August 2014 Buddies

Hi anothermom!

I was getting ready to buy a doppler... And then a friend offered hers that she doesn't need anymore. So that should arrive next week after our appointment! Super excited- it's a more expensive one than I was going to buy. :haha:

Welcome to all the new August babies!

Congrats to everyone who passed their milestones!! Mine was back around 5 weeks.

Let me know how those dopplars work!! I want one!! :)

Some of us are getting close to the second trimester!! Should we/ can we move this thread to the second trimester forum when most of us get there?

I don't think you're able to move threads, but this one is already in the pregnancy groups page, so I think it's in a good spot! I just got an email about my doppler being shipped, but the shipping page isn't working lol. So who knows when it'll be in! I hope it comes in before the 27th so I can see if I can find the heart beat before my next appointment!

UPDATE: just checked and the shipping was updated hahaha. They did 2 day shipping so it should be here by the 13th! That's awesome because I didn't even pay for shipping, and usually when you do that, you have to wait like two weeks! So very excited!

Since this isn't in the first tri forums, I don't see the need to try to move. And some people are already about to hit 12, but the people at the end of August are 4-5 weeks behind them. So that would be kind of weird. :p

If mine arrives this week, I have a feeling I'll spend a lot of time obsessively searching for the heartbeat. LOL. Hubby's leaving for work Monday afternoon so I'll have the whole week to do it.

Hello everyone. I'm 9 weeks and 5 days and I can't find the heartbeat on my doppler. My advice is not to try until later because now I'm really worried.

I have bad morning sickness too - 24/7 and can't eat much.

Hi, Jazz. Have you checked out the youtube videos on where to look for it? It's really low down. But it's not unusual to not be able to find it during the first tri, either. :)

Hello everyone. I'm 9 weeks and 5 days and I can't find the heartbeat on my doppler. My advice is not to try until later because now I'm really worried.

I have bad morning sickness too - 24/7 and can't eat much.

If you are having bad morning sickness then you don't have to worry! Not everyone hears it that early :)

I've already had "the talk" with myself not to freak out if I don't hear anything right away

Hello All,

I'm pregnant with my second child, who is due August 28th. My daughter is five years old and my boyfriend's daughter is seven; this will be our first child together! We're both very excited and surprised, because I was told years ago that I would likely never conceive on my own (my daughter was the result of several rounds of fertility drugs +IUI).

I'm delighted that I managed to conceive despite struggling with Lupus and PCOS, but I'm also very nervous and have to work hard to keep my stress level low. If anyone would like to know my supplement regimen, please feel free to ask, because I really feel like it was my supplements that allowed me to ovulate and conceive without medical intervention.

Our first real appointment with my Ob/Gyn is Monday and I can't wait. I've had horrible fatigue, so I'm concerned I may have low iron and need a supplement.

Congrats plum that is amazing. What a little miracle! :')

Hi bibliophile - yes I tried the doppler all over but concentrated near the hair line as I know it's supposed to be quite low down. Made a promise to myself to put it away until I have a scan.

Euuuugh I do feel so nauseous though - I just can't wait for this feeling to pass! Roll on 2 tri!

Hi, plum! Congrats!

Lol emi. I've given myself the same talk. Though if tomorrow goes well, I think I'll be able to give it a week or so before trying. I'm definitely having enough symptoms to not have any doubts!

Thanks for the welcome!

How exciting for everyone getting a Doppler. I hope everyone updates when they hear the heartbeats!

Congrats on your little surprise plum! Keep us updated on your appointment!

Yay got my 12 week scan next week ... Im so nervous but also super excited. When does everyone else have there scans?x

I found thr heartbeat last night. Was such a beautiful sound! Just home from first midwife app. She took my blood and went thro the usual stuff. Back next Tuesday. Scan should be in next 3 weeks. Although contemplating a private one this week.

Mine's today! A little scary, but I'm not feeling as nervous today as I was all weekend.

I tried hearing the heart beat, no luck but I'm only 8+6 so that's probably why. Might try again later this week. My appointment is in 2 weeks so if I can't find it before then I'm sure the professional will find it :haha:

I will get my doppler today but I won't use it till later, after work. I had my second appt today but she did not offer me a twelve week scan :cry: guess I'm not getting one :( I just got to schedule another appt in 4 weeks. I'm guessing I will get to schedule a gender scan that appt?

I'm not getting a 12 week scan either since they did one at 9w3d the midwife said my next ultrasound will be at 20 weeks, it just seems so far away :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->