August 2017

Having a bit of a rough day. Found out my grandmother is in the ICU today, sepsis from a possible UTI. She is 91 and her health has been deteriorating for years since she had a bad stroke probably 15 years ago. We have known that just about any infection at this point might be the last.

Anyway my dad called, they have made the decision to not treat the sepsis and to make her comfortable until she passes. Everyone is going to go visit her one last time, I really hate to not be able to go but I'm afraid the ICU is no place for a 2 day old baby or a woman recovering from birth. I feel terrible, although she hasn't recognized me in probably over a year. I will pray for her and my family, it is about all I can do.

Also today is mine and DH's 6th wedding anniversary, I didn't even realize it until I saw the date on TV. Been busy lately I suppose.

So sorry about your grandma. Happy anniversary though! Enjoy your sweet boy!

He has his first doctor check tomorrow! I can't wait to see how his weight is going.

He nurses a TON but doesn't have a lot of wet diapers, I will bring it up to the doctor. He does a lot of poops though, maybe the liquid is just in the poops too? We'll see. DD had tons of wet diapers, less poops.

OMG wow. Just wow.

Been having a lot of discomfort in my 'roids today. Finally had the courage to look.:nope::shock::cry:

No wonder I'm in so much pain back there. I thought it might be the episiotomy. Nope, it's the 'roids. The 'roids are on 'roids right now.

Oh man sorry about the hemmies. Did you get a stool softener? Mine just started wearing off about a week ago and man I forgot I had a hemmy.

I'm so sorry about your grandmother :hugs:

Happy anniversary!

Do your diapers have a wetness indicator? Mine do and the poop is in the back but the pee is in the front, otherwise I would have no clue some diapers had pee and poo. But my guy has a wet diaper literally every time I pick him up and he pees while nursing (in the freshly changed diaper) and he pees on me while changing his diaper. This kid pees all effing day. We've seriously gone through... almost 200 diapers since we left the hospital and that's with me not changing wet diapers at night. He goes from 10:30 to 4am then 4am to 8am no changing. And he pees like a racehorse since he eats every two hours at night lol.

Jasmine happy due date! Agreed it drags but soon!!!

Afm tired af so there's that lol

Yeah, I'm having a really hard time. Realizing my firstborns birthday is also a month away and I've done nothing to plan anything was a big "Oh shit!" Moment. Add that to the pile of stress and the crappiness I've been feeling.
It sucks because I'm not even excited anymore it's like i just want him to come already so I can move on with the next crisis and not be completely exhausted and.unable to do anything.
But I'm sure itll come back once hes coming or he's here.

Oh man sorry about the hemmies. Did you get a stool softener? Mine just started wearing off about a week ago and man I forgot I had a hemmy.

I'm so sorry about your grandmother :hugs:

Happy anniversary!

Do your diapers have a wetness indicator? Mine do and the poop is in the back but the pee is in the front, otherwise I would have no clue some diapers had pee and poo. But my guy has a wet diaper literally every time I pick him up and he pees while nursing (in the freshly changed diaper) and he pees on me while changing his diaper. This kid pees all effing day. We've seriously gone through... almost 200 diapers since we left the hospital and that's with me not changing wet diapers at night. He goes from 10:30 to 4am then 4am to 8am no changing. And he pees like a racehorse since he eats every two hours at night lol.

Jasmine happy due date! Agreed it drags but soon!!!

Afm tired af so there's that lol

I can't wait to forget about these hemmies I have way more than one. Only one seems to be swollen and have a clot right now, maybe two, but I am hoping they go down soon. I have been taking stool softeners daily since the hospital. Miralax as well as soon as I got home. I drink tons of water and I've had at least one dr pepper a day since I had the baby (which usually helps things). I may try coffee tomorrow morning.

I also do not have the sensation that I need to pee, I just don't feel it. It's quite common after given birth I think to temporarily lose the sensation. Anyway I just try and remember to go, if you don't you start to get crampy eventually from the full bladder, but emptying the bladder fixes it. It should resolve shortly.

Took LO to the doctor today by myself, my MIL offered but I thought I'd be okay myself. I should have taken her offer up, I just didn't want to hang out with her really and I know she has needed a break since having the older kids for days. I forgot the baby carrier and carrying my diaper bag, the baby, and the car seat was too much for me to carry. I had to stay off my narcotic pain relievers to be able to drive, and I thought I'd be fine - but apparently pain level at home vs pain level outside the home is different. I just overdid it.

For some reason my third, natural labor and birth (not unmedicated though) has been the hardest on my body? I recovered, it feels like, much quicker from DD's birth, which was a difficult induction and vaginal birth. I'm in more pain and finding it harder to get back moving again, and we didn't even have the kids back until yesterday. I guess every labor and baby is different!

But yes, DS is getting enough milk. He went from 7lbs3oz at birth to 8lbs even at 3 days. I wonder if he was almost undernourished on the GD diet (me not gaining weight and all) and that is why he has gained so much so quickly. After all, he is getting it from my body still - my milk - but now I'm eating carbs. I've had an abundance of colostrum too, like my nurses thought I'd already gotten my milk in I had so much colostrum. But milk has come in TODAY! Real milk. Boobs have been engorged and painful.

It's been a hormonal day, I've cried a lot. All those hoooorrrmoooonnneeeess.

Jasmine don't feel guilty :(. You've got a whole month. Hugs. And 5! Wow! Love it. I had cake at Chuck E. Cheese and thought that was the s* lol 5 year olds are easy to please

Miss i think with lack of pee they worry more about dehydration than weight gain, but if he's not showing any other signs of dehydration he is probably peeing with the poo like you said. I wouldn't worry

Sorry about the pain. If it helps I always leave the diaper bag in the car and have to leave my son with the nurse/pediatrician to run out to get it lolol ok it happened twice but yeah. I was filling out forms and forgot my mom's name and my name for a minute hahaha. Definitely ask for help though no guilt they love it

He has peed a lot today, my milk just came in. Read the hospital discharge documents last night and it put my mind at ease. Like 2-3 wet diapers for 1-3 days old, while 5-6 expected 5-7 days old. For some reason I thought it was 5-6 expected what was worrying me, I just didn't realize 1-3 day old was different. Now my milk is in, he has had 5+ wet already today and theh have gone from deep yellow to completely clear, so it probably has to do with my milk coming in.

Oh and the doctor office pissed me off. I was in the waiting room with one other lady with a 1 month old. She, like me, had a fussy baby in her arms, an empty car seat, a diaper bag, and a clipboard of paperwork. The nurse called her baby's name, then with a smile scurried over and carried the lady's car seat and diaper bag for her, being sweet and chatty. While they were walking back, another nurse came and called my son's name. Mind you, I have the same amount of stuff, and an even younger baby (and more recently gave birth). No offer to help, just sits there and watches me struggle to pick it all up and carry it back. I take that back, she offered to carry the clipboard (only). Just pissed me off. I would not ask them for help. I would never have left my baby with them either, my purse, yes, but baby? Nope. It is a long way to the car, office on the second floor, large parking lot, etc.

YAY! Last night I finally got to go #2! All the miralax and colace in the world were totally worth it, definitely take those if you are given painkillers.

Yay for #2! Lol! Isn't it strange the things we celebrate as a mom?

Little man had his 1 month check-up today. He's 10lb 11oz and 22 1/4 in long! I can't get over how much he's grown! I'm still so smitten! I was telling DH yesterday that some days I can't remember a time in our lives before Jacob and other days it seems we just saw those 2 pink lines we had wished and tried for for so long.

Congrats BDD! Time does fly. I can't believe mine is a month on Monday!

Kryssy excellent news! I'm so glad you have your rainbow and he is growing so well. :)

Miss sorry for the pediatrics drama. :(. I agree that people seriously underestimate the power of a good poo. Everyone talks about showering as a new mom. I feel best in the toilet lololol. Glad things have improved with the pee now that your milk is in :)

Afm not much news. His weight gain slowed to half an oz a day. I'm still exhausted lol. Still in love.

Well, this week has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster. Those post partum hormones have me all weepy one minute and joyous the next, you know, the usual. I know it's hormones though in general I'm feeling great and in love with my baby.

He still seems so small for growing so fast! All my newborn cloth are really too wide for his little hips right now, which is odd I did not have the same problems with DD. He has switched to regular BF baby poop now, and tons of it. He almost had a blowout today, completely filled his newborn sized diaper. By weight, he is 8lbs and should be in size 1 really, but I still have to fold down newborn diapers, even lower than the notch, to keep them off his little umbilical cord stump. He's on the small size on his lower half.

The hemmies are getting smaller, but not any less painful. I think they are thrombosed really. They swelled up super bad, then went down (although still swollen up just not as big) and there are little hard knobs that hurt (I know, waaaaay TMI). I called the doctor's office finally, because the pain is not getting better. I have trouble sitting down to nurse the baby. I have a procedure every time I go #2 that involves a shower and sitz bath, not exactly short. I have lidocaine cream that helps with the pain, but I'm burning through the whole tube and it isn't seeming to get better, despite not straining on the toilet or doing anything that would cause it worsen (except sitting with the baby).

My boobs are so swollen and heavy I started having to wear an underwire bra because the weight was literally causing shortness of breath. Even then, it is still a lot of pressure on the band. I wish I had one with a longer line band to provide more support.

I'm still pregnant! Lol. Due tomorrow. My first was already on his way by now and I've got no signs with this one arriving anytime soon :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->