August Hopefuls? [TTC August 2013 Thread]

missgenna

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

My name is Genna and hubby an I are TTC #1 after MC due to blighted ovum in April. This site has been super helpful and a great support system for me while I was in the TWW last cycle. So since I got a BFN and AF came around, I thought maybe I would start a new thread for anyone in the same cycle as I am, and TTC! This way we can all support each other and keep somewhat sane!

Feel free to post anything related to your cycle and I hope we can all be TTC buddies

---New this cycle for me: I got a new app for my phone called "Fertility Friend" and noticed I have only been having 10 day LP's which means even if I get pregnant, my uterus will kick everything out and start my period because the days aren't enough to let a sticky baby implant. Anyone have this? How to treat it? I have heard things about vitamin B but I'm scared to do it...I have an OB appointment on the 1st.

HEY HUN,

ME AND HUBBY HAVE BEEN TTC FOR YR AND A HALF, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH PCOS 6MNTHS AGO AND AM ON CD 21 OF A 34 DC FIRST ROUND OF CHLOMID NOW IN MY 2WW. I HOPE YOU HAVE SOME GOOD LUCK THIS MONTH.

:dust: TO YOU X

Hiya
Sorry to hear about the mc. So sad.
I find this site to be very helpful. I used it last year on a different username (which i admittedly have forgotten) and had to stop after a while because I found myself over-obsessing. I stopped TTC after over a year of BFNs and have started trying again now. Hopefully things will be better, I have lost 7kgs so far and feel as though I am in a much stronger place of mind.

I am on CD16 and O'd yesterday... or today, I am not too sure. OPK came back will a definite positive twice. Anyway, the TWW has begun...

Good Luck girlies!!

PS- Fertility Friend is awesome!

missgenna - i am just ttc #2 but i just wanted to give you some hope - i was on here when ttc my first and i too was worried about a 10 day luteal phase, but it didnt seem to be a problem for me. I conceived my dd on month three of trying, was having 26/27ish day cycles and ovulating on around day 16, so try not to worry too much at the moment. I'm sorry about your miscarriage :( i hope you all get bfp's soon XXX

I'm sorry about your loss! I lost our son at 39 weeks about a month and a half ago. He was stillborn. My hubby and I are trying to get pregnant with Baby #2. I have no idea where I am as far as a cycle goes at this point. I'm just kind of .. waiting I guess. Waiting for AF to come back or a reason to take a pregnancy test (I'd much rather the second choice, please!). I've just started doing the OPK's out of curiosity. I was told before I got pregnant with my son that I had PCOS and may never have kids. It took us 10 months after I stopped taking birth control.. so I'm kind of a nervous wreck about not being able to get pregnant again. I'm no expert at this, but it is nice to have people to talk to about it all!

I have thought about checking out Fertility Friend. I have read about it a few times. People seem to like it.

I would wait until your doctor's appointment and talk to your doctor. I'm way too nervous to take anything that isn't prescribed to me because I'm afraid it will cause some kind of problem if I do manage to get pregnant. Show him or her what you have discovered and see what they have to say.

HEY HUN,

ME AND HUBBY HAVE BEEN TTC FOR YR AND A HALF, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH PCOS 6MNTHS AGO AND AM ON CD 21 OF A 34 DC FIRST ROUND OF CHLOMID NOW IN MY 2WW. I HOPE YOU HAVE SOME GOOD LUCK THIS MONTH.

:dust: TO YOU X

Hi beautiful!!! AWW when can you test? How did they diagnose your PCOS? WHat were your symptoms? In high school, they thought I had endometriosis, so they put me on BC and I was on it for about 8 years. SO my body is all over the place.

PRAYING for your :bfp: this month honey!!!

Hiya
Sorry to hear about the mc. So sad.
I find this site to be very helpful. I used it last year on a different username (which i admittedly have forgotten) and had to stop after a while because I found myself over-obsessing. I stopped TTC after over a year of BFNs and have started trying again now. Hopefully things will be better, I have lost 7kgs so far and feel as though I am in a much stronger place of mind.

I am on CD16 and O'd yesterday... or today, I am not too sure. OPK came back will a definite positive twice. Anyway, the TWW has begun...

Good Luck girlies!!

PS- Fertility Friend is awesome!

Thank you sweetheart! I know, it is easy to get "caught up" in everything. When I was in my TWW last cycle, that's when I joined the site and I felt support but then started OBSESSING! SO I took a step back and regrouped and now I think I can accept it. When you are honest with yourself, it's easier to let go! <3

Let us know how your TWW goes! When are you testing? Do you have VIP or basic on Fertility Friend?

:dust:

missgenna - i am just ttc #2 but i just wanted to give you some hope - i was on here when ttc my first and i too was worried about a 10 day luteal phase, but it didnt seem to be a problem for me. I conceived my dd on month three of trying, was having 26/27ish day cycles and ovulating on around day 16, so try not to worry too much at the moment. I'm sorry about your miscarriage :( i hope you all get bfp's soon XXX

Awww thank you for the support hun! That really gives me hope! Since I have been pregnant before, it gives me hope that my body is doing what it needs to do.

But I am also worried that maybe my ovulation is "late" so it's poor egg quality (which is one of the causes of blighted ovum/mc that I had) so I really don't know what to think. I have a GYNO appointment today so I will let you guys know what she says!!!!

<3

I'm sorry about your loss! I lost our son at 39 weeks about a month and a half ago. He was stillborn. My hubby and I are trying to get pregnant with Baby #2. I have no idea where I am as far as a cycle goes at this point. I'm just kind of .. waiting I guess. Waiting for AF to come back or a reason to take a pregnancy test (I'd much rather the second choice, please!). I've just started doing the OPK's out of curiosity. I was told before I got pregnant with my son that I had PCOS and may never have kids. It took us 10 months after I stopped taking birth control.. so I'm kind of a nervous wreck about not being able to get pregnant again. I'm no expert at this, but it is nice to have people to talk to about it all!

I have thought about checking out Fertility Friend. I have read about it a few times. People seem to like it.

I would wait until your doctor's appointment and talk to your doctor. I'm way too nervous to take anything that isn't prescribed to me because I'm afraid it will cause some kind of problem if I do manage to get pregnant. Show him or her what you have discovered and see what they have to say.

OMG Girl. I am SO sorry. Nothing I say will make you feel better, and no will will ever know what you went through. But I cannot imagine what you are going through. I am just so so sorry. If you need to talk I am here for you hun. Gosh, life is so crappy sometimes. I am just so sorry.

Be careful with testing with OPK's because they can get confusing. I kept getting what I thought were "lines" but it turns out some people have strong LH ALWAYS in their system which can show up on the OPK. So the last 2 months those have been giving me confusion. So, I bought the Clearblue digital with the 2 different smilies. It REALLY helped last cycle! It told me EXACTLY the days I was fertile. BUT, even though I got positives, I worry if I'm actually dropping eggs. So I started temping. I hope my doctor will be able to tell me if my eggs are old or not. If they are, she might put me on Clomid (like my friend) - she got pregnant the first cycle after that!!!

Keep me updated with what's going on with you sweetie <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!!!

I just turned 37 years old. I have been married to DH for two years. The month after we got married we got pregnant right away (first month off BC). Our daughter is 17 months and we just started trying for another baby. Last month was a bust as I got :witch: yesterday. Today is CD 2.

I do have a 10 year old daughter from a previous marriage. I was lucky to conceive her the first month trying as well. I was really hoping to be as lucky a third time, but I guess not. I know that my age probably is not helping matters at this point.

Last month I did use the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor and OPKs. I did get a peak on my monitor as well as positive OPks so I am hoping that I did ovulate. This month I am starting to chart as well as use Mucinex to help with my CM. My cycles are a little longer at 30-33 days. I'm thinking I will O around CD 19 or 20 this cycle. I guess we will see.

So sorry about your loss. :hugs: I can't even imagine. Good luck to you!

Hi. I am 34, we have a 10 mo beautiful little girl and we are ttc #2 as of this month. It is very nerve wracking as our lo has a rare genetic disorder which has left her blind and can potentially cause more problems as she gets older. We have had genetic testing and it is a spontaneous mutation in her genes. Very sad as we are left wondering why her? But at the same time this means that it is extremely unlikely that it will happen again so we have decided to have a sibling for her ASAP. We always wanted them close together but after having Gabriella and finding out about her condition we thought more babies would probably be out of the question (wouldn't have taken the risk again) if it turned out to be genetically linked to us. So finding out that we can have more after all has made me sooo excited I just want to be pregnant NOW ;)

Just waiting for af to return as I took cerazette for one month last month (thinking I still had to be careful) so fingers crossed she will be here soon as we can can started.

Looking forward to getting to know you better x

Thank you. We are okay though. Picking up the pieces and moving forward in our life. Together, thankfully. My hubby is amazing, and we'll get there eventually. :)

Ohhh OPK's. So I bought them on Monday and did one about 2 pm. So I have been trying to do them around the same time each day.. except this morning I did one when I first woke up and it was SO much darker than the others. Not a positive (I don't think?!), but darker than the others. I took one later in the day, closer to the time I had been the rest of the week and it was almost nothing at all. I'm baffled other than I'm thinking that with as much water as I drink in a day, even holding my urine for a few hours, it may be just too dilute so I'm going to continue with the first morning business. I'm not depending on them quite yet though. I also bought a basal thermometer yesterday and downloaded fertility friend on my phone.. but I'm having a hard time with it because I haven't had an AF since June of 2012 between being irregular and then getting pregnant so I have no idea what to even put in there for LMP and cycle length. I put the date I had my son and left the cycle length blank. I can probably change it later if I need to.

As far as Clomid, my doctor said if I didn't start having cycles again by the time I go back in about a month and a half (That will put me almost 3 months post partum), she will put me on Clomid to try to help out. I'm excited for something to happen or to start Clomid, even though it makes me nervous to take.

Hello!

TTC no.2 from this month! I have an LP of 8 days and am taking 50mg of B6 this month. Its so far brought ov forwards 1 day so am waiting to see about the LP part xx

Hi Genna! So very sorry to hear about your loss. I wish you and your husband all the best! I've just joined this site and really love the idea of being able to talk to other woman about all this. Baby dust to us both&#127802;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!!!

I just turned 37 years old. I have been married to DH for two years. The month after we got married we got pregnant right away (first month off BC). Our daughter is 17 months and we just started trying for another baby. Last month was a bust as I got :witch: yesterday. Today is CD 2.

I do have a 10 year old daughter from a previous marriage. I was lucky to conceive her the first month trying as well. I was really hoping to be as lucky a third time, but I guess not. I know that my age probably is not helping matters at this point.

Last month I did use the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor and OPKs. I did get a peak on my monitor as well as positive OPks so I am hoping that I did ovulate. This month I am starting to chart as well as use Mucinex to help with my CM. My cycles are a little longer at 30-33 days. I'm thinking I will O around CD 19 or 20 this cycle. I guess we will see.

Welcome!!!

Interesting to hear about mucinex? What are you supposed to do and what does it do for you?

Sounds like our cycles are similar. Ovulation for me should be anywhere between 12th - 17th of this month but seeing as each month AF comes a day earlier, I think I'm going to start testing sooner than that - my app says to start testing on the 10th.

Keep us updated chica!!! :kiss:

Hi. I am 34, we have a 10 mo beautiful little girl and we are ttc #2 as of this month. It is very nerve wracking as our lo has a rare genetic disorder which has left her blind and can potentially cause more problems as she gets older. We have had genetic testing and it is a spontaneous mutation in her genes. Very sad as we are left wondering why her? But at the same time this means that it is extremely unlikely that it will happen again so we have decided to have a sibling for her ASAP. We always wanted them close together but after having Gabriella and finding out about her condition we thought more babies would probably be out of the question (wouldn't have taken the risk again) if it turned out to be genetically linked to us. So finding out that we can have more after all has made me sooo excited I just want to be pregnant NOW ;)

Just waiting for af to return as I took cerazette for one month last month (thinking I still had to be careful) so fingers crossed she will be here soon as we can can started.

Looking forward to getting to know you better x

Welcome!!!! Aww is that your little DD in the profile pic? What a sweet girl. I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. Ugh, don't you just hate when doctors "don't have an answer"? What a frustrating thing to hear.

What is Cerazette?

Thanks for joining :)

Thank you. We are okay though. Picking up the pieces and moving forward in our life. Together, thankfully. My hubby is amazing, and we'll get there eventually. :)

Ohhh OPK's. So I bought them on Monday and did one about 2 pm. So I have been trying to do them around the same time each day.. except this morning I did one when I first woke up and it was SO much darker than the others. Not a positive (I don't think?!), but darker than the others. I took one later in the day, closer to the time I had been the rest of the week and it was almost nothing at all. I'm baffled other than I'm thinking that with as much water as I drink in a day, even holding my urine for a few hours, it may be just too dilute so I'm going to continue with the first morning business. I'm not depending on them quite yet though. I also bought a basal thermometer yesterday and downloaded fertility friend on my phone.. but I'm having a hard time with it because I haven't had an AF since June of 2012 between being irregular and then getting pregnant so I have no idea what to even put in there for LMP and cycle length. I put the date I had my son and left the cycle length blank. I can probably change it later if I need to.

As far as Clomid, my doctor said if I didn't start having cycles again by the time I go back in about a month and a half (That will put me almost 3 months post partum), she will put me on Clomid to try to help out. I'm excited for something to happen or to start Clomid, even though it makes me nervous to take.

Hmm the same thing happened to me with the lines being really dark one day and not the next. What I did was save all my OPK's and when I lined them up next to each other there was a progression from really light to really dark. Since I wasn't sure if the really dark ones were positives, I bought the clearblue with the faces and one day it was a smily with lines around it indicating "peak" and the next day it said positive with just a solid face.

SO I love how much more accurate it is --- more expensive but worth it because no guessing games. But what I concluded was the darker it gets, the closer to your actual ovulation. I hate to say it - but if it was super dark (not positive) but the darkest you've seen it, and then the next day it was lighter - your ovulation could've happened over night!!! Also, the "line" being present at all could mean (1) it's still picking up hormones from your pregnancy, or (2) you could be pregnant!

When I first got pregnant, I had no idea I was. I took a test a couple days before my period and it was negative. Then I got what I thought was a period, cramping and bleeding for 5 days around the same time I got my period the month before. So then, I went about my usual cycle and tested for ovulation and it said positive. SO we BD thinking we would get pregnant - but little did we know, I was already pregnant! When I went to have a checkup because I had bad cramping, they found out I was 5 1/2 weeks pregnant! The ovulation test confused me into thinking I ovulated but really I was pregnant!!!!!

Let's hope that's the case for you :thumbup:

Hello!

TTC no.2 from this month! I have an LP of 8 days and am taking 50mg of B6 this month. Its so far brought ov forwards 1 day so am waiting to see about the LP part xx

HI! So do you take it every day? Did your Dr tell you to do it? I am hesitant of screwing myself up even more...

Hi Genna! So very sorry to hear about your loss. I wish you and your husband all the best! I've just joined this site and really love the idea of being able to talk to other woman about all this. Baby dust to us both&#127802;

Aw thanks sweet girl, thanks for joining! Let us know what your cycle is like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->