August 2017

Omg I was typing the message thinking...I wonder if anyone on here is in Australia because I'm assuming it's summer in August...wow. I love that we have mums from all over the world! My last two babies were born December and Feb in the UK and my dh couldn't sleep in the same room because I slept with the Windows open and it was freezing. I felt like I had pregnancy central heating! Long way off yet. Have a lovely scan misspriss :):) mine is Jan 24th. And to everyone else waiting, hope the time goes fast for you! Totally understand the nerves amber, I keep swinging from feeling so nervous to reassured that I feel sick then back to nerves.

Have a great day everyone xx

Hi AmberLFC that's great news. I have a little boy called Lucas too and the group I was in on b&b (for Feb 2015 babies) were so great right from conception through to waiting for induction! Let's hope we're all around in August complaining about being pregnant in summer lol (already dreading the heat!!) xxx

You must have been in the thread I was then! I was in the February 2015 thread for a little bit!

Welcome Miskas and congrats!!!

Misspriss, your scan is today isn't it? You must be super excited!! Mine is tomorrow, the wait is driving me insane!

Meanwhile summer is in full swing here, 41C today, I'm glad I'm not in my third tri! I feel for you ladies who will be giving birth in the middle of summer...

Mine is tomorrow as well. Mine is the day before yours, but you get to tomorrow the same time I am having today lol! I am nervous about it I can't sleep, so I am up on BnB. Like you are +some hours (depending on where you live), I am -6 hours, so about a half days difference. It is 11 pm on the 20th for me right now, it is already the 21st for you!

DD got her cast off today, so I am happy about that.

I didn't expect you to see this message late at night, I thought you would see it in the morning which is why I said today for your scan! :winkwink:
My time zone is +8 so yes, well into the 21st already. I am super nervous about my scan too. I told my partner and he doesn't understand why I'm so stressed about it... So he's not really supportive, just saying 'stop stressing!' I wish I could haha! I told him 'I can't control it, I'm a hormonal mess, I freak out for no reason and that's just how it is!'

LOL never underestimate insomnia! BnB is one of my go-to distraction techniques when I can't sleep. I am stressed because we will have to take the kids with us, it will be stressful.

So had everyone announced yet? If not, when do you plan on it? Do you have any plans to announce or just going to come out and say it?

I have not told anyone but DH, well actually we have told LOTS of "low value" (not that they are low value, but that they will not judge and if they did they wouldn't bother us) people. DH already told his office, I told my former coworker I ran into on black friday, a friend from church I ran into at the store (who has 7 kids!), etc. We both feel DH's parents will be less than thrilled, my dad (my mom passed away) probably won't care, my older sister is infertile and bitter about it, and my younger sister is all that is left of "close" family.

I will probably announce at Christmas, around the extended family, who I know will be supportive, and the unsupportive people can just keep their judgement to themselves and not ruin my moment...

We haven't told anyone yet. I am going to disneyland with my family in 4 weeks, so I will tell them all then so I'm not being called a wimp when I won't go on any of the rides! We plan on telling DH's family around valentines day. That's 12 weeks and when we feel comfortable announcing.

My round ligament pain is REAL today! I woke up in the middle of the night with the achy pains and have had them all morning. I don't remember them ever being this bad with previous pregnancies. Does anyone know if they hurt worse the more pregnancies you have? sort of like how a contracting uterus hurts worse the more kids you have? I also had a little nausea this morning which is never fun.

Lots of August babies :) xx
I've booked an appointment to see MW on the 12th Jan! I don't know when my scan will be until after I've seen her :( I'm tempted to pay and have an early scan lol

My scan is in 3 hours! I am soooo not ready!

I have laundry to do, dishes to wash, have to meet a friend before, I have to take both my kids, they both need to eat lunch (and me too!) in the mean time....

Sorry I've been missing a bit.

I got a scan Monday and they bumped my due date to August 20th. I'm so scared that my baby stopped growing, but they don't seem concerned.

Oooh hope it all goes great misspriss! Its 9pm here and I'm ready for bed zzzzzz xxx I'll look to see how you got on tomorrow morning. I had midwife to my house today and she says all my scans are now at my local Dr surgery. Amazing news for me!

I have only told a couple of people I needed to help me with a surprise and one because I suspected she was also keeping a secret (saw her ask after a crib on a buy sell trade site) and pretty sure we have the same due date LOL.

Will tell DH and my bestie Friday if I see her. Mom and her husband Saturday and then probably keep pretty quiet until 13 weeks :)

Jealous of all these scans! I have a long wait for mine - not til Jan 16th!!

Ugh tried the other code and ticker still not working :(

ETA - ah got a different one to work...wonder why the bump one wouldn't show?

How did you go misspriss? Hope all went well!
We haven't told anyone apart from my mum yet. We were planning to tell a couple of close friends last week end but there ended up being other friends that are not so close so we didn't say anything. If the scan goes well today we'll tell our friends on Christmas Day (we're having Christmas with friends this year as both our families are far). I'm not sure how to announce though! I sort of wanted a cute idea but can't really think of any.... we'll see!
It must be tough for you misspriss if your families aren't really supportive...
Hope everyone else is doing great!

Oooh hope it all goes great misspriss! Its 9pm here and I'm ready for bed zzzzzz xxx I'll look to see how you got on tomorrow morning. I had midwife to my house today and she says all my scans are now at my local Dr surgery. Amazing news for me!

How did you go misspriss? Hope all went well!
We haven't told anyone apart from my mum yet. We were planning to tell a couple of close friends last week end but there ended up being other friends that are not so close so we didn't say anything. If the scan goes well today we'll tell our friends on Christmas Day (we're having Christmas with friends this year as both our families are far). I'm not sure how to announce though! I sort of wanted a cute idea but can't really think of any.... we'll see!
It must be tough for you misspriss if your families aren't really supportive...
Hope everyone else is doing great!

Well my appointment went better than I could have ever expected, confirms my choice to switch OBs. I liked my OB from my last pregnancy, but her office was poorly run.

We had to take the kids with us, our appointment was at 3, I showed up a few minutes early but not much. We were out and to the parking lot by 4.

Baby measured SPOT ON for my due date (based on ovulation). They had me at 8/1 due date based on LMP, scan put me at 8/4 (what I calculated), so they switched me to 8/4 due date, which made me happy.

They did an abdominal scan, which is awesome I was hoping they'd try that and only do vaginal if they couldn't abdominal. Yes I just got to see a blurry blob on the screen, but we got CR measurement and got the heartbeat, it was 160. Did my urine sample, and then met doctor. Had a nice meeting, no PAP or pelvic exam (which I prefer), just talking and he was really awesome with my kids. Then they took blood all quick and efficient and we were on our way.

y3mIQOtAO8pfVIS1_Vq9kO8XJvtxekpvzeFxj9JaQDGEP9E6Xqset225g778tQT9xpyy_bjmhIkIohPg2hIT-wv2JNKyTUPnYGXxLNyizfKOz2CEAZIy9hHihhKp2C_yqb_PnHi8sWc96BD8EAVrd4TAMsryglJpLALKOoyokuaPd0

That's my tiny little baby!

Aw that's awesome misspriss!!
We are telling our families on Christmas, we wrapped everyone a box with 2 photos in it. One is a mossy oak camo onsie with a chalkboard that says daddys little hunting buddy arrives aug 8. Anniversary the other is a pic of our dogs with a whiteboard that says your present is on backorder arriving Aug 8.. our family's will be excited.

Super cute ideas Miskas!

Misspriss, awesome news! So happy for you that your scan went so well!

I just had mine, all good too. Based on LMP my due date was 30/07 but I suspected I ovulated late and thought it would be 04/08. They actually changed it to 05/08. Can you update the front page for me please?

Super cute ideas Miskas!

Misspriss, awesome news! So happy for you that your scan went so well!

I just had mine, all good too. Based on LMP my due date was 30/07 but I suspected I ovulated late and thought it would be 04/08. They actually changed it to 05/08. Can you update the front page for me please?

Got it!

So pleased for you misspriss!! When's the next scan? X

So pleased for you misspriss!! When's the next scan? X

18 to 20 weeks, or mid-march. I wrote a more detailed post about my visit in my journal if anyone is interested, the link is in my signature I welcome stalkers :D

Great news for all those who had scans:):).
My midwife came to the house and it's all seeming a bit more real. She estimated my due date as the 8th but I'm sure I'll change again when I eventually have a scan. Nice to see a picture too misspriss. I've found parenting particularly hard the last couple of days! Very tired and irritable right now. Sickness fine as long as I eat and drink all day long!

I had an appointment with my NP today. Haven't heard back from the midwives yet to see if they can take me on. Called and left another message today.

Had a pap and bled a bit after but it's turned to brown spotting now so not worried. Did vag swabs and serum HCG. Don't know if I'll be told the results of the hcg. Also not concerned tho my urine tests are starting to be darker than the reference line. Took my blood pressure and weight.

Somehow I lost 5lbs in a week? Guess it's a good problem to have...I'm eating lots and no nausea. Could have just been because it's a different scale?

Oh and I'm being sent for a dating scan sometime in the first week or so of Jan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->