August 2014 rainbows - anyone else?

Debzie, is it possible that the scan irritated things a bit like dtd could, and the bleeding is from that and not a mc?? I am holding out hope for you, and thinking of you. Rest up, and take care of yourself x

I finally got the results of my hcg test. It went from 2206 to 2816. My Dr is very optimistic saying as long as it is going up don't worry about the numbers.

It was abdominal scan. Usually when I bleed I don't have the cosmos or clots have both. Been referred to gynecology if it gets worse I'm to go yo the ward if not then nurse us ringing in the morning to get me a scan

Biblio - I totally understand not even being excited because you're too tired. I've been too tired to even think about anything lately.

Good luck making it through today! I felt so much more optimistic once I got farther along than I ever did before. The lack of bleeding is such a good sign, and I'm certain you won't have any this time!

Kate - welcome here. sounds like things are going well this time.

Tess - I also try to get myself into a positive think mode, but it is so hard. It is much easier imagining having an mc and having to tell everyone. But that is the experience that impacted us the most last time, so it's hard for us to imagine a different scenario. :hugs: Hang in there. You CANNOT think yourself into an m/c and if your baby is meant to live, then s/he definitely will NOT be harmed by your thoughts in any way.

Wookie - I certainly hope you're wrong and aren't having a 3rd m/c. How devastating. I am so sorry. :hugs:

Debzie - I am so sorry about the cramping and bleeding. Are you passing clots? One idea is that it can actually be common to start spotting around 8 weeks or whenever your regular AF would have been due. You are almost at 8 weeks so perhaps that is the reason you're bleeding? I'm following quite a few girls in their pregnancy after a loss, and nearly all of them bled with this pregnancy but are now safely in their second trimester. So don't count yourself out yet. :hugs:

BusyBee - I am the same way - sooo hopeful one minute, and then crying and convinced that it's all over the next. Cramping is definitely normal and can be your uterus stretching. I definitely had some cramping for a few days at 4, 5 and 6 weeks. I'm not sure if I've had any since. Perhaps that's a bad sign. :wacko:

AFM - My first u/s is tomorrow. I am very worried but trying not to think about it. Thinking about the worst case scenario makes me sick.

Hello everyone! Question...is there a quick cheat sheet listing of all of the abbreviations or acronyms used in the forum? I'm new here and have only figured out a few of the terms used.

Melinrussel, that's a good question. I'd be happy to help you try to decipher some of the terms and acronynms...

Here you go:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

Thanks, Wookie & Literati. Still nothing! Getting a little emotional over that. :haha: But really happy about it.

Sorry you're feeling the fatigue, too, Literati! I was soooo proud of myself because I managed to actually work a decent amount today. And now I'm wondering what in the world I'm going to do for dinner... Lol. FX for your scan tomorrow!

That's good news, MrsBB!

Literali: I'm sure all is well. How exciting! I will be popping in again to hear how wonderful your scan went.

Debzie: Sorry to hear about your scare... Hang in there hun! It's hard but "Today you are pregnant and love your baby.

Glad everyone is feeling positive. My scan went well yesterday too and nausea is back!

Hi lovely ladies!!

I hope you are all well,
I am still waiting for a scan date through post this is soooo frustrating. To not know exactly what's happening inside me.

I still have sore boobies especially the nipples they feel like they've been dragged through concrete!lol I'm getting weird tingles and twinges in my abdominal lower abdominal and now I'm not going to pee as much as I used but maybe I'm not drinking as much I did before as I'm not as thirsty anymore. The indigestion has also gone. Every symptom that goes away freaks me out. I feel like a walking time bomb.

I'm always crying and it turns hysterical when my partner doesn't understand that I'm soooo hormonal and he doesn't get that I just feel like crying because everything he does upsets me. I'm completely a wreck in terms of holding it together.
I know that a man can only treat you the way you let him and I'm struggling with the idea of miscarriage and the way he is treating me right now is having a very negative impact. I think this is make or break for us.

Busy - Remember that being so emotional is also a symptom, which means you haven't lost all of them. I know you are scared to death, but do try to think positive. I find it is a lot more painful to worry constantly. I hope you get your scan soon and that all is well. And I hope you and your SO can mend things. My DH had a hard time with my emotions the first few weeks and it was putting a strain on us, but he's finally comin around.

Lady- congrats on your good scan! I had a very good feeling about your pregnancy (still do).

I'll update later about my scan...hopefully it is good news to share. :s

Hopefully you have a good scan today literati :)
I'm feeling more positive today, I rang the domino midwife unit at my hospital and they said they would take me on. I'm so happy, I wanted domino care last time but I was too late when I asked because they don't take many first time births. They are only a small unit so you get to know your midwife, and they aim for a natural labour and discharge you home early which I'm happy about. I have gallstones so wasn't sure I would be suitable for them (low risk preg only) but I am so yay!!! I'll get my booking appointment in the mail soon :)
Seeing my gp tomorrow, she will do bloods etc and formally refer me to the midwives and I am really going to push to be referred for an early scan. I'd feel better if I had morning sickness, but these mild symptoms are making me anxious!!! Need something to reassure me!

Well, we saw the heartbeat but immediately after I started spotting. I'm sure it's all over and the u/s was just a cruel joke to make it all more devastating.

:hugs: Busy. Do try to relax some.

Don't give up yet, Literati! :hugs:

That's great, Tess! :)

Well, I had my scan, and to my shock, all was well. Baby is measuring 8 weeks, and had a heartbeat of 167 bpm. They have no idea why I may be spotting...but holy moly, what a shock!!!! :happydance:

Ladies try to relax. As long as u saw that heartbeat you're good. Spotting is normal even after a u/s. As long as you're not filling pads every hour. You're still in. I think your scans went great to me. Congrats!

Congrats on all the great scans.

I know I'm out. Cramps hit a peak at 2am with heavy bleeding and clots. I have a follow up scan Monday. I'm certain I have lost it last night.

Good luck with your rainbows but I'm going to bow out for now if by any miracle I am wrong I will let you guys know.

Congrats on all the great scans.

I know I'm out. Cramps hit a peak at 2am with heavy bleeding and clots. I have a follow up scan Monday. I'm certain I have lost it last night.

Good luck with your rainbows but I'm going to bow out for now if by any miracle I am wrong I will let you guys know.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->