• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

August 2017

I made the super RLT again (the Labor Day Tea) and this time put a stevia sweetened lemonade mix packet in it, and it's definitely drinkable this time! We'll see if it works.

Oooo nice! Fxed!

Yeah pumping is so inconvenient but whatever my little man needs

Tomorrow being my due date, I may get out the pump and do some nipple stimulation, you never know. It didn't work last time, but hey.

Also, tomorrow will be the most pregnant I've ever been, as DD was born at 39+6 (which I am today) and unless I just have a super fast labor that starts in a few minutes, I'll make it to 40w this time!

Still just having the odd BH, nothing with regularity, although I might be having more than I have been, it seems like it, that and the mild back pain....we'll see.

I say give it a go you never know. Anytime someone mentions nipple stimulating for labor I picture Chris rock from wte yelling tweak the nipples lol

Due today! DH woke me up by DTD! Awesome way to start the day, I must say :haha:

Been having mild contractions off and on all day, first day I have felt they are actually coming with some degree of regularity, but still very far apart and very mild. I'm now bouncing on the ball again, trying to get it moving along.

Congrats on both making it to your due date AND still having a sex drive, I'm super jealous. SO and I haven't even really done it at all since I've gotten pregnant. Tried, but either things got in the way or it was too painful. My sex drive dwindled and I gave up :haha:
Here's hoping today's the day for you!

Well nothing much has happened since this afternoon, the contractions have pretty much gone.

I'm frustrated :haha: thought it might keep going!

Dang misspriss I was hoping you'd went into labor today! Awesome on the DTD though! Lol! I'm jealous!

Misspriss, my midwife and LC have me expressing colostrum for after he's born. I was 'allowed' to start at 36 weeks. I've been doing it for a few days now. They told me it can cause contractions but not unless your body is ready to go into labour and you'll produce more oxytocin by kissing and 4 times as much by having an orgasm.

Anyway, I'm having a lot of success with expressing. My midwife said she'd like me to have 30mls of colostrum frozen before I go into labour. And as of lunchtime Saturday, 2 and a half days, I have 21mls in the freezer!! She said to keep going and freeze as much as I can.

So if you're going to do some nipple stimulation you might also be able to express some colostrum.

Misspriss, my midwife and LC have me expressing colostrum for after he's born. I was 'allowed' to start at 36 weeks. I've been doing it for a few days now. They told me it can cause contractions but not unless your body is ready to go into labour and you'll produce more oxytocin by kissing and 4 times as much by having an orgasm.

Anyway, I'm having a lot of success with expressing. My midwife said she'd like me to have 30mls of colostrum frozen before I go into labour. And as of lunchtime Saturday, 2 and a half days, I have 21mls in the freezer!! She said to keep going and freeze as much as I can.

So if you're going to do some nipple stimulation you might also be able to express some colostrum.

I have expressed some colostrum, but nowhere near 30mL, probably around 10-12mL. I could produce more if I tried, it takes me no time at all to squeeze out a mL (although more in one sitting seems to require more effort). I'm still nursing DD though, so my nipples get stimulated a LOT. I usually get BH when she nurses but they never go anywhere, why would nipple stimulation be any different? That is why they said it didn't work for me last time, as I'd been nursing DS through pregnancy.

Yeah it's probably just the same process if you're still BFing. Does your DD mind the colostrum? I've heard lots of babies self wean when that comes in because they don't like it. I've got 21mls frozen now.

Yeah it's probably just the same process if you're still BFing. Does your DD mind the colostrum? I've heard lots of babies self wean when that comes in because they don't like it. I've got 21mls frozen now.

She still loves nursing. It has been colostrum since around 20-24 weeks. She is more addicted to it than DS was when she was born, because I was not a SAHM when I was pregnant with her. He was down to wake up nursing, nap time (one nap) and bedtime. I had even night weaned him completely, despite cosleeping. She is mostly nightweaned but still wakes for it, she nurses waking, midmorning, nap, midafternoon, sometimes bedtime, etc.

I remember the look on DS face when my mature milk came in for DD, he just kind of froze with the nipple in his mouth and quit sucking but did not take his mouth off, took him about a day to decide he was all in and nursed for nearly 2 more years along aide her.

Well, not many contractions all day, a few here and there. Did a lot of cleaning the house, vacuuming, mopping, etc. Hoped it would bring some on but nope.

Went to the in-laws for a bit, then they took us out to eat. I went ahead and took over the kids bags (that is where they are going when I go in labor) so if I go into labor while we are out and about or end up having to go to the hospital with the kids and they pick them up there, we won't have to worry about swinging by the house to pick up their bags.

This evening, I've been having contractions, but they are still painless, but are coming a little more regular. I'm going to go to bed soon, and if they pick up in intensity tonight may be the night. Or they might fizzle out and I just get to sleep. Either way I'm going to get some sleep before anything major happens, or at least that is the plan. I am pretty confident that if I get closer to baby coming, they will discontinue being so painless, you know? I hope anyway. Otherwise I might have a baby in the bathroom or something, given my only experience is with pitocin contractions and I have a pretty high pain tolerance :haha: (I pierced my own nipple in the bathroom when I was 17! and did a hole in one ear, and my navel. I also had the other nipple professionally done as well as one in the downstairs)

Baby's still moving around good and strong in there too.

lol just be careful my cousin had her baby at home because she expected her contractions to be more painful (hiiiiigh pain tolerance) and so his head is all mildly deformed because her mom didn't catch him and he fell on the floor. Or something idk I don't listen to her when she talks lol

Misspriss be careful! My contractions weren't very intense, just in a pattern that got closer together. They didn't get intense until they broke my water. Good luck! I'll try to check in for updates!

Well, besides being 5 am and I can"t sleel, nothing much going on. Diarrhea before bed though, always a good sign. Maybe I will start having contractions again when I am up and moving around.

I have had difficulty falling asleep most of pregnancy, but never had any problems going back to sleep after peeing, until today. I also feel, unfortunately, like I may be catching a cold. Sore throat and nasal congestion, although it could also be from all the dust we stirred up cleaning earlier yesterday, as that makes DH's allergies flare.

Mine weren't either. They were irregular and dull. Then as soon as my waters broke they ramped up and by the time I'd rang the hospital and informed them I was GBS+ and got over there I was ready to push! Hope it's soon for you, I think it will be!

Well I was thinking my contractions were 10-12 minutes apart, so DH said I should try timing them for a little bit. He estimated 7 minutes.

Turns out, I'm a bit in denial or I'm really bad at timing things. They have been coming every 5 minutes, and range from 40 seconds to a minute twenty seconds. That fits the 5-1 rule, right? I'm going to time them for a bit more because they are so mild I almost don't notice I'm having them to time them, but I can feel my belly is good and tight.

Since I'm GBS+ and a VBAC, they'd prefer if I didn't linger. But I don't want to arrange childcare, get the kids shipped off, etc - and then be sent home, although we'd probably spend the day walking and DTD to try and get things going or something.

Well soon as I've posted that they've become further spaced, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->