~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Pinkorblue - there really are no words that do justice to what I want to say. I'm so sorry honey - my thoughts are with you x

:cry: I am so very sorry pinkorblue. No person should ever have to endure that. :nope: My thoughts and Prayers are with you.

omg how sad :cry: why is this happening? how are we still loosing ladies at such a late stage?

life can be so cruel at times. i really hope u find peace x x :cry::cry:

gotta log back out girls, just not in the mood to chat right now :cry::cry::cry:

I am so sorry, Pinkorblue! I'm praying for you and your family. I am so sad for you.

I'm so sorry pink... I hope you are able to find the strength you need in this desperate time..

Still so upset about Pinkorblue... :(

I'm 21 weeks today. Husband had to go on a business trip to Vegas yesterday and wont be back till Thursday. This is the longest we have been apart since we have been married. I hate it so much. It's so lonely. I know it's totally ridiculous and I think of all the military wives who have to be without their husbands for months at a time but I just can't deal with being away from him. I know it's my hormones but I seriously need to get a grip.

Hope you are all doing well.

Aw happily. Hope it flies by for you.

Your guys love is soo strong. If it was me, I would think of it as a break woohoo! Lol. :haha:

But then again me and OH are military, so I am used to us being apart for long periods of time, and we still haven't lived together as a family yet. But that will alll change in a few months. :) Getting out and being a SAHM.

Yeah, it's funny cuz when Hubby is out late I think to myself "yes! I get to watch my shows, have what I want for dinner and no disruptions" but when I go to bed it's so comforting to have him right next to me. Makes me feel safe. I

I have soooo much respect for military families. I can't even imagine how hard that is. I know myself well enough to know I couldn't do it.

I just gotta remind myself that my husband got this job to support our family. I will be a sahm because it's makes the most sense financially, especially while Stella ( and our future babies) are young. I can't even believe the cost of childcare these days!

I miss my boyfriend a lot and we've always been long distance (I'm at college). I'm going to be so happy to finally move in with him this summer. I, too, have such respect for military families. I don't think I could be that strong.

I am determined to finish my musical theater degree at college but it's going to take me another couple of years even without a baby. I'm torn because I always wanted to be a SAHM and since we can't afford daycare, I don't know what to do. I've resigned myself to live a crazy couple years (school, baby, late night rehearsals six nights a week and work on the weekends) but I don't know if I can do it. Anyone have advice or think it's too much?

I cant believe I just found you guys. I'd like to join. :flower: I am due August 17th and as of right now I am team yellow(although not by choice :winkwink: little booger didnt want to show the goods) but May 18 I am having a 4d scan so maybe Ill find out then!

Pinkorblue- :cry: I am just, so so so sorry. I cant even imagine. I know that isn't enough...but just know you are in my prayers and I just want to give you an infinite amount of hugs. :hugs:

It's definitely a lot lyrics. It's too bad you can't afford to just focus on school and baby, have you looked into the daycare costs to be sure? Right now I work full time and go to school full time even during summer and winter sessions (I only get two weeks off from school the whole year!). We had intended that when LO came along, I'd work part time and still do school full time but after calling around to daycares, the cost of daycare would barely be covered by my working part time and Abigail would only be in daycare while I was at work since I take my classes at night when DH is home. It made zero sense to work in order to pay someone else to raise our baby. It would be different if we had parents who wanted to contribute to watching Abigail but we don't so it would be all daycare for us and it's just a waste of money. I was worried about being a SAHM and I still am at times but mostly now I'm excited about it. I know it will be best for Abigail and I'll be able to focus even more on school and finish my teaching credentials sooner too.

Welcome Twickywabbit! I hope you find out the gender at your appointment! :)

And thanks, gardenofedens. I just don't know what I could give up, you know? If I'm going to school, I have to use my theater scholarship (I have a full ride). And my scholarship requires me to be in every show, which is demanding enough without a baby! And I need to work, too... I just don't know what to do.

Welcome Twicky!! Its awesome to see a new face on here.

We chose for me to stay at home because of both the cost of day care and the fact that I will have more influence over my kids! I am hoping that it helps with their long-term lives, although I don't judge people who go back to work, some people have to work and some people just love their job!

I am a stay at home mum ... me working and paying for Amy to go to nursery wouldnt have made any sense and especially now we will have two who would need childcare I will be at home until they are at school!

Hope everyone is ok x x x

Hi everyone! :wave: I havnt been checking in with you ladies recently! So an update from me, Had our 20 week scan last week and all is perfect with baby :happydance: staying team yellow was hard but we were determined to stay strong! :lol:

We then had a consultant appt after the scan as i had a 3rd degree tear last time. It was a bit pointless really as they didnt have my notes from last time so we couldnt make any decicions. They are going to request my notes and I have another appt for when Im 34 weeks, when we will decide if a section would be best or if i can have my natural birth! Basically need to know if my tear was 3a 3b or 3c. if c need section if a/b should be ok to go for natural, depending on rest of notes. Really dont want a section so fingers crossed!!

Hope everyone is well!

Im so so sorry pinkorblue. Cant imagine what your going through :hugs:

:hugs: pinkorblue :hugs: I'm so sorry :cry:

I stay at home, my boys are in school right now, but so excited to stay at home with my baby girl I can't wait!! :happydance: But at the same time I love to work, I like being social and since we moved I haven't been, kinda bums me out. I thought about going back to school to be a preschool teacher, but also would like to do some physical therapy stuff....who knows. It's a hard decision to make!! Won't have to do it for another year tho....so I have some time :thumbup:

Just now catching up.... sooo devastated for pinkorblue. :( :( :( My sister lost her son at 20 weeks, and the little casts of his tiny feet still just break me to pieces. That was a hard funeral to go to. I'll be praying for her a lot. It seems so unfair to lose a baby past the 'safe' stage.

I am a SAHM, and I home school as well. :) My little girl is bright as the sun, but she has a condition which causes her to tremble. I did go to college for ECE, so I am not entirely unqualified, but even if I were I've got more passion and interest in her education than any non-related teacher could. She's doing very well, and every time she learns something new I feel so blessed - almost flattered, even - to be the one to share it with her! In a way it is like never having to lose those many firsts we cherish so!

Anyway, welcome to the new ladies! Hope everyone is having a lovely week! Next Tuesday we get to go for our fetal echo (heart trouble runs in the family, so they're taking precautions), and since I tested with very slight positive markers for Down's Syndrom (less than 1%) they will be looking more closely at her for that too. From what they tell me, they want to look closely at her facial features too! She's been so wriggly that it has been hard to get a look at her face. :) Baby girl seems to adore pressing her face into her little hands/arms! <3 <3 <3 I can't wait to see her again, and hope we do get a good look at her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->