~~~August Apples 2019~~~

Hope all those inductions are going well.

I currently have the joys of nursing the wife with norovirus whilst trying not to contract it myself. Sleeping on the couch for a few days to avoid infection, whilst being bothered by 3 dogs that want to also be sleeping on it but won’t fit is not a recipe for relaxation and rest! Also rocking the mop, bleach and marigolds look a lot. Would be a disaster if I got it and went into labour though and she couldn’t come to hospital with me due to infection risk.

It’s certainly a novel way to pass the 38th week.

My sweet angel arrived Sunday Aug 11th at 4:44pm weighing 6lbs 14oz via vaginal birth So many details to fill you guys in on! (Labour and post partum). Its been a wild ride and not over yet. We are still in the hospital I'm discharged but baby is not. Currently watching him under lights to treat his jaundice Desperately hoping to be able to take him home tomorrow. Once we settle in I'll fill you guys in more. Hubs and I are exhausted but feeling so blessed at the same time. Our baby is a champ so FX and prayers up that we can go home very soon.

My sweet angel arrived Sunday Aug 11th at 4:44pm weighing 6lbs 14oz via vaginal birth So many details to fill you guys in on! (Labour and post partum). Its been a wild ride and not over yet. We are still in the hospital I'm discharged but baby is not. Currently watching him under lights to treat his jaundice Desperately hoping to be able to take him home tomorrow. Once we settle in I'll fill you guys in more. Hubs and I are exhausted but feeling so blessed at the same time. Our baby is a champ so FX and prayers up that we can go home very soon.
Congratulations! I hope you can go home asap.

Big congrats @Dream143r hope you get to take your lil man home soon xx

Our little man arrived on the 5th weighing 7lb 8oz. I was induced at 11:30am & he was born at 8pm so very easy. He is perfect & his brothers adore him. Jaxson Ryan...

We didn't get to meet his brother Harris Lee, too much time had passed but i'm ok with that xx

20190815_172548.jpg

Our little man arrived on the 5th weighing 7lb 8oz. I was induced at 11:30am & he was born at 8pm so very easy. He is perfect & his brothers adore him. Jaxson Ryan...

We didn't get to meet his brother Harris Lee, too much time had passed but i'm ok with that xx

View attachment 1066210

Ah big congrats.. he is adorable x

Congrats Bumble!

I had another scan today and baby now measuring 9lb10 so am being induced as early as possible (which is apparently on the 23rd, which is only 5 days early as there is no space on the ward before this, despite the obstetrician kicking off about it being so late). I’m a bit worried baby will be over 11lb by then! It’s all rather concerning - no reasons found for the sudden rapid increase in growth since 34weeks.

Congratulations sweety prayers u get home with baby asap.

View attachment 1066210

Awww hon he is absolutely adorable. So happy everything went so well for you. Congratulations

Congrats Bumble!

I had another scan today and baby now measuring 9lb10 so am being induced as early as possible (which is apparently on the 23rd, which is only 5 days early as there is no space on the ward before this, despite the obstetrician kicking off about it being so late). I’m a bit worried baby will be over 11lb by then! It’s all rather concerning - no reasons found for the sudden rapid increase in growth since 34weeks.

Hi hon
Those growth scans can be really out by a lb or even 2 either way. How is ure fundal height measurements? In my personal experience fundal height has always been way more accurate than growth scans.

With DS2 I was told he was only going to be 7 and a half lbs even tho I just new he was much bigger. My fundal height always measured 2 weeks ahead with him and my bump was enormous. But they were adamant he wasnt big and then out he came at 8lb 15oz.

And with my DD I was told at a 35 weeks growth scan she was already 7lbs. Fundal height always measured a week behind with her and I really didnt feel she was gonna be big bit growth scan said otherwise. Anyway 4 days later at 35+4 I was induced and she was only 5lbs.
So that's twice the fundal height has been right but the growth scan completely wrong.

This baby was so say 4lb 2oz at my 30 weeks scan but again my fundal height is measuring a week behind so I'm not going to worry about the scan.

My midwife said its impossible to get an exact birth weight via scan the only way ure know is when he/she will be born.
Hopfully ure scan is wrong hon.

I haven’t been on here an ages, I hope you ladies are doing well and congratulations to those who have already had there bubs.

I have a question, I went for a walk this morning and now I can barely walk my crotch is that ceased up/painful. Has anybody had this as an early labour sign or just late onset pelvic girdle pain kicking in. I’m now 2 days overdue :brat:

I had our little boy after being induced 8/12! VBAC! Once his head and shoulders were clear my OB had me pull him out myself! It was totally unexpected and absolutely amazing! He weighed 6lbs 13 oz, and is 19 3/4 inches long. We didn't have a name picked out but we chose Simon and it suits him perfectly.
AdecD56.jpg

I haven’t been on here an ages, I hope you ladies are doing well and congratulations to those who have already had there bubs.

I have a question, I went for a walk this morning and now I can barely walk my crotch is that ceased up/painful. Has anybody had this as an early labour sign or just late onset pelvic girdle pain kicking in. I’m now 2 days overdue :brat:

Hay hon
I have really bad pubic pain and pelvic pain because of SPD but where ure over due pubic pain cud be a sign that things cud be starting soon. With my first I woke up one day and it literally felt like I had been ice skating and fallen straight on my tail and pubic bone and someone said to me ""bet u go in labour soon"" I went into labour that night and had my baby the next day.
I really hope this is it for you because it sucks going over due. I went 14 days over with DS so I know what it's like.
Good luck hon I have a feeling u will be having ure little baby very very soon.

I had our little boy after being induced 8/12! VBAC! Once his head and shoulders were clear my OB had me pull him out myself! It was totally unexpected and absolutely amazing! He weighed 6lbs 13 oz, and is 19 3/4 inches long. We didn't have a name picked out but we chose Simon and it suits him perfectly.
AdecD56.jpg

Awwww he is so cute congratulations hon. Ans how amazing that u helped him out yourself that's awesome. Well done momma

I keep checking hoping to see some more august apples. Hope everyone is doing well either waiting for baby to arrive or even better enjoying our little ones.

Congratulations on your boy, Weebles! He is so cute!

I love seeing all of the babies on here. All so precious!

We are doing alright here. My baby girl was 4 weeks yesterday and will be one month on Thursday. It is flying by. But we are in an intense stretch right now with a big growth spurt going on and lots of fussiness and clinginess. She barely napped yesterday. But on the bright side, she slept a 7 hour stretch last night. And she has gone back down for a few more hours now. So that part is nice. Her big brother and sister adore her. It's nice having help.

2 days overdue now, and going in for an induction tonight!

Baby is STILL posterior (sunny side up), despite me trying everything I can think of to turn him - crawling around on hands and knees, cat/cow stretch, hip dips, brisk walks, hip rotations and circle-8s on a yoga ball, forward leaning inversions, chiropractic adjustments :shock: … this kid is not going to turn for me till I'm in labor, apparently [-X :huh: I've been trying to put myself into labor, using all the usual techniques - RRLT, spicy labor cookies, spicy food, walking up and down stairs, sex, even some clary sage oil. I was really hoping that full moon was going to help :shrug: Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->