• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

August 2014 rainbows - anyone else?

Busy, sounds like you're measuring almost 2 weeks behind me & I'm due the 24th. You'll probably be September. :)

MrsD, I started feeling better at the end of 9 weeks- and the heartbeat is still perfect, so everyone's a little different. I still feel queasy sometimes and the tiredness hasn't let up other than to get rid of my daily nap. But that little bit has been soooo nice! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Exciting, Wookie! Have you watched some videos on how to find it? Everyone kept saying it's near the pubic bone, but once I found it, I realized was looking too far down! Lol. It's low, but not *that* low. Mine's closer to the midway point between my belly button and the bone- and you're farther, so baby might be moving higher.

I'm not scheduled for a scan at next week's appointment, but we paid cash for the first one since our insurance hadn't started yet. So I'm going to talk to the billing ladies this week and see if they think the insurance will pay for one- crossing my fingers. We're planning to go public about the 14th and it would be fun to have a scan that looks like an actual baby to show off. Lol.

The baby for me has been slightly to the right at like a half way point between my belly button and my pelvic bone. Surprisingly tonight I found the baby more to the left which was a first lol. I had a really bad day at work and I'm close to quiting. It's too stressful and I really don't need all the drama. I work at a residents home for 18-22 year olds. Today I had to call the cops because two of them got physical. It's just something I can't deal with while pregnant anymore

For me the heartbeat is right next to the public bone and slightly to the left.

Mel that's hard and wouldn't want to deal with it pregnant

Bib, I'm an old pro on using a doppler. I used it daily with my last pregnancy, and never had too much trouble. The reality of using home dopplers, is that 11/12 weeks is still quite early to find a heartbeat...a lot of health care professionals struggle to find it with the office doppler at that point, and then move to the patient needing an ultrasound. I just think the baby is still so small that he/she runs and hides when the doppler comes out...a lot of folks online make it sound like it's so easy to use a doppler at 8-10 weeks, but the reality, is that for most ladies, that is simply too early, and that it is far easier to detect the heartbeat once a woman is more like 14-16 weeks along.

I agree it's definitely hard to find! Still takes me about 20 minutes each time and I'll get it for a glimpse and it'll run and hide. So I have to not press as hard to bring the baby out of hiding. I was surprised with me finding it at 10+3 with me being plus size. I watched a ton of videos to make sure that was the baby I was hearing lol

I agree I was shocked finding it at 10w3d but like Mel I watched a lot and have learnt where to find it but still it's not there every time and I have to give up and try later. Think it also depends on the position and tilt if your uterus

Just 10 hours to until my 12 week scan. I'm so nervous I can't sleep!

Good luck MrsD!

I'm finding it within about 5 minutes (usually less) now. The first and second times took a bit, but it's coming pretty easily now. Considering the attitude of the people at this office, I think they'll probably be annoyed if I tell them I have a doppler next week at the appointment... Oh, well! This is the last one with them anyway.

Hey

So I'm still having this brown watery spotting it's actually worrying me but I know they won't do anything unless I'm bleeding red and heavy but I can't help the worry. Appointment for next scan on the 18th feels soooo far away!!

Not really getting any crazy symptoms feels good not to be throwing up but then again I worry why my boobs aren't as sore, or why I'm not sick anymore, indigestion has gone the usual constant worried at the back of my mind. But I'm. Ok just keeping busy. Iv just been made redundant from company I worked with so abit stressed about money as just with my partners income we will be struggling.

I'm probably in the September rainbows now but I've got to know a lot of u here so hope u don't mind me sticking around :)

X

Hugs

Busy - I don't mind at all your sticking around! Probably a lot of you at the end will end up giving birth in September anyway! I hope you can avoid worrying too much. My boobs barely hurt from 8 or 9 weeks onward if it makes you feel any better. They actually hurt more now that I'm in the second trimester! Go figure.

Mrs D - good luck today! I am sure all will be well. :hugs:

I would cry if I don't have it until September! I'd be over a week late at that point... Lol.

Busy it's totally fine if your in September! I wouldn't wanna push you out! Lol

I have so much going on this summer I wouldn't be surprised if I go early in July! I hope not, but i can see it happening. Makes me nervous!

Hi ladies how is everyone doing?

I had my scan! Everything was great! It was so exciting seeing the baby and hearing the heartbeat! I was so ridiculously nervous beforehand but it's so nice being able to tell people and relax a bit now!

They had to scan me twice. Normal ultrasound and an internal scan. The baby wasn't being helpful and kept moving! At one point it was upside down so they made me jump up and down to try and move it!

Busy - I wouldn't worry about symptoms disappearing. That was partly why I was panicking today! I haven't been sick for over a week, boobs not so sore, although still huge! And other than tiredness, I've been ok. It made me worried but everything was great today!

MrsD- Yay for a great scan! LOL @ having to jump up and down!!! :rofl:

Glad your scan went well Mrs D! :) I had no idea jumping could help turn the baby around lol!

Had my scan!! All well they have moved my due date to the 23rd August

That's great!

We have our 12w appointment tomorrow. Nothing exciting, I'm sure. :)

Hi ladies, finally feeling brave enough to join you all. Had my dating scan today after a nail biting twelve weeks which have included three early scans and an emergency scan following a bleed. Happily all is well, and they've brought my due date forward slightly to 19th August.

Hoping I can relax a bit now as my nerves have been shredded to hell over the last few weeks, and hoping that this monkey keeps hanging in there. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->