August 2017

Oh wow!! We got married very young, I was only 19. And I had my first at 23. So we've had all our kids really close. He has lofty dreams to travel the world someday so that's that. Haha.

Lately I've been feeling ok during the day, but in the evenings my ms seems to kick in and the food aversions/nausea really hit hard.

LOL I had lofty dreams of international travel as well. DH, on the other hand, is happy to stay within the bounds of the US. Well, he said Canada was a possiblity.

I met DH when I was 21, we married when I was 23, had my first at 25. He is 2 years younger than me, so he was 21 when we got married and 23 when our first was born.

Well, so much for the 'early scan to date you'! To me that would suggest a scan close to when I found out I was pregnant (22nd of December), not the start of Feb! Midwife is trying to find a time frame where I'll be far enough for the NT, but hopefully not too far. She picked the 2nd of Feb, which may just work.

Then I got a text yesterday to let me know that the sonographers are no longer doing NT scans on Thursdays, so we'd need to rebook. Either the 7th of Feb, or the 31st of Jan. She did mention that Jan (a whole 2 days earlier than the booked scan) may be too early for the NT scan still. Unfortunately (fortunately?) I can't do the 7th, so my scan is now in a week and a half. I'm looking forward to finally knowing how far along I am. I could be just gone 8 weeks by then, or I could be just gone 14 weeks... or of course anywhere inbetween! I *think* I'll probably be around 10 weeks by then, but that's a complete guess.

So now the big questions are..
1. Is baby alive?
2. Am I far enough for the NT, or will we need to book another scan?

Still no luck with the doppler, which tbh is to be expected.

Wow got a surprise scan today! Appointment went well, the usual pee in the cup and what not. Then he wanted to try the doppler, which I was surprised as it was early (they didn't try until 16 weeks in my last pregnancy I think), and couldn't find the heartbeat. So I got a quick scan!

Pics are in my journal, if you want to see them.

It was nice. Then I went out and tried some early maternity pants (the kind with elastic panels where the pockets go, etc) and they just didn't look right. Everything just made me look fat not pregnant, but I'm getting tired of the belly band, it shifts around ALL the time. Some yoga pants still work, but some keep riding down because my belly pushes the waist down. I'm at an awkward phase, regular pants aren't working but I don't feel ready for maternity yet.

Is baby alive? That is my biggest question right now! I still can't find anything with the Doppler, and my nausea and food aversions seem to have subsided a little this week. I'm still really tired all the time, but the fullness In my lower abdomen that I had when I first found out is gone, and my bloat even seems to be subsiding.

My appointment is Monday. I have to go alone, and I am praying everything is fine.

I've been wearing an elastic on my pants to hold them closed, since the bloat made them too uncomfortable to wear. I pulled out all my maternity clothes but can't bring myself to wear them.

Is baby alive? That is my biggest question right now! I still can't find anything with the Doppler, and my nausea and food aversions seem to have subsided a little this week. I'm still really tired all the time, but the fullness In my lower abdomen that I had when I first found out is gone, and my bloat even seems to be subsiding.

My appointment is Monday. I have to go alone, and I am praying everything is fine.

My doctor (who I'm sure has a lot of experience with dopplers) tried to find the HB today on me and couldn't, and I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow. 8 weeks is early!

My bloat went away around 8-9 weeks too. I think the placenta starts kicking in around 9 weeks and makes a lot of the symptoms subside.

Thanks misspriss. I'm such a wreck. Im going to Disneyland next week, and if everything goes well on Monday, I plan on telling g my family about the pregnancy then.

So exciting you got to have a scan! I love love love seeing the tiny baby. It makes everything so much more real.

Thanks misspriss. I'm such a wreck. Im going to Disneyland next week, and if everything goes well on Monday, I plan on telling g my family about the pregnancy then.

How exciting! I still have not really told a lot of people!

Yeah no one knows... I have a work friend who knew we were trying and every time she asks I tell her we are just taking things a day at a time and not worrying too much about it. I'm so jealous of your scan! Did you get to hear the hb ?

Luz - I went to Disneyland (CA) at 8 weeks when I was pregnant with DD. We found out about this one (a completely welcome surprise as we needed 2 rounds of IVF to conceive the first time and went through all of our remaining normal genetically tested embryos trying to get pregnant with #2 -- we almost gave up on the idea of having another) they night we got home from our last trip down there. Hang in there - your scan will be here before you know it, and I'm sure it will be great. :hugs: Have fun at DL!

We did the MaterniT21 blood test last Monday, and I just got the results back. The results were negative and indicate that we are expecting another girl! :kiss:

Yeah no one knows... I have a work friend who knew we were trying and every time she asks I tell her we are just taking things a day at a time and not worrying too much about it. I'm so jealous of your scan! Did you get to hear the hb ?

Yes, from the scan. It was 164, or 167. Oh crap, I can't remember! But in the healthy range.

It was just me and DH who knew for a while, and then I told my sister. He told his work friends at like less than 4 weeks! But I took him out to lunch and told him, and we signed on the closing of our house, and someone backed into our parked car...he just had a lot to talk about I think.

Disney congrats on your girl!!

Luz hf at DL! And I get the timeline thing. I honestly don't want to be passed a certain age and have kids in college. My mom had me fairly young (my age now), and I love our relationship. BUT my stepdad is like nearing 70 if he hasn't passed it already and my brothers JUST went to college. He LOVES it. Makes him feel young at heart lol.

Happy hope the supplements do the trick and you have a good scan on Friday!

Speaking of hbs... I haven't HEARD the hb since my 6w scan. It's been measured twice since, but no sound. I was a bit disappointed but I didn't ask because I didn't want to be annoying lol.

Good luck today happy! (Pretty sure it was your follow up today). Congratulations to all those having scans, mine is Tuesday and it has felt a long time!! Should be 12 weeks so we shall see.
I'm feeling ok touch wood. More moody than anything and the worst cold I've had in a few years has distracted me from any pregnancy symptoms. Round ligament pain is happening, i get it really strong in an evening but then not for another few days then it happens again, it feels like I can feel my stomach literally growing on those days.

That's amazing you've had the maternit21 and know your baby's gender!! Congratulations on your little girl :):):)

Just on age, I'm 29 so pretty similar :) I wasn't planning a 3rd but now we are I almost want 4 :') my oh says nooooooo to that even though he was the one who wanted number 3!

Oh my god congrats on your girl!! That's so cool that you can find out now!! I wish we had the spare cash to allow for that sort of thing!!

Awww Misspriss, just checked the cheeky scan photos you put up and baby is so cute <3 What a lovely surprise! Though I imagine a slightly tense few minutes leading up to it.

Disneyfan, congrats on having a little girl! Plenty of time ahead to prepare for girly stuff now =D

I managed to find babys heartbeat on my doppler today. Found it for just a few seconds this afternoon, and it was soooo clear it actually made me wonder if maybe I was wrong. Found it twice more this evening though, just as clear and it's DEFINITELY babys heartbeat. Husband got to hear it too, and it makes everything feel so much more real. Can't wait to get dated on my scan now =D

-Edit-
Gone back through my posts, I would have been 8+2 (assuming my due date doesn't change at the next scan).

Awww Misspriss, just checked the cheeky scan photos you put up and baby is so cute <3 What a lovely surprise! Though I imagine a slightly tense few minutes leading up to it.

Disneyfan, congrats on having a little girl! Plenty of time ahead to prepare for girly stuff now =D

I managed to find babys heartbeat on my doppler today. Found it for just a few seconds this afternoon, and it was soooo clear it actually made me wonder if maybe I was wrong. Found it twice more this evening though, just as clear and it's DEFINITELY babys heartbeat. Husband got to hear it too, and it makes everything feel so much more real. Can't wait to get dated on my scan now =D
That's so exciting!! How far along are you? I'm trying again tonight with my Doppler. Hope I find something

I'm really not sure luz, somewhere between 7 and 13 weeks (pcos with very irregular cycles). Going by the strength of the line on my tests when I first found out, compared to the ones with my previous pregnancies I *think* I'm somewhere between 8 & 9 weeks. I've got a scan on the 31st to date me more accurately =)

This is my 5th pregnancy (and 4th child) though, which is probably why it was easier to find this time around. I've been checking daily for about 3 weeks now, and today was the first time I found something. My bump / fat has gotten a lot bigger today as well, and my hormones have been driving me mad over the last few days. Think there was definitely a growth spurt there.

With my first I found a hb at 12 weeks (when I got my doppler), with my 2nd it was 10+6 (tried it earlier but without luck), and my 3rd was 8+5. It does seem to have gotten easier for me with following pregnancies.

Honestly though, don't fret! 9 Weeks is so very very very early. I'll help you hope though =)

Hey guys, you can officially remove me from the front. My baby's perfect little heart stopped beating.

Oh sweetie, I am so so sorry to hear this. Sending you lots of love. I know firsthand how hard that is. Hang in there...

Hello Ladies! Didn't see an August 2017 thread, so here it is!

I just found out I'm due August 4th, 2017. Granted I was induced a wee bit early with DD and DS was born waaaay early, so I might not make it August!

Any more August mommies out there?

AUGUST

4th
misspriss

5th
Disneyfan88
craquinette

8th
Miskas mommy
spencerspiece

9th
British Mummy

12th
OhHappyZ

13th
Emiloo
sugarpuff
Rousseau31
jasminemarie

14th
CountryBride
xAmberLFCx

16th
nixm

18th
ARuppe716
April12016
CrowBaby
Moet

21st
cnsweeney

22nd
tntrying22

23rd
kittykat7210

24th
Letsgo

25th
jessthemess
luz

28th
gemmy

29th
megan3456

To be Determined by Scan
skyraaa

Hey! I just found out today that my due date is August 30! Can I join the thread with you gals?

I'm really not sure luz, somewhere between 7 and 13 weeks (pcos with very irregular cycles). Going by the strength of the line on my tests when I first found out, compared to the ones with my previous pregnancies I *think* I'm somewhere between 8 & 9 weeks. I've got a scan on the 31st to date me more accurately =)

This is my 5th pregnancy (and 4th child) though, which is probably why it was easier to find this time around. I've been checking daily for about 3 weeks now, and today was the first time I found something. My bump / fat has gotten a lot bigger today as well, and my hormones have been driving me mad over the last few days. Think there was definitely a growth spurt there.

With my first I found a hb at 12 weeks (when I got my doppler), with my 2nd it was 10+6 (tried it earlier but without luck), and my 3rd was 8+5. It does seem to have gotten easier for me with following pregnancies.

Honestly though, don't fret! 9 Weeks is so very very very early. I'll help you hope though =)
This is my 4th pregnancy. I'm pretty sure I found my last baby around 8-9 weeks so I'm freaking out I haven't found it yet. I do have a tilted uterus though, so perhaps this baby is in the back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->