August 2014 Buddies

It does doesn't it!!! I thought there might be a chance of a 12 week scan since I got my early scan at 7 w but nope :( I will be happy when I find the heart beat on my doppler though. But still, I'd like to see my babes grow!!

Everything's perfect. :) Measured dead on for how far I was according to lmp. And the heartbeat was at 167bpm, so that was the best news. :)

No 12w scan here, either. I asked about getting one and she didn't even really want to give me the option- even though it would be one we'd be paying for out of pocket. :( I was a little frustrated with that. But I think I'll be ok once I can start finding the heartbeat with the doppler.

My appointment fell through today and will be a week from today instead.

Bibliophile, can't you just schedule a private appointment and go ahead anyway? You don't need anyone's approval to do one if it's what you want.

Everything's perfect. :) Measured dead on for how far I was according to lmp. And the heartbeat was at 167bpm, so that was the best news. :)

No 12w scan here, either. I asked about getting one and she didn't even really want to give me the option- even though it would be one we'd be paying for out of pocket. :( I was a little frustrated with that. But I think I'll be ok once I can start finding the heartbeat with the doppler.

Thats brilliant news :thumbup:
What about just booking a private scan when you are 12 weeks?xx

I'm not sure there are "private" scans around here. The ones you have done for the doctor are in their office. The only thing I know of that's separate are the 3d ones, and it's too early for that. ;) It's ok, though. The only reason I really wanted it was for pictures since we'll be announcing it that weekend.

They do, but insurance probably wouldn't cover it since we're not considered high risk. So they'll do one there if we really insisted. But we'd end up paying for it. And they have a big new facility that they're paying for, so I'm sure additional scans wouldn't be cheap. ;)

I didn't get an 8 week scan, they're doing the NT scan and combining that as my 12 week scan, I guess it depends on the doctor and the practice. Glad you had a good 8 week scan though! That has to be such a relief!

It was. :) Seeing the heartbeat flicker was worth it, even if we don't get another one before 20 weeks.

I'm not sure there are "private" scans around here. The ones you have done for the doctor are in their office. The only thing I know of that's separate are the 3d ones, and it's too early for that. ;) It's ok, though. The only reason I really wanted it was for pictures since we'll be announcing it that weekend.

Yeh I think it would be abit early for a 3D scan. I know a girl that has a 3D scan at 16 weeks and it was quite scary really the baby just looked like skin and bones! I had one at 28 weeks with DD and that was good because she had a bit of meat on her! Dont think I will be having one this time though xx

I *think* the hospital here offers them for free- or they used to, at least. I don't know if you have to deliver there to get it, though. But that's a long time away still.

Hi ladies! Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

I had my first appointment with a midwife yesterday. We were seeing a physician, but I want to have a natural birth int he hospital and I found this amazing office that does water birth! So excited! Everything went well and we got to hear the little thumper! I wish we got another scan, but they said the next one in my 20 week anatomy scan. So happy to hear the heartbeat, though! :)

It sounds like a great appointment mindy! Congrats on hearing the little heartbeat again.

So I was put on high risk pregnancy and have to switch OB's. I have had an abnormal pap in the past but was told it would just go away. Well I had a pap on Monday and it came back severely abnormal with high grade squamous intraepithelial lesion with moderate dysplasia. I don't know exactly what this means even after hours googling it... So I guess I just have to wait and see what the new high risk OB says. I think they just have to monitor it but at the same time I have no idea. I used my doppler this morning and babies heart rate was around 160 :) so anyway that's what's up with me.

Sorry you have to switch docs. :( But I hope it's just some extra monitoring for you.

I really don't mind switching docs I did NOT like my office. So it may be a blessing in disguise :) but it is also kind of a scary thing.

Thanks Mindy! I am still just waiting for my new OB office to call me to schedule an appointment. I hope they schedule it soon so I can get a better idea of what's going on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->