~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

I didn't get much furniture for Thomas at all. Just his cot obviously, a chest of drawers for his clothes which was the right height to put a changing mat on top of for changing him during the night, a box storage unit for blankets and other bits and pieces and I also used it for clothes that he still had to grow into, another changing mat for downstairs (I just changed him on the floor rather than getting a changing table), and we also got some extra shelving for the sitting room which is used for all his toys and also for spare nappies etc. when he was younger. Once he grew out of clothes they went into storage boxes in the attic. We also got safety gates and fireguard but not until he was older. I think that is literally everything and it is probably the bare minimum of what you would need.

baby stuff is definitely expensive. I priced out all of the expensive furniture/big ticket items and it's almost $1300! I put together this list when I did our registry so we could keep track of what we need to buy still, etc.

Baby Sound/Movement Monitor: $94.99
High Chair/Booster Seat Combo: $129.00
Breast Pump: $57.99
Stroller/Carseat Combo: $182.29
Swing/Bouncer Combo: $127.31
Pack n Play w/ Bassinet & Changing Table Combo: $166.23
Crib/Toddler Bed/Twin Bed Combo: $199.00
Crib/Toddler Mattress: $59.99
Changing table/dresser Combo: $259.09

But at least all of the things we've chosen are multi-functional and will grow with Abigail. The crib turns into a toddler bed, day bed, and then twin bed so she'll have it forever. The stroller/carseat combo works until she's a toddler and by then we'll have another baby who can continue using it, etc. And we're buying everything in gender neutral green so that when we have our next kids, we don't have to buy everything all over again.

Yeah, the only thing we have for Lily that I am worried about not reusing is the stroller, as it only has room for one baby, and if we end up having kids in quick succession we won't have room for both the children.

We had our crib from our boys, but we had gotten rid of everything else, cuz we were done!! so yeah, we need everything but the crib...we bought some big ticket items after we found out we were having a girl, and my mom and sis are throwing a shower in june...so hopefully we wont have to buy too much more, but i forget what else I need. Like the small stuff...like shampoo...don't forget the shampoo!!! LOL

IMG_0267.jpg
Just wanted to share this picture from my ultrasound last thursday!

Stella has been very active today, kicking away. I joked with my dh that she is having a dance party in there.

Hope you are all having a great day :)

Hey everyone! Just got back from our anomaly scan, everything is looking perfect annnnnnd we're evening up the numbers a bit as we're TEAM BLUE :blue:

Our baby is very definitely male, he was holding his tackle in his hands, typical bloke! Me and OH are both over the moon, I always wanted a big brother when I was growing up so I always hoped my first would be a boy :p Here's our scan pic, Gregory Marshall at 21w2d:

greg.jpg

Hope you're all well ladies :D

Our baby is very definitely male, he was holding his tackle in his hands, typical bloke!

:rofl: Congrats on your little boy! :D

Great scan pic, Happily! :)

I'm happy to be only a week away from my scan!

Hi everyone! I was offline for a few days and there's five unread pages here! Anyway, I saw the doctor yesterday and everything's going great. Baby is very healthy and kicking away. She did tell me I need to eat more, though. I've only gained five lbs. I'm not complaining, this is the one time I can gain. :D

As for buying things for baby, my boyfriend and I are *very* poor. We are hoping to get the essentials at the baby shower, but we have lots of friends who are very willing to give us the stuff they can. (clothes, stroller, barely-used crib, etc) We're not going to buy a dresser but will instead use plastic tubs. We're pretty resourceful and it will turn out okay. It was just hard to walk into Babies R Us and Target to register. There was all this nice stuff and we can't buy it on our own. Oh well, baby will be happy, loved and well taken care of. That's all that matters. :)

Aww lyrics, I know exactly how you feel!
I can't afford anything ever.

I was watching a nursery room makeovers the other day.. I was soo jealous! Alexa never really had a nursery. Just a crib with toys in a room. Finally was able to get her a book shelf when she was about 8 months. Hopefully this time around I can try and scrap up some more things. But having Alexa growing and into big girl bed now and prepping for a new baby is getting very rough. And I've only bought one pair of maternity pants, and realized yesterday that my skinny girl jeans that I took the buttons off of to out string through so I could wear them while Preggo.... I've some how ripped both pairs... No clue how... Maybe I'm just getting too fat!! Lol. Best of luck to you, and hope all works out well! :)

Also congrats on all of the beautiful scans!!! :Happydance:

Lyrics - money is super tight here awell - Amy just had the essentials and we have built up stuff over time ... now we know we are having another girl she will definately be wearing all of Amys old clothes. Babys really dont 'need' that much stuff you can get by on basics its just hard when you see so much gorgeous stuff that I always want to buy but just cant afford it!

Had a good 20 week appointment today, quick and easy. My doc says next time we will be doing the glucose test. I know this tests for gestational diabetes but I'm not really sure how it's done. Where has everyone gone? No activity in 24 hours is not like us! Haha

I kept checking here, too! I was surprised. I felt awkward posting just to post. :D

Anyway, I have to take the glucose test next time, too. I've heard stories that it tastes bad. Blegh.

I had my first *guy runs out of his way to open door for pregnant woman* moment today, lol. I don't mind at all. :)

Yea, I only chat on 2 boards on BnB and both were SILENT last night. :( It really didn't help me procrastinate on my research paper! lol

I have to do the glucose test soon too... :( Not looking forward to spending a whole hour in the lab - they make you drink the stuff and then I can't leave or anything for a whole hour. How annoying! I have things to do dangit! Oh well, I guess I better bring a book!

Are any of you getting the pertussis vaccine? My dr keeps telling me I need to get it. I'm not a fan of vaccines so I haven't yet. My DH had it because he's a teacher and it's required by law but dunno if I should get it or not?

Finally had my Anatomy scan today!!
The tech put me ahead at 23 weeks today!! Due date has changed to August 9th!
My LO is doing wonderful and she's perfectly healthy!!!! I can't stop looking at the scan pictures!!! :haha: I'm so head over heels for her!!
I'm so anxious to get to do the 3d/4d scan next month now too!
Also, knock on wood, but this week has been remarkable so far with no migraines or sickness! I'm hoping I'm finally over all that!!

How is everyone else doing?:flower:

Attachments

• 4-12-2012 23wk (2).jpg
    4-12-2012 23wk (2).jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 4-12-2012 23wk (6).jpg
    4-12-2012 23wk (6).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 6
akblaze: I had terrible migraines and sickness, too. I still have it occasionally. It sucks. I sure hope you're feeling better! I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

I'm having more and more dreams about when I have my baby. They've ALL been about how incompetant I am. I can't do a diaper or feed him, etc. :( It's not really helping my already big fears about how well I can do this. Anyone else dreaming like that?

Have a great weekened everyone!

Just a question, every night for the past week when I lay down to go to bed I get what feels like a stomach ache/ feel to full, which is weird because right before that I'm fine. It's like 5-10 minutes of discomfort and then it goes away. Anyone had anything like that? My hips have been killing me to. Ugh.. I'm falling apart haha.

Not experienced that myself but i do get a heavy feeling if i lie in a way that baby doesnt like. It goes away if i move.

The hip thing I am totally getting but i can only imagine its my body getting ready rather than anything I am do wrong.

Is anyone else's belly button trying to escape?

Lyricsop: I'm sorry your still getting them occasionally! My last one was last weekend.. it lasted from thursday night to sunday morning and I couldn't hold any food down.. I've felt great since so I'm really hoping I'm finally out of it! A while ago I got told they should settle down around 20 weeks when the blood level rises. I really hope yours go away for good soon! They definitely are the worst... especially when you can't resort to migraine medicine!

Happily: I don't get the fullness but I do get the hip pain!! Sorry I can't be of much help!!

mummylanning: I'm with you on the belly button! Mine used to be a super innie and now it's a super outie!!! :haha:

Mine has gone from a super innie to being level, it's trying to get out! husband finds it really strange, but then this is also the same man that told me since my body had changed it felt like he was having an affair as it didn't feel like me!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->