August 2014 rainbows - anyone else?

I too have dehydrated because of the vomiting I hate the gurgle feeling in my stomach so haven't been drinking as much as a should. Praying the sickness will stop soon. Mel I thought I felt something yesterday really low down like near my cervix

I've been feeling little flutters or twitchy feelings for almost 4 weeks now. All the preggos I've talked to who have felt kicks say that it feels the same as I described. Exciting! Sorry you had to go to the hospital, Mel. Are you still throwing up a lot? I started feeling a lot better after 14 weeks 3 days...but I definitely still have waves of nausea and the smell aversions aren't going away.

After the hospital they gave me a prescription for zofran so I have been taking one a day whenever I start feeling really nauseous. Prior to the hospital visit I was still puking every other day. I hope it starts dying off!

For those of you who are pregnant with #1, the first movements do kind of feel (in my experience) like farty bubbles, or sometimes like popcorn popping. That's the only way I can describe it.

I too have been feeling some slight movements at night, after I've been laying down. I can FINALLY find him on our doppler now! What a relief that is! My husband is so excited to be having a son this time...having one of each just seems like a dream come true. We are going to name him Oscar Dennis. Oscar was my great grandfather's name, and Dennis is my dad's name.

One thing I can say, having had a little girl first, is that shopping for clothes for a boy (which is essentially all we'll be needing for this baby...we have all of the big stuff already) is really kind of lame! LOL!!! I'm really picky about little boy clothes. I don't like teddy bears, choo choo trains, nautical-themed stuff, etc. I like baby boy clothes that look like big-boy clothes, if that makes sense. I like stripes, little jeans, plaid, polo shirts, etc. Oh, and simple sleepers and onesies... But good grief, there are some stupid boy clothing options out there. :rofl: I can go shopping for my daughter, and feel like I've hit the jackpot in cuteness, and my poor son is going to get the fashion shaft! LOLOL!!!!!!

Yay for your boy wookie!! I'll update the first page that you're team blue!! That's what I'm feeling! Like popcorn or SOMETHING! My fiancé thinks I'm nuts lol.

And I agree boys clothes are so hard! When I was shopping for my nephew I couldn't find anything! I'm hoping it's a boy but shopping is going to suck lol. I can't wait to schedule my scan to find out! I was feeling a girl but now I just don't know!

Well, my advice would be to NOT take any stock in the heartbeat theory in determining a baby's gender. My daughter was always in the lower boy range, and now my son always has a quicker, "girly" heartbeat. So, that's yet another old wives' tale. I thought for sure we were having another girl, and we were so surprised to get the phone call with our MaterniT21 test results, that it was a healthy boy!

I've been having bubbly sensations for a bit now, too... I haven't mentioned them because I don't want people to think I'm nuts or imagining things! :haha: But it's nothing I've ever felt before, even with gas or a stomach upset or anything.

Hooray for finding out, Wookie! We should know next week. :)

I thought I was imaging things too! But it happens everytime I lay down, it has to be baby!!

Old wives tales make me mad! My OB never mentions anything like that, but everyone else does. The hospital I went to is my local one and they are terrible! But I knew I only needed fluids and I knew it couldn't be THAT hard to. The nurse was like "oh yeah that heart rate says girl, and you got heartburn, head full of hair." Then she went on to tell me what SHE thinks the name should be and told me she didn't like the name I had in mind. Um HELLO, my child not yours! My local hospital is so unprofessional. Oh they also kept asking me why I choose a different place over them for my OB. Uh, because you guys suck lol.

I do think there is a bit of real science behind the heartburn = hair thing. I have read that the same hormone that is responsible for hair growth in neonates is also what gives pregnant women the horrific heartburn. I suffered immeasurably from it the last time I was pregnant. Whenever I had an ultrasound done, and they'd do the 4D view, I'd never see hair, and I was convinced she'd be a baldy. Well, she was born with a head FULL of longish dark fluffy hair! <3 So, in my case, this was true. I have heard of some gals having the crappy heartburn, and then having some pretty bare-headed babies, though. :rofl:

I have also heard bad sickness can mean a girl but have friends who went on to have boys after being very sicky.

So who is finding out what they are having and who us staying team yellow?

Wookie I definitely believe in the hair thing! But the heartrate, not so much.

I was set that sickness = girl. But my mom had two girls and was never sick! lol. She feels bad for how sick I've been lol.

And we are DEFINITELY finding out. I would love to stay team yellow but I seriously couldn't go that long without knowing. It's funny tho, some people are like "oh you should be surprised!" But honestly, no one around here does that. They think you're nuts if you don't find out!

Plus we are TERRIBLE with names. We have had our boy name picked out for a while. But we have been on the fence with different girl names. So if we do have a girl, it will help us be more stern about choosing a name lol.

I am on team yellow. I feel like there are few surprises in life anymore....my friends think Im crazy but I just dont want to know :) Im hoping for a boy though.

We are definitely finding out the gender if we can! To me, seeing what our baby looks like will be enough of a surprise! I want to be prepared with gender-appropriate clothing and I also think it will help me bond with the baby.

That is so cool that we've all been feeling movements so early. I, too, avoided mentioning anything for a while because I didn't want people to think I was just imagining it.

The sickness theory definitely isn't true. My sis-in-law has had 3 girls and a boy and her sickness has really just increased with each pregnancy, so with each girl it was worse and then finally for her 4th she had a boy and she was sickest of all. Another friend was EXTREMELY ill and couldn't even move without throwing up, and it was a boy!

Also, the heart burn theory might carry -some- weight but I doubt it's that accurate either. I am definitely suffering from heart burn, but both my DH and I were completely bald babies so I am expecting that ours will be as well.

I love knowing the gender at only 14 1/2 weeks along. We already have him named, and we've already bought a few newborn and 0-3 month outfits for him! We are very excited. I guess in my view, finding out what you're having is a surprise at any point in gestation...whether it be at 12 weeks (like me), or 20 weeks, or at the birth! It's a surprise either way, really. I'm just choosing to be surprised a lot earlier than a lot of people! LOL!

I would rather be surprised now as well. I find it a lot easier to prepare, even though they do have a lot of gender neutral items. We finally did decide on a girl name tho! I have my appointment on Monday so I can't wait to schedule the ultrasound :)

We have already decided on names as well (we have one picked out for a girl, and one for a boy). It's nice to have that settled!

It definitely is! We were pretty quick with a boy name, but that's because I love boy names lol. The girl one was so tricky and we were set with one but everyone gave me a hard time about it and I slowly started having doubts. I love it but I wasn't IN love with it like I was with the boy name. So we figured out a new girl name last night. Can't wait to find out what we are having!!

For a boy we are going with Miles Jacob. For a girl we are going with Scarlet Rose. I'm not sure if I will put it out there on facebook quite yet when we find out what we are having. I would like to put it out there, but I feel like making everyone else wait it out lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->