~~~August Apples 2019~~~

I'm doing the NIPT testing this time too @Smudgebear. It just blows my mind that you can find out the gender so early. We are declining to find out this time but with my DD I would have loved to know sooner. So glad to hear your scan went well too.

@RebeccaR19, Wow, a scan isn't standard at 11-12 weeks? That's crazy, I thought it was done at that time pretty much everywhere. What kind of Doppler do you have? I'm thinking about getting one. Hope your nausea improves soon, it's awful. I haven't thrown up yet but I do have to keep crackers on my nightstand or I probably would. I'm trying to think of a cute group name but I'm so bad at it. August Apples? August Lions or cubs or lion cubs? (For being baby Leos) August Darlings?

@Digby90. Sorry you're not feel well either and what a cute way to tell your family.

afm- I'm dealing with some pretty extreme nursing aversion. I feel terrible about it, just so so guilty, but I can't stand nursing her for even a minute. There's been many tears and I wish I could but I just can't. It makes my skin crawl. I feel like that mother cat that starts swatting away her kittens. Of course I don't swat her but with all her tears you might wonder.
I have a Sonaline B. I tried again today and got baby's heartbeat. I had to go to the right, press down hard, and angle it. That way it went around the placenta.

I love some of your group name ideas. The only one I had was August Sunflowers. That doesn't really sound like babies or pregnancy. I really like August Apples.

Hi I’m cautiously tiptoeing into this group. I’ve had a lot of losses in the past with the most recent in October 2018. However I have two beautiful boys ages 7 and 3.5 and I’m now pregnant with no 3.
Since I had an ectopic with my very first pregnancy I get a 6 week scan and with all of my losses the 6 week scan has always not been ‘right’ However with both of my boys there was a heartbeat at the 6 week scan and with this pregnancy I had the scan last Friday and they found a heart beat and it all looked perfect. Due about the 25th August.
They very kindly offered me another scan in 2 weeks for reassurance and after that I might pluck up the courage to make a midwife appointment!

Hi Ladies,

I had my first mdwife appointment this morning at 9w4d. All went well. More importantly I got my next ultrasound and bloodwork booked for Jan 24th at 12 weeks! Can't wait to see our little baby again.

Hi everyone! I had my first appointment a couple days ago, at 7w 5d. I didn't get an ultrasound, and she didn't check for a heartbeat because it was so early i just had bloods drawn and answered questions. It was not exciting lol. Although my Dr was excited to see me again, and everyone was telling me congratulations, so that was fun

34097E2D-34C7-4659-ACAB-11EE3DB56E41.jpeg

I’ve been MIA for a little while due to work and the holiday season.

I hope everyone is doing well!

I went for my first ultrasound yesterday, my little bean is measuring 3 days ahead putting me at 8w5d today, which makes my due date the 16th of August 2019. Baby’s heart beat was 170bpm, I’m slightly concerned that it may be a little to fast. They wouldn’t let me listen to it, saying they prefer not to listen to it in the first trimester, I didn’t think to ask the science behind it at time. The tech also felt the need to question me on why I was having such an early scan :shrug: because my doctor ordered it lady, the reason shouldn’t concern you!

My symptoms haven’t been to bad. My boobs have increased by 2 cup sizes :holly: with only sensitive nipples, no sore breasts! My nausea only involves me gagging if I have an empty stomach or it gets upset if I’ve eaten something it didn’t like, no vomiting as of yet. Constipation is my biggest issue :sad2:. My main symptom is exhaustion, some days I could do nothing but sleep!

I FaceTimed my mum yesterday and told her. She’s very excited as this will be her first grand baby!

Great pic Brit. Are you hoping for either gender, I got a boy vibe for some reason from your scan. Although I think they say quicker heartbeat rates are girls... who knows?!

Great pic Brit. Are you hoping for either gender, I got a boy vibe for some reason from your scan. Although I think they say quicker heartbeat rates are girls... who knows?!

I don’t care what the gender is as long as it’s a nice healthy little bub. DH on the other hand is adamant it has to be a boy. I’ve only had bouts of nausea, no actual vomiting which leads me to think it’s a boy but as you said the HR says otherwise so I’m not sure.

Great scan, Brit!! What a cute little one. That's also nice that you got your due date moved up. I always get moved back lol.

Welcome, milosmum! I hope this is a sticky one for you. Great to have heard the heartbeat!

I think my pregnancy cravings have kicked in this week. I keep craving salty foods. I can't get enough pickles and olives! I gotta watch it before my sodium is through the roof. Anyone else having cravings ?

RebeccaR19 - I've been eating a lot of olives too which is very outrageous for me because before pregnancy I HATED olives. Now i'm putting them on my pizza, my sub, my salad, everything!

Hubby is wanting a girl and I'm happy with either. I think I might keep it a surprise for me!

In terms of symptoms I've got nausea which follows me bad at night and makes me toss and turn. I literally do not sleep! I tried Phenegran the night before and oh joy I didn't wake up at 3am to eat and managed a half decent sleep! I only feel it when my stomach is empty or where I feel even a little hunger. I don't like the idea of food or making food but if it's on front of me I will happily eat it. I can't eat fruits as it gives me a bad tummy.

This pregnancy is literally the opposite of me.. I used to love sleep and food now I'm living each day just to survive haha

I'm still waiting for HG to kick in, I had it for the entire pregnancy with DS.. praying it stays away! This time last pregnancy I was already on my second hospital visit got IV. Fingers crossed as

Hope everyone is well x

Hi ladies!
For symptoms I have a lot of nausea. Im craving everything sweet ugh! If after a meal I dont have something sweet I get really nauseous. Last pregnancy I craved everything salty and spicy.

I craved sweets with my son. I also crave some sweets this time. I craved spicy foods with my daughter. And this one mainly just salty stuff.
But I have to watch it because I can't keep eating olives by the spoonful.
I also find myself eating a lot to combat nausea.

PeanutWhereRU- I hope you don't have hg. I am sorry you have had so much trouble sleeping. Glad the Phenegran helped!

Hi again everyone, and welcome to the new ladies in the group! I've been MIA over the holidays, and then began losing symptoms at the beginning of Jan so I was more than anxious that I would go to my first appt and there would be an empty sac or no HB.

But we had our first appt yesterday and all is well! The little gummy bear measured 8W 5 D, making my official EDD Aug. 17. Doctor said everything is looking great and it seems like I might be one of the lucky ones that doesn't have terrible nausea. She also said it's normal for breast soreness to go away by this point. My main symptom is fatigue, and I feel guilty like I'm constantly napping and being lazy, but then I remind myself I shouldn't feel bad and the fatigue will pass (hopefully!!)

Not craving any one thing consistently, but when something sounds good it sounds AMAZING. Although if I eat too much in one sitting I get a belly ache.

Hopefully everyone else is feeling ok!

Hi again everyone, and welcome to the new ladies in the group! I've been MIA over the holidays, and then began losing symptoms at the beginning of Jan so I was more than anxious that I would go to my first appt and there would be an empty sac or no HB.

But we had our first appt yesterday and all is well! The little gummy bear measured 8W 5 D, making my official EDD Aug. 17. Doctor said everything is looking great and it seems like I might be one of the lucky ones that doesn't have terrible nausea. She also said it's normal for breast soreness to go away by this point. My main symptom is fatigue, and I feel guilty like I'm constantly napping and being lazy, but then I remind myself I shouldn't feel bad and the fatigue will pass (hopefully!!)

Not craving any one thing consistently, but when something sounds good it sounds AMAZING. Although if I eat too much in one sitting I get a belly ache.

Hopefully everyone else is feeling ok!

That's excellent that you had a scan and everything was great. That's awesome if you lucked out with nausea!

@Lulu719 Congrats on your scan! And boy am I jealous of your lack of nausea. That was like with my son, I only felt fatigue but that was about it. This time is the complete opposite. Just the thought of most things makes me nauseous and some days I barely leave the couch.
My husband is starting to get annoyed with the state of our house and the lack of food options, but I told him until he gains the ability to grow a human, he can't complain [-X

@RebeccaR19 Also craved sweets with my son but this time the idea of sweets makes me sick, I think because they keep leaving a very bad aftertaste which makes my nausea worse.

So as for a group name, let me know which you like best

August Apples
August Lion Cubs
August Darlings
August Sunflowers
August Seeds
August Bubbles

I will pick the one with the most votes. I tried to create a poll, but I couldn't figure out how.

Also, just checking in hoping everyone is doing okay. I can't wait for my first appointment today. It feels like it's taking forever!

I had a great appointment today! I had another ultrasound and now baby looks like a proper baby. Everything else is going well. Baby's heartbeat was around 154. He/she was very active. So the stills are all a bit blurry lol.

Today's ultrasound estimated a due date of July 31st. So my first guess is right in the middle of both ultrasound estimates.

2019-01-15 14.53.21.jpg

Can i join you? I'm due 24th august. First ultrasound is in 13 days eeek!
This is baby number four & like the others i have been really sick so thinking its another boy lol! I really don't mind & hopefully wont find out the sex until they arrive.

I'm so exhausted this time, i could literally sleep all day! Unfortunately my 2 year old would not allow that so i just daydream about napping haha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->