• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

August 2017

Oh miss priss :( you really are sounding like me now! It's so heartbreaking because you do get so excited then it just stops and it's the worst! I really hope it's not long for either of us now :hugs:

Oh miss priss :( you really are sounding like me now! It's so heartbreaking because you do get so excited then it just stops and it's the worst! I really hope it's not long for either of us now :hugs:

I know! I thought being 40+3 for sure it was the real thing, surely my body wouldn't pull this stuff overdue....but nope.

They just like to tease us, but it's not fun, I've heard cleaning is supposed to help so I'm scrubbing my floors right now :rofl:

Dang misspriss! So suspenseful! I was really hoping that was it for you!

NST this morning sucked. Baby is not a morning person, would not move no matter how many cold drinks they gave me. Stressed ME out, not like I can make him move...

Today has been a really hard day. Apparently all those contractions did nothing to further my dilation or effacement.

This brings back a lot of painful memories from DD's induction, when I'd been on pitocin contractions as long as I could bear and they checked me and nothing had changed :cry:

The NST was definitely stressful for me, they kept acting like I could do something different to get him to move. By the end, I had to pee so bad I could hardly walk from all the fluids they kept having me drink, my nose was runny and congested from lying down, and my eyes were watering from my nose being stuffy. I couldn't even reach the tissues which were just out of reach, and everyone just left me there and no one was there to hand me a tissue. My BP was borderline, as usual. The doctor took forever to get to me, my appointments were at 9:00 and 9:20, I was stuck on the NST for close to an hour, then probably waited for the doctor for 20+ minutes. I was late getting my mid-morning snack (for my GD management, not just that I feel I'm entitled to a snack) because I never dreamed it would take so long.

Then getting checked and finding nothing had changed, it was hard. Had lunch with DH where I cried half the time, I'm feeling so down today. Then I went and bought cold medicine for my nose (which has helped some, granted) and went and picked up the kids. To which my son told me, when I put him in the car, that he was "working on a plan so he didn't have to live with me" (meaning, he wants to live with MIL instead). I told him he hurt my feelings, and he immediately apologized. I know he's just a 4 year old, and whoever buys him the most toys wins right now, but my God it hit me so hard. :cry:

I'm just afraid my body will never have a regular labor and birth on it's own, I had so much trouble with my induction with DD at term, and now even trying to go into natural labor it doesn't seem like my body wants to do it either.

I know the hormones aren't helping, but I'm having a super emotional day.

Big hugs misspriss. I keep popping on to check for updates. Don't be too disheartened that nothing has changed yet. There's time. What's the plan going forward? How far over are you willing to go? I really hope you get to go into labour naturally.

Big hugs misspriss. I keep popping on to check for updates. Don't be too disheartened that nothing has changed yet. There's time. What's the plan going forward? How far over are you willing to go? I really hope you get to go into labour naturally.

Thursday BPP, next Tuesday my Dr will consider me 42 weeks (actually 41+4) and he will be worried if the baby hasn't come by then.

Big hugs. The hormones definitely do not help. For what it's worth I was 2.5, -2 station, and 75% effaced for 2.5 weeks no change despite tons of bh/start and stop labor. I was even checked three days before I had him and thought no way is this kid coming. Changed in a matter of hours. I'm hoping because you have so much start and stop that you will have a similar experience and avoid induction. I'm sorry you had such a stressful morning.

So A has become clingy. I can't do anything. I can't get water or cook or shower or nap/sleep. He just wants to be held and when I set him down as soon as he realizes he's down I can maybe get ten minutes of pumping in. We were a week A WEEK formula/water free other than then the powder I add to my milk. But now I only have time to get an oz or 1.5 so I'm having to supplement not just fortify. I haven't slept in my bed in two days, and I miss SO/my bed. I'm exhausted. More power to people who can nap holding their kids or having them in a sling but I can't. Every time I close my eyes I see a flurry of SIDS articles or suffocation articles. He's so needy today I haven't even had a minute to brush my teeth between tending to him/pumping. I just keep telling myself it gets better. But a voice in my head says yeah but it gets worse before it gets better.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Today isn't much better, as I've woken up with a full blown cold. I'm quite miserable and I'm just looking to make it through the day.

I decided to go to a pool party last night with a mom's group I've been considering joining and it did not go too well. First thing I was chastised by a anesthesia nurse (who hasn't had kids, just adopted, not that there is anything off with that just goes to experience) who was super upset that my doctor was "letting" me to go 42 weeks and how dangerous that was, because she works in anesthesia she knows. I think her heart was in the right place but it felt rude when you first meet someone, I mean I was only 4 days overdue yesterday. Geez. To top it all off, she contacted me on facebook today! *sigh* Hormones are making me angry but I don't think she meant harm.

Then I later heard the group leader talking about me (and perhaps some other people) in a rude way behind my back (our backs?). They recently decided to change the group from meeting in the mornings (good for SAHMs and part time moms) to 6:30-8:30 at night (to include working moms). I voiced my opinion that as a group for moms of PRESCHOOLERS that an 8:30 end time was really late, especially since some people have up to a half hour drive to get home after. My kids go to bed 7:30, I wouldn't be home until 9, let alone have them in bed by then, so it makes it where I could not come. I was the only one publicly voicing my opinion about the change, but apparently the group owner thought that complaining about the lateness was "stupid" and "who cares about them" (I'm guessing her friends are the working moms?). I literally heard them talking about this not 5 feet from me, so it was hurtful.

I don't think it's a group I want to keep associating with.

Having random contractions last night and today, but nothing with consistency.

My MIL has had the kids a lot, so I'm not going to bother her, but I'm miserable and I wish I had some help today. All I want to do is lie down and/or have a shower.

Oh, and every time I cough or blow my nose, I pee a little. Fun stuff.

Wow so sorry misspriss! Some people are just rude! I definitely wouldn't want to associate with someone like her. Who needs that kind of negativity in their life? Sorry the contractions aren't going anywhere. Hope they pick up soon!

Wow so sorry misspriss! Some people are just rude! I definitely wouldn't want to associate with someone like her. Who needs that kind of negativity in their life? Sorry the contractions aren't going anywhere. Hope they pick up soon!

Yeah, funny thing is she is a pastor's wife too (the group leader, not the anesthesia nurse, I think the anesthesia nurse just has kind of a tact problem, her heart was in the right place). I don't know the church but I assume it's a quite progressive, non-denominational type.

:(. Yeah that group is not cool. Sorry. I thought about going to my hospital's group just because they have a scale lol but an hour and half?! No thanks. But I will say it does bother me all the mom groups or support groups are mid morning. Sure I can go while I'm on maternity leave and that's likely when you most need support, but I know plenty of mom's who go back early because you need two incomes in this area. So I know I get a little offended at the assumption mom's are free in the morning because it implies outdated gender roles (in my area) and assumes moms are not working/ leaves working moms without support. So they might just be bitter/like you said she wants to accomadate certain people she likes. I hope their is a different group nearby that is more in tune with your needs and less juvenile.

People always feel like they get to comment on every aspect on motherhood. Try not to let them get you down. Just thanks no thanks them.

:(. Yeah that group is not cool. Sorry. I thought about going to my hospital's group just because they have a scale lol but an hour and half?! No thanks. But I will say it does bother me all the mom groups or support groups are mid morning. Sure I can go while I'm on maternity leave and that's likely when you most need support, but I know plenty of mom's who go back early because you need two incomes in this area. So I know I get a little offended at the assumption mom's are free in the morning because it implies outdated gender roles (in my area) and assumes moms are not working/ leaves working moms without support. So they might just be bitter/like you said she wants to accomadate certain people she likes. I hope their is a different group nearby that is more in tune with your needs and less juvenile.

People always feel like they get to comment on every aspect on motherhood. Try not to let them get you down. Just thanks no thanks them.

The mom's group at the hospital is actually nice, but not always so well attended. This is a MOPS group (mothers of preschoolers). There are others in the area I may look in to.

Oooo interesting it's specifically for mom's of preschoolers. I agree then that seems odd to have it so late! I would want to be home doing bed time routines as well =\

Yeah no mom group for me I fell back asleep lol

Well having contractions again today, irregular but some more intense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->