~~~August Apples 2019~~~

I’m now 41 weeks and have tried everything to induce labour.
Had an examination done yesterday and my cervix is high, posterior and closed... it was to high for her to attempt a stretch and sweep. Baby is also only at a -3. They’ve booked me in for the gel next Wednesday and induction Thursday, apparently if I had one now it wouldn’t be very successful. The midwife said the only thing that’s going to help soften my cervix at this point is lots of sex. 41 weeks pregnant and lots of sex sounds exhausting!

After everything I’ve tried and she’s still not here, it’s so disheartening. My friend and a family member who were pregnant were both due after me and have had their babies. I feel broken!

@Brit95 :hugs2: very sorry you are feeling like this, i know how much we want the baby out and in our arms once we are past the due date! i hope it happens soon for you <3

I am on day 2 of induction with pessary at 39+3 due to having a giant baby. Bored, slowly roasting in a room with no aircon and have had some very rude and indifferent midwives. At one point I was having double peak and continuous contractions and they wouldn’t believe me for hours until I eventually had 3hrs of CTG monitoring between 0030 and 0330 and they said “oooh look at those double peaks and continuous contractions” (no shit Sherlock) and then I got reviewed by 2 more midwives and a registrar, all of whom did nothing! Have been contracting 4 in 10 since before 2pm yesterday but cervix still closed despite 24hrs of those, very soft and well effaced, and the baby’s head can’t be any lower.

I’ve even had one midwife tell me I can’t possibly be in labour unless I’ve tried all the analgesia they keep on the ward (in the past I have broken bones and been fine without analgesia).

Beginning to think c section sooner rather than later is the way forwards as another 36hrs of this with contractions so I can’t concentrate or do anything but no actual progress is a nightmare.

@HopefulDoc I am so sorry you're feeling so miserable. I hope since you've posted that things have picked up and started progressing or even better you've got a baby in your arms. I know when I was being induced I transitioned very very quickly, it doesn't always happen on a strict timeline. Hopefully it is the same for you.

Baby Ronan was born on the 22nd, He was a whopping 9 lbs 8 oz and 21 1/2 inches long! :shock: When I got to the hospital I was 2 cm and 30% effaced. The induction took a lot longer than my last one. There were a lot more ups and downs, including what seemed to be an adverse reaction to cervadil, getting an epidural (which I haven't had since my first baby), and a stuck shoulder when he was on his way out. Luckily that only lasted a few seconds before it popped out! Recovery has been nice and smooth this time around, and the little man is awesome at nursing :cloud9: He's amazing! <3

On day 5 of induction with absolutely no dilation of my cervix at all, i finally got a C section!

Delighted to have Lowri Haf, 10lb 8oz at 1040 this morning, and she has been amazingly settled since. Very glad I had the section and didn’t have to push her out! We are both doing well and I’m hoping for home tomorrow :)

I’m now 41 weeks and have tried everything to induce labour.
Had an examination done yesterday and my cervix is high, posterior and closed... it was to high for her to attempt a stretch and sweep. Baby is also only at a -3. They’ve booked me in for the gel next Wednesday and induction Thursday, apparently if I had one now it wouldn’t be very successful. The midwife said the only thing that’s going to help soften my cervix at this point is lots of sex. 41 weeks pregnant and lots of sex sounds exhausting!

After everything I’ve tried and she’s still not here, it’s so disheartening. My friend and a family member who were pregnant were both due after me and have had their babies. I feel broken!

I'm so sorry hon I know how much this sucks. I was the same with DS. I tried everything in my power to get him out. But nothing. In the end I was induced at 42 weeks.
Really hope things start for you soon. [-o&lt;

Baby Ronan was born on the 22nd, He was a whopping 9 lbs 8 oz and 21 1/2 inches long! :shock: When I got to the hospital I was 2 cm and 30% effaced. The induction took a lot longer than my last one. There were a lot more ups and downs, including what seemed to be an adverse reaction to cervadil, getting an epidural (which I haven't had since my first baby), and a stuck shoulder when he was on his way out. Luckily that only lasted a few seconds before it popped out! Recovery has been nice and smooth this time around, and the little man is awesome at nursing :cloud9: He's amazing! <3

Congratulations hon. I love the name. My biggest was 8lb 15 so basically 9lb at 42 weeks and that was a horrendous birth but he was such a good and easy baby.

Awwww hon I'm sk happy u have finally had ure baby. I'm sorry induction was unsuccessful and u had such a long wait.
Congratulations hon.

C019DF2D-77BC-4667-9B9D-037EF154BA17.jpeg F2E05776-FD0B-4DDB-937F-E1A3F2FB72BF.jpeg So my very well cooked chicken finally arrived on the 28/8/18.

Introducing Freya Emmalee Smith
Weight: 8lb 1oz
Length: 51cm
Head: 35.5cm

I was due to go in for an induction on the 28/8 at 2pm. However that morning at 2am I woke up to go to the toilet and had what felt like just your average period cramps. I sat on the toilet thinking maybe it was wind, however noticed that they had rhythm. I decided to time them, they were 3 minutes apart, lasting 1 minute. The pain wasn’t that bad so I bounced on the birthing ball and let hubby sleep for another hour just incase I was in for a long labour. 3am hit and the contractions hit 2 minutes apart, 1 minute long so I decided to wake hubby up. I had a long shower and then fluffed around the house making sure everything was in order. 4am came around and hubby suggested we phone the labour ward and update them on what’s going on, they said I was more then welcome to come in but if I was still comfortable at home I was also more then welcome to stay there. I decided I wasn’t in that much pain and that I would stay home for as long as possible. It was 5am and I was starting to get more uncomfortable so I decided to head to the labour ward to get checked out and use their shower for pain relief. However in the car during our 10 minute ride to the hospital the contractions got intense, I thought it was caused by having to sit on uncomfy car seats and thought nothing further of it... that was until I timed my contractions at 1 minute 30 apart lasting 1 minute. We made it into the labour ward at 5:20am, I went to the toilet because I thought I had to poop and that’s when incredibly intense contractions, pressure, burning and nausea came over me. The midwife suggested I lay down to be checked in which I refused because I was to uncomfortable. She checked me standing up in which she replied oh my your already 10cm, your ready to start pushing. Me being stubborn and wanting a water Birth refused to start pushing until the bath was full. Once the bath was ready I climbed in and started pushing, my water still hadn’t broken, i laboured unmedicated for 40 minutes. When her head came out it was still encased in my waters and on the final push it broke. She was born at 6:25am. She came out and let out a little cry but then decided to hold her breath so was unattached from me very quickly and wisked away for some oxygen in which she came back to it within seconds. This was legit the most terrifying moment of my life, being left, deliriously alone in the bath by myself, feeling helpless, unable to be with my baby and make sure she was ok. I was disappointed I didn’t get to do the delayed cord clamping I wanted but she is safe and alive and that’s all that matters!

The midwife has told me she’s happy for me to come back and birth more baby’s at anytime as I was a breeze. I have however learnt not to leave going into hospital until the last minute when my contractions are so close together, as I honestly could have had her at home!

She is now 2 weeks old and is in the 83rd percentile for weight range piling on the weight and acquiring cute little chipmunk cheeks and a little double chin

@Brit95 Yay, such adorable girl! <3
Can't believe your 1st labor and delivery was this quick and not too bad pain wise :)

@Brit95 Yay, such adorable girl! <3
Can't believe your 1st labor and delivery was this quick and not too bad pain wise :)

I know, I’ve been told multiple times how lucky I was. Each time I had a midwives apt I’d only be 3/5 engaged, even when so overdue. My mum thinks because I was trying all the old wives tales out such as red raspberry leaf, dates and pineapple, that it ripened my cervix perfectly so when Bub engaged it was go time.

I feel like a million bucks!

Luke had feedings at 10:45pm, 2:40am and 7:30am last night. Best night's sleep we've got since I went into labour. Yay!

That's awesome @Dream143r

My LO takes very long and lazy feeds where i will have to keep waking him up, so i pump for 10 minutes after he wakes up while my DH tries to keep him calm and then feed him the bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->