~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Hiya,

Life is oh so busy so I'm probably behind on updating your guys updates.

If for any reason I haven't added you, fixed your due date or put your gender down, could you please send me a privat message so it will be easier to find and fix it for you. :)

Thank You and welcome Trickywabbit!! :)

Welcome to our group Twicky :flower:

Ladies I have to ask, does anyone else still not have a bump?! I've been looking at photos on the second tri bump thread and even people who arent due until a while after me look far more pregnant than I do! I have a case of serious bump envy, I still just look chubby. Doesn't help that people keep asking me why my bumps not growing :( I'm taking some consolation in the fact that my mum told me she was constantly worrying during her first pregnancy as she kept being told that she had a small bump, but ended up giving birth to my sister who weighed a whopping 11lb. Anyone else in the same boat?

Cin- I am plus size and still feel like I just look fat. My mom says she sees my bump but my sister who is 3 weeks behind me in her pregnancy looks more pregnant than I do. Granted this is her second but it irritates me. Some days I feel my bump is hangin out and other days I feel like it's just fat. I think it has to do with where baby is. At my ultrasound Stella was really low in my uterus but there are times when I feel her higher and that's generally when my bump looks bigger. Hope this helps! Don't get discouraged! We will all have big round bumps in no time! We should post bump pictures!

I'm MASSIVE.... But to me it looks like I just got extremely fat instead. :wacko:

I felt like that a few weeks ago, but I decided to just start wearing tight maternity shirts and now I have a nice bump :)

I feel fat, but baby is extrememly low. I feel wider than thicker, actually. If that makes sense. He's so low that at my 20 week scan the technician had to roll that uncomfy thing over my pubic bone. (I don't know what the "thing" is called, lol) Is that normal? The technician didn't seem worried, she just remarked on how he kept trying to evade her...

Anyway, I'm now starting to count calories to gain weight. The doctor told me 2200 calories is good for me, but it's okay if I go a little higher or lower. I can't believe how little I was eating before. I was only eating 1700 calories and I wasn't even trying to eat that little. I feel gross for eating as much as I am now. Oh well, it's for baby to get healthy. :)

I feel fat and now I have a bump but because I wear long cardigans and scarves I don't look pregnant when people first look at me.

If it helps I have a friend who had no sign of a bump until about 22 weeks. She was fairly slim so just looked like she was getting fat!

I feel so fat. I am convinced I gained 10 pounds since my last appointment, but I haven't been weighing myself since we are moving and I can't find my scale. I look so much bigger though, and have been addicted to ice cream...

Maybe I should lay off the ice cream! I eat some just about twice a week.

Thanks for the replies ladies, it's reassuring to know that there are some people going through exactly the same thing. Today I've been wearing a tight fitting red top, granted it's from my pre-maternity wardrobe, but I just look like I have a massive pot belly :dohh: I'm going to be going back to uni tomorrow after a 2 week easter break and I know exactly what the girls in my class are going to say when I walk in - 'Jenny you still don't look preggers, are you sure there's really a baby in there?!'. I know in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter but I guess I'm just an impatient person :p

I haven't been weighed since my 12 week apt. We don't have a set of scales that works so I have no idea what I weigh! I know it's a lot and I have put on a few lbs in the last week as even my maternity clothes are starting to feel too small! :cry:

I'm fairly thin and looked bigger (to me) starting at about 12-13 weeks but no one else noticed until I was about 18 weeks and even then it was only people who knew me and knew I was thin before. Today was my first "OMG, are you...?" Yes, thank you, I'm pregnant! hehe. So even though I think my bump is MASSIVE, it's still small enough that most people probably think it's just chubs.

Anyone else up to posting belly shots? Here's mine yesterday at 21 weeks 5 days:
https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2da39b3127cceffb1707eefdd00000030O00EauGTRm0ZNAe3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Progression:
https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2da39b3127cceffb184aaef7300000030O00EauGTRm0ZNAe3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/
I don't have a shot from before our bfp though :(

Your bump is great looking!! I think it looks like all bump. I would never think you are just gaining weight.

Here is my 20 week bump with twins.

Attachments

• 5 months2.jpg
    5 months2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 4
so cute! Do you have names picked yet? I was not-so-secretly hoping for twins...maybe next time! :)

Update: Just read through your journal - love the names you have picked! :)

I hope it's okay if I post a bump picture in just my underwear, bra and an intense expression on my face. :D I'm not sure if I'm "popping" or not. I also included my six week one. I'm not super flat but it gives you an idea of before and after.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 7
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 9
Cute bumps!! You all look like ripe pregnant women! Lol. Ive recently started parking In the Expecting Mothers parking. And this woman had the nerve to tell me, excuse me, but that's for expecting mothers... Omg... So I just look fat and not pregnant?! I could barely fit between the cars to get into my car and Squished poor thing. Oh well hopefully I get out of the fat phase lol.

These are the only Preggo shots I've taken. :blush:

https://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj82/KayTeeB2009/611cd80f.jpg

https://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj82/KayTeeB2009/PREGGER.png

And yesterday at 22.5 weeks
https://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj82/KayTeeB2009/76e3ab82.jpg

here is my very first bump pic! I am a curvy girl so I have been really self consciencous but I actually like it! I am loving all these bump pictures! you are all so darling!

IMG_0310.JPG

I love looking at everyone's bump photos. :)

I'm very happy because I'm feeling him squirm around more and more. He definitely likes to be super active at night (right around midnight) but it's nice to feel him move around during the day. :) This is definitely my favorite part of pregnancy right now. I was always so worried if he was okay and to feel him bounce around reassures me.

Loving the bump pics ladies - you all look so good! I need to take a new one - I might do it in the next day or two and then post my progression. I have definitely popped over the last few weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->