AUGUST buddies~ Symptom Spotting, Girl Talk & POAS party!

Blue - your chart looks so good. Can't believe you might wait til tomorrow to test! Anxiously awaiting your test.

Caringo - fx it is just too early.

Manifest - it doesn't sound good honestly but I hope everything is okay and it is just spotting and your line gets darker!

Well, emailed doc at noon to tell her what was going on, she called for STAT blood tests, they came back negative :( seeing her tomorrow at noon to make sense of it all. Guess false positives on FRERs can happen. Hope she puts me on progesterone and we make sense of it all. You all must be some mighty strong women to handle this month after month. <3

So sorry Manifest. Its tough, but you just need to keep in mind why we do this every month.

Sounds to me like you had a chemical as false positives are quite rare on FRER especially as clear as your line anyway.

So sorry manifest. I agree with blue both about keeping in mind why it is worth it to keep trying and about what probably happened.
It really sounds very similar to my experience when I had my "chemical."

Obviously an early loss, if that is what happened, is awful. But there is a silver lining which is it indicates that it is possible for you to get pregnant - you are ovulating, your tubes are open, your OH's swimmers are there and able to get where they need to go. Plus, statistically the chances of carrying to term after one or even two losses is very high.
Hopefully you will get some answers from your doc as well.

So sorry Manifest :( I agree with the others that it sounds like a chemical. Hopefully the doctor will give you the clear to go right on ahead and get that BFP next cycle. I have heard before you are even more fertile after a loss. :hugs:

Thanks a lot everyone, the support means so much. Hope we keep up the forum for next month and so happy to see those BFPs show :D

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but does anyone know how to count dpo? Like how many days after your first positive opk do you start counting?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but does anyone know how to count dpo? Like how many days after your first positive opk do you start counting?

I personally counted the day after positive OPK as ovulation day, then counted from there. I think it's only really accurate for the people who temp and know exactly when they O. So 2 days after positive OPK would be 1dpo for me.

Macy - standard practice if you are only using OPKs is to assume that you O'd the next day. So 2 days after pos OPK would be 1dpo - just keeping in mind that islt might be off a day or two in either direction.

Well, emailed doc at noon to tell her what was going on, she called for STAT blood tests, they came back negative :( seeing her tomorrow at noon to make sense of it all. Guess false positives on FRERs can happen. Hope she puts me on progesterone and we make sense of it all. You all must be some mighty strong women to handle this month after month. <3

So sorry Manifest. :hugs: I know the feeling, just went through it last month. It sucks. Best wishes to you for next month :flower:

I personally counted the day after positive OPK as ovulation day, then counted from there. I think it's only really accurate for the people who temp and know exactly when they O. So 2 days after positive OPK would be 1dpo for me.

^^ WSS. You can't really tell unless you temp (I think it's even possible to get a +OPK and not ovulate at all - which you couldn't tell unless you temp). But a lot of people just go with the average and assume the day after the +OPK is O, and then 2 days after is 1 dpo.

Anyone else always have temps all over the place?? Makes it so hard to read :(

Hi everyone!

So I'm back from my trip to St. Petersburg and have been relaxing for a few days before coming back here:)

I'm expecting AF tomorrow or the day after if my cycle this time runs like clockwork. I'm really doubtful it happened this time, no symptoms at all that could give me any hope of a BFP :nope: If I'm right, DH will call our GP and see if we can get our referral anyway and not have to wait one more month since we've only technically been trying 11 months and the required is 12 months trying for a referral. Otherwise we'll just have to try again for cycle 13 to please our anal doctor but I don't see the point:shrug:

I'll be trying to catch up with everything the next day or two:happydance:

I'm so glad to have this site. My mother has Narcissistic Personality Disorder (in a bad way) and until recently was trying to convince me not to have kids since she pretty much regrets having hers. Now I can't talk to her about any TTC frustrations because she either tells me to stop "obsessing" (is an update once every 1-2 months obsessing?) or that she never had ANY problems getting pregnant with her 6 kids:( So won't tell her anything anymore. Good thing I have all you lovely ladies here and my big sister (in the US) to talk to about all this so DH doesn't get overloaded:)

Welcome back Kat! Hope you feel refreshed and ready to make a baby! I havent been on a vacation in years so DH and I are thinking about running away to the beach this weekend :)

And thanks ladies! It looks like I am 3DPO then (roughly). So weird to only be at 3 when AF is coming Monday lol. Well, I suppose she will be late either way! Oh and it looks I have for sure O'd finally as my cm has turned sticky and white. Now to sit back and wait. Not gonna lie. Our BD marathon tuckered me out! I counted and we BD'd 11 times this cycle. :haha:

Welcome back Kat! Hope you feel refreshed and ready to make a baby! I havent been on a vacation in years so DH and I are thinking about running away to the beach this weekend :)

And thanks ladies! It looks like I am 3DPO then (roughly). So weird to only be at 3 when AF is coming Monday lol. Well, I suppose she will be late either way! Oh and it looks I have for sure O'd finally as my cm has turned sticky and white. Now to sit back and wait. Not gonna lie. Our BD marathon tuckered me out! I counted and we BD'd 11 times this cycle. :haha:

Thanks:) Yeah we probably will be having at least one more cycle since I doubt our GP will refer us until we've been through one more month TTC. Even then, I would think there is some waiting time to the first appointment with the clinic, then the testing and all that before any treatment can be started:shrug: I'm thinking we'll reach to have at least 3 months more of NTNP until anything happens in the assisted conception department. We'll be the first in DH's family to need the help so not looking forward to having to tell the in-laws :dohh: But one of his friends also needed help, think they went through IVF before having their daughter so we're not the first in our circle of friends at least. Unfortunately we don't talk to much with them but maybe we should get a hold of them and ask about how long time it took before treatment started and how long after that they succeeded in getting pregnant (just to get a general idea):shrug:

I seriously doubt we managed to get pregnant during our vacation due to my complete lack of symptoms but we'll see. So funny DH was trying and I was just relaxing:haha: The worst part was that most of my fertile days we had twin beds (small ones at that) so DH had to come visit me since I wanted to stay lying down after BDing:haha: Unfortunately they were very uncomfortable beds as well:haha: Only on O day did we have a huge, comfy bed:happydance: If AF arrives within the next few days, like I think she will, I'll update here and move on to the September thread:thumbup:

Maybe you should take a vacation macy, especially if it's during your fertile period. I've heard lots of people get pregnant on vacation because they're more relaxed:winkwink:

Twin beds! Lol. You must have felt like teenagers. Ha! My AF is due on Monday so I am past the fertile period. Im not sure if a vacation would help me be less stressed or pms would ruin everything. Lol! When is your AF due? Good luck to you!

Twin beds! Lol. You must have felt like teenagers. Ha! My AF is due on Monday so I am past the fertile period. Im not sure if a vacation would help me be less stressed or pms would ruin everything. Lol! When is your AF due? Good luck to you!

Yeah it wasn't fun, especially since it was the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in:wacko: The springs kept digging into my back and sides and you don't want to know how much worse they dug under BDing:haha: AF due tomorrow or the day after so we'll see but don't have my hopes up at all:nope:

You could try arranging a vacation during one of your future fertile periods and see if it helps any:winkwink: It can't hurt. It was nice to try so now I don't need to go crazy over wondering if a vacation would help us since now we've tried it:happydance:

Welcome back Kat! :) and so sorry Manifest :hugs: Sorry you had to go through that.

Here is my 12dpo test from this morning,if anyone wants to look...but it's pretty boring, looks like a BFN. At first I thought maybe I saw something (which is why I uploaded to Countdown, for the tweaking!) But pretty positive it's truly a BFN.
https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=308201
https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=308199

Still holding on to hope though...but wondering if I should only test every other day? Not sure...don't want to run out of tests, but feel like AF would come before then anyways. How common is it to have an LP longer than 14 days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->