August 2017

Hi there can I join? Looking to make some buddies, I'm due 28th August 2017 :)

Moet, sorry you had to deal with the spotting after, hope it has resolved. Cannot wait to hear about your scan!

gemmy, got you added!

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope you all have a fantastic festive season! ��������

Thank you craqinette! I've been hit with the nausea big time this week:( my own fault for saying all last week that my symptoms aren't that bad! All last week i thought it's another boy as it was just like my pregnancy with him. This week the pregnancy is just like it was with my daughter so who knows?!
Anyone else got any gender hunches?

Nausea has hit me quite bad, and my hcg is higher than with my first, I think it's a girl but I'm unsure if it's wishful thinking or not!!

This pregnancy is different than either of my past two. It seems more like mine with DS, but I think it is because I was about the same starting weight with both of them, where I weighed a bit less when I got pregnant with DD. The bloating, heartburn, indigestion, etc can be worse duue to that.

Welcome gemmy.
Misspriss I know I've been wondering how symptoms might be different but at the same time it's so difficult to compare because you already have a child/children in the world depending on you. It's a welcome distraction I suppose on one hand but obviously tiring too. Plus Christmas I've found to be tough on parents, definitely a tiring holiday!
Kittykat I felt symptom wise my second was a boy before I had my scan and part of it was hunch and i was right, so you never know you could be right. I know it's 50/50 but mother's intuition means a lot in my book. Put it this way I would've been shocked if at my 20w scan my second had been a girl. I was so sure.
Whats frustrating is I have given everything away. Everything. So my lovely mothercare maternity bras with no underwire that I'm pining for now are long gone and my trousers are so uncomfortable as mine are all high wasted skinny jeans (they're flattering on the stomach with a long top) but make me feel so uncomfortable now. But I really feel I want to wait until 12 weeks rather than spend money and/or face having to throw anything out. Same as jinxing anything by buying baby clothes so early I suppose. Just wish I had some stashed away so I felt a bit more comfortable. Anyone know of any maternity bargain places in the UK? I want to get the new look belly bands for sure as they make your non maternity clothes last a lot longer.
Hope you aren't all feeling as uncomfortable as me :) don't worry I'm in pj bottoms as soon as we get in the door since leaving my jeans undone all the time was leaving me at serious risk of exposing my minge to the postman! Lol

Hi ladies! Hope you all had a lovely Christmas :) my little man got spoilt.. Again haha.
How are you all feeling? Symptoms so far for me - boobs are so so so sore!!! Tiredness & ive felt a tiny bit nauseous. I was lucky with my son I never had any sickness at all just bad heartburn! What are your symptoms? Xx

British Mummy - have you had a look on the new look website? There's some maternity clothing on sale there! :)

I have a belly band, can't wear jeans without that and a hairband. I haven't bought any maternity clothes yet and I packed away all my maternity clothes or sold them from previous pregnancies. I told DH I sold them, but I secretly saved some of my very favorites just in case this happened. Wish I know where I'd put them though!

I'm starting to look different in my shirts. I have been wearing DH's shirts with yoga pants at home, which I used to do but I'm afraid someone might notice the change. We are having a difficult time with our inlaws, who we live with, who are liable to be the most judgmental of this pregnancy. MIL has had some kind of breaking point Christmas day, she has been mean and nasty ever since. Like today, she made a snide comment about me taking a shower last night, because when she got home there was no hot water. How was I supposed to know 1) when she got home, and 2) that she wanted a shower? If she is this snippy and rude about me taking a shower...I just don't want to hear it. I'm worried that our presence in our in-laws house is going to cause problems for them in their marriage and I don't want to be the cause of that.

Too much stress for the baby.

I'm definitely having bloat issues (or maybe it's just Christmas food !), I'm only small so any bloating shows up really obviously which is an issue as we're not planning on telling anyone yet (my parents live with us so it's getting difficult to hide !)

I'm super happy today as I've managed to briefly hear the heartbeat on my Doppler, I was starting to get really detached from this pregnancy as with both my daughters I had a scan at 6 weeks as I had been having fertility treatment, this time I won't be getting a scan till around 12 weeks. Unfortunately when I got up to find my phone to record the heartbeat I lost it, boo !

Hope everyone is feeling as well as possible at the moment x

Thanks Amber! I have now ordered sale maternity clothes online from new look thanks to you! Plus my staple bellybands. Hair-tie trick working a charm this morning, that could be Christmas rather than baby though! :p xx

Have any of you ladies had spotting? I had some yesterday and I'm seriously worrying 😕 I'm hoping that it's just from pushing hard trying to poop, but I can't help really freaking out that it's something worse.

Not the pregnancy, but with DD I had spotting twice from DTD and once from straining to poop. Just small amounts of light pink spotting. Never turned out to be a problem, hope yours is not either!

Has the spotting settled down luz? I had a tiny bit of pink spotting with my eldest daughter which didn't cause any problems, I hope everything is good for you x

I managed to hear the heartbeat again on my Doppler today and recorded it, I'm not sure if this link will work or not but it's a plain black video with sound. It seems a good heart rate though, about 140-150ish ?

https://rs230.pbsrc.com/albums/ee277/fleapoo/Baby%203/1AE9E97E-0D13-4439-BD3D-B79123C03681_zps6xmlagvo.mp4?w=160&h=160&fit=clip

Yes I only had spotting the one evening and haven't had any since. I was going to call the dr but I decided not to. I'm not even 6 weeks yet so even if they did do an ultrasound I likely wouldn't see anything worthwhile. So awesome you found the hb on your Doppler!

Ah that's great news, fingers crossed it stays away for you :)

we had a hb of 135 yesterday and are measuring 6+6 (today). Everything looks good. it was neat to see its little heart flickering away on the screen. i hope we get to Hear it next time!

That's great British Mummy! I still have a few maternity bits in the loft I need to get down! :)

I had an early scan today! My EDD is now been pushed back to the 25th August!! So confused as my LMP was 7th November so worked out the 14th August but never mind haha. I'm only 6 weeks and 1 day now but little bean was there & I saw its little heartbeat flickering!! :) The lady said that it would be more accurate at my 12 week scan which I'm not sure when that'll be as I don't see my MW until Jan 12th & we have to wait for a letter to come through the post with our scan dates here in the UK! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->