pillow that I grab and put on the bed when it's changing time. Saves money! :D

And forgot I still need to buy a baby crib mattress and a new pump.

Lol... No matter what number baby you are having, you'll still be spending a great deal of money. Lol.

I was shocked to find out the cost of nursery furniture, ie chest of drawers, changing station etc - it seems if you go for proper nursery furniture they steep the price up but if you search 'childrens' furniture, you can get it a lot cheaper, still a matching set and some are in pink or blue.

Its not cheap all this buying and I don't know how people on benefits manage it to be honest.

I was shocked to find out the cost of nursery furniture, ie chest of drawers, changing station etc - it seems if you go for proper nursery furniture they steep the price up but if you search 'childrens' furniture, you can get it a lot cheaper, still a matching set and some are in pink or blue.

Its not cheap all this buying and I don't know how people on benefits manage it to be honest.

I am not getting "nursery" furniture or even children's furniture, all I got for Thomas was a plain white chest of drawers and a plain white storage unit both from IKEA. His room is accessorized with animal wall stickers and other bits so it still looks like a child's room but without spending the extra money.

How do you join this tread I'm off the net so long now I'm rusty :(
I'm due aug 2nd with a boy :D

I've hardly spent much at all but have mostly everything I need. I go second-hand for most everything. I haven't bothered with a change table, I never used it with my son and don't see why I'd change my habits now. Especially when the change table will be upstairs and we'll be mostly down. Clothes are all second hand... why by new? They'll wear each newborn outfit maybe once at the most, and for the first year of life they grow so darned much anyways. I've also got a lot from family and friends... with how fast babies grow out of stuff, I don't see the point of buying new!

I am not getting "nursery" furniture or even children's furniture, all I got for Thomas was a plain white chest of drawers and a plain white storage unit both from IKEA. His room is accessorized with animal wall stickers and other bits so it still looks like a child's room but without spending the extra money.

I think that's what I'm going to do and then spend good money when they are old enough to choose what they like. Thanks for the tip!

Do I need a dresser for the baby? I feel like I want to buy her a better dresser when she gets older, and I don't know about a small baby dresser now... but I want her nursery to look nice. I'm so torn! I don't really have the money to buy one now anyway.

Hey there ladies, hope you all had a good weekend.

I have really only gotten clothes, a couple blankets and a stuffed animal. I would love to start doing more. I told Hubby that I want to finish our registry this week because his mom is already asking about it. I did alot of it but now I want to add a few gender specific things. My mom bought my sisters nursery furniture for my nephew so she is doing the same for me, otherwise I would be going to Ikea and getting her new stuff when she is older.
Later I will post some pictures of my ultrasound!

Congrats to everyone!
Sooo happy to be 20 weeks!

Do I need a dresser for the baby? I feel like I want to buy her a better dresser when she gets older, and I don't know about a small baby dresser now... but I want her nursery to look nice. I'm so torn! I don't really have the money to buy one now anyway.

Good question, for those who have already raised a baby - can you give any hints/tips on what you essentially need furniture wise for nursery?

Saitiffeh, where did you change your baby - just on a mat on the floor or bed? Thinking I might do the same.

And I don't make much money... AlExa still doesn't have a chest of drawers.... I just hang everything up in the closet and I have storage bins for her socks and such. Luckily for me, where I live they have tons of built in storage space. :wacko:

Don't know how you guys afford so much.... I must be poorer than I thought... :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->