August 2014 rainbows - anyone else?

The same thing happened to me we have been ttc for over a year I had a mc in august and i'm expecting now i am so grateful. But from 4 weeks I was in soo much pain i was sure it was ectopic but the US showed us nothing. im 15 weeks still in soo much pain. been in bed for all this time. they tell me some women get pain as in stretching pains. I am not convinced as medically nothing really stretches in the first weeks. It feels like i had my period for three months. My husbands friend said his friend apparently had braxton hicks contractions throughout the whole first trimester as well till the end of the pregnancy. But the baby was healthy and fine.

Recently i just felt the first stirrings of little moonmoon and to me that makes up for everything I have been through. I am wishing you the best of luck <3

Welcome Katy (due date buddy!!) and Selene! Selene I'm guessing you're due around August 5th? I will add you to the front page!

Glad your scan went well! I updated you as well on the front page.

13 weeks tomorrow and I can't believe it! I love having my doppler and listening in on the little one! It's great and I'm glad I bought it. Still have MS so I'm praying it goes away SOON! Hope the rest of you are doing well :hugs:

Welcome Katy (due date buddy!!) and Selene! Selene I'm guessing you're due around August 5th? I will add you to the front page!

Glad your scan went well! I updated you as well on the front page.

13 weeks tomorrow and I can't believe it! I love having my doppler and listening in on the little one! It's great and I'm glad I bought it. Still have MS so I'm praying it goes away SOON! Hope the rest of you are doing well :hugs:

Mel at first i was told my due date is 6 Aug and then after my 12 week scan she told me im actually 13w and the baby is due on the 30th of July. I know most babies dont always come home on their due date. Mom said not one of the three of us arrived on our due date. I am very flexible and open to whenever little moonmoon wants to come home. Personally i really wish that LO comes home between 18-27th july :mail:

Welcome Katy and Selene! :)

I don't know if I ever updated on my appointment last week! LOL! Classic preggo-brain moment right there, I guess.

Anyway, it was last Wednesday, when I turned 12 weeks. The nurse attempted the doppler, and tried and tried, with no luck in finding a heartbeat. I wasn't surprised, as I couldn't find it at home with my own doppler either...and I was sent in for an ultrasound. Well, baby is fine, and measuring right on at 12 weeks, with a heartbeat of 158 bpm this time. Apparently the little gipper is positioned in such a way that finding the heartbeat right now with a doppler is difficult, if not impossible. Perhaps I have an anterior placenta? I don't know. But, all was well. Oh! And I took the MaterniT21 Plus screening last Wednesday also, so I'll be finding out if baby is looking chromosomally normal, and whether it's a boy or girl. I may know by the end of this week, possibly into next week...impatiently waiting for those results!!!

Wookie glad your scan went well! I would have been so nervous! With my first pregnancy we went in and couldn't hear a heartbeat and that's when I has the ultrasound to confirm I had a MMC :( your baby was just being silly looks like! :) can't wait to find out what you're having! I didn't do any the testing so probably at the end of march we will have our gender ultrasound.

Selene I will update the first page when I get on the computer tonight at work! You're more than welcome to be with us! Who knows baby might not come til Aug 1st! Lol

Glad everyone is doing well and babies are showing off their heartbeats at the scans! All such a worrying time!

I'm 13 weeks today too. Woohoo! It's great to reach this milestone! As well as my regular scan last week, I also went for a private scan. He looked very closely for abnormalities and was very thorough. All looks great and he predicted the sex. He said it was difficult to tell completely as my womb is tilted but he thinks theres a 70-80% chance it's a girl! So exciting!

Welcome new ladies :)

Wookie, glad to hear everything went well. Unfortunaly I too had the same experience as Mel28 when the doppler didnt pick up a HB the last time I was pregoo. It makes me very happy to hear stories like yours :)

Ladies, can they can tell the gender during the MaterniT21? Its only a scan and BW right?? I mean how can they tell? Also has everyone passed the week that they mc'd the last time. I had a mmc at 9 weeks so when I went in for my 10 week scan and everything looked great it was like a breath of fresh air...wonderign if its the same for you other ladies :)

Welcome new ladies :)

Wookie, glad to hear everything went well. Unfortunaly I too had the same experience as Mel28 when the doppler didnt pick up a HB the last time I was pregoo. It makes me very happy to hear stories like yours :)

Ladies, can they can tell the gender during the MaterniT21? Its only a scan and BW right?? I mean how can they tell? Also has everyone passed the week that they mc'd the last time. I had a mmc at 9 weeks so when I went in for my 10 week scan and everything looked great it was like a breath of fresh air...wonderign if its the same for you other ladies :)

They can tell you the gender with your MaterniT21 results. No scan, it's just a simple blood test, and the sample is sent directly to the Sequenom Laboratory either in California or North Carolina. You have to meet certain requirements to take it, such as advanced maternal age (which means you are 35 or older, which I am), among other criteria. The NT (Nuchal Translucency) scan and blood test is another screening tool, but it is far less accurate than the MaterniT21 in detecting Trisomy 21 (Down's), among other chromosomal abnormalities...it also will not reveal the gender. Hope that helps a bit!

Krystina I didn't have that testing done so I wish I could help you out! The baby for me stopped at 8 last time so I am WELL passed that stage so I'm so excited!! I was SO nervous going in for my last appointment at 10+6 because I knew they were gonna listen to the heartbeat and I was so scared of last time. But she found it within 5 minutes! Of course I have my doppler too and I find it within a couple minutes. I had a REALLY nice recording of it from Saturday that I posted on my journal. It's such a beautiful sound I love it!

You can get a blood test done through other labs to determine gender, too. :) The place I'm using is $150 and you just have to be at least 10 weeks. Our sample collection kit is on the way- I'm so excited! (And this place uses a full sample of blood, not a finger prick, so it's more accurate.)

Krystina, I don't know how the other test works. But this blood test tests for the male chromosome. If it's present, it's a boy. If it's absent, it's a girl.

Thanks for the info ladies. Apparenlty, I am getting a NT screen, (Nuchal Translucency). Its just BW & a scan to look for down syndrome and two other chromosomal disoreders (Trisomy 13 & 18). I just am excited about seeing my lil gummie again!!

Last question, any of you ladies getting pincking feelings you your bellies? Like a quick pinch?

I was going to say the same thing!

Things are going good other than being sent to the ER two days ago for being dehydrated! That was super scary and I definitely don't want that to happen again! I had a massive headache and kept vomiting. Ugh! But all is well now and baby is fine. My next appointment is Monday and I'll be scheduling my ultrasound so I can't wait!

How is everyone else?

mel28nicole sorry about your ER scare! I amglad everything is ok with you and bub. I hear its easy to get dehydrated while preggo...I have to force myself to drink enough fluids :wacko:

AFM, everything is good! We had our NT scan and the baby looked wonderful he (we are claiming a boy) was just moving around. :cloud9:

Is someone going to move this thread to the second trimester forum?? A lot of us will be/ have hit the second trimester soon :happydance:

Attachments

• 12 weeks.jpg
    12 weeks.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 0
We talked a while ago about not moving the thread since this isn't in any trimester forums, but rather in the PAL forum. No reason to move it.

Everything's going well here. I'm feeling better, which is great since we accepted a job offer (for hubby) last week and have to do a 1,000 mile move next month. Needless to say, it's been a bit chaotic trying to get this going.

Krystina what a beautiful scan pic!

Biblio that sucks with the move but at least it would be a better job!!

I thought I was giving myself enough fluids. Apparently Powerade is a no no lol. Been drinking a lot of water ever since and I feel like I'm going to the bathroom every hour! Also, when I lay down at night, I think I'm feeling some flutters and twinges. Not kicks, but definitely something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->