~~~August Apples 2019~~~

@HopefulDoc That's such a growth spurt! I would have thought they would schedule for induction earlier too given this, but maybe the Doctor sees no need for that.
Also good that you don't have GD :)

Our guidelines in the U.K. are not to induce for weight alone (without GD) apparently - it makes no difference to maternal outcomes like bleeding/tears or neonatal outcomes such as shoulder dystocia or other birth trauma. Plus ultrasound weight estimation is notoriously inaccurate - somewhere between 15-40% error. I’m happy to go with the science, but am still a little bit concerned it will be an even more eye watering experience now!

I’m definitely getting nearer, am waddling all the time, my guts are endlessly annoying and the heat is getting to me now.

I just had my 38 week stress test and appointment. Baby is doing wonderfully. I surprised myself and opted to have my cervix checked for dialation... 1/2cm, boo. I also requested an induction so that's looking to get scheduled 8/12. My Dr is not going to be available for several days afterward that (which is when I'm due) and I just really really want a Dr I am comfortable with and trust in an emergency if it goes that way. I can't believe I'm actually scheduling one! I feel a little conflicted about, maybe even guilty, it but perhaps it will happen naturally before then. 10 days!!!!!!!!!!

Our guidelines in the U.K. are not to induce for weight alone (without GD) apparently - it makes no difference to maternal outcomes like bleeding/tears or neonatal outcomes such as shoulder dystocia or other birth trauma. Plus ultrasound weight estimation is notoriously inaccurate - somewhere between 15-40% error. I’m happy to go with the science, but am still a little bit concerned it will be an even more eye watering experience now!

I’m definitely getting nearer, am waddling all the time, my guts are endlessly annoying and the heat is getting to me now.

Hi hon hope u dont mind me jumping in. Dont worry about scan measurements and baby weight. In my personal experience those scans are not accurate at all.
With DS I was told he was only average size and the scan was saying he wud be 7 and a half lb max. I went 14 days over due and still they said he was only going to be average size no bigger than 8lb. He was 9lb.
With my daughter i was told she was 6 and a half lb at 35 weeks. I was induced 4 days later at 35+4 weeks (due to cholestasis of pregnancy and pre eclampsia) and even when I was in labour they were saying she was going to be a really good size and over 7lb even tho I was having her early. She was only 5lb. So please dont worry hon.
Ure be fine.

Hello everyone!

Had my baby boy on 8/3 after 25 hours of labor! He was 7 lbs at birth, had some trouble with his bilirubin levels but now they are back to low risk levels, he is doing good now :)
Just home from hospital.

How is everyone doing?

Congrats HappyWay!

I am wondering if what is occurring currently is a vicious set of Braxton Hicks after a spicy dinner or something more useful.

Would be great if it is the latter as I would rather give birth at 36+6 or 37/40 than endure labour in the company of my useless and feckless parents that have announced that they are coming to stay 4 days before my due date.

Hello everyone!

Had my baby boy on 8/3 after 25 hours of labor! He was 7 lbs at birth, had some trouble with his bilirubin levels but now they are back to low risk levels, he is doing good now :)
Just home from hospital.

How is everyone doing?
Congratulations! All 3 of mine had high bilirubin levels. So I feel you! So glad all is well now.

@HopefulDoc hoping they turned into the real deal!

Just the same at the moment as overnight. Has been the same all day and I’ve just been taking paracetamol and getting on with stuff. It’s like constant period pain with something a bit worse on top every hour or so. I’m a first timer so set in for the long haul.....but 2nd GTT has been moved to tomorrow morning and midwife will check me over then.

I hope things progress for you soon, HopefulDoc!

I am 38+1 today and my Dr stripped my membranes. Baby is still pretty high (though my belly looks quite low!), but I am 30% effaced and 2 cm dilated. We will see if the stripping does anything :coffee:

Congrats @HappyWay!

My induction day is all set for Monday when I'll be 39+3 now. I was a little worried since it's elective and a busy time of year. Here's to hoping I go before then! I might ask for my membranes to be stripped tomorrow at my appt too in hopes that moves things along.

Congrats @HappyWay!

My induction day is all set for Monday when I'll be 39+3 now. I was a little worried since it's elective and a busy time of year. Here's to hoping I go before then! I might ask for my membranes to be stripped tomorrow at my appt too in hopes that moves things along.
So soon! I hope all goes well!

I have my 40w appt tomorrow morning and my induction is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday (40+2 & 3). I think they're just gonna do the gel Saturday then send me home. Sunday we should get more action.

I'm 1cm dialated!!! Woohoo. Lol so my OB was able to do a sweep this morning. She sent me over to the hospital, where I'm waiting now to do a NST to ensure everything is good to wait until Saturday to start the induction.

I'm 1cm dialated!!! Woohoo. Lol so my OB was able to do a sweep this morning. She sent me over to the hospital, where I'm waiting now to do a NST to ensure everything is good to wait until Saturday to start the induction.
Exciting! Hope all goes well!

Hope your induction/delivery went fantastic and you're enjoying all those squishy snuggles.

My induction is tomorrow, I have to call first thing in the morning to find out what time I should be going in. I'm excited and super nervous! Unfortunately I missed my appointment at 39 weeks (false alarm labor) so I have no idea if my cervix is "favorable" or not. My fingers are crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->