August Hopefuls? [TTC August 2013 Thread]

BFN's today as well. This TWW is really taking a toll on me. Trying to stay positive.

I am a bit confused this month - had snot like CM (TMI I know!) for four days after ovulation which I have never had before, and then have had some cramp and back ache since. I am not temping or doing ov tests this month but if I ov'd around my usual time I would be about 9dpo today.

When I had my loss in Jan I had really sore breasts, skin break out and aching legs so unless they suddenly show in the next couple of days I have a feeling I am out. Eighth cycle down :cry:

Can i join? Ive been looking for a forum to keep in touch and stay in contact with other women deal with the same things as me, so hopefully this is it. Currently i have a 2 year old daughter. Recently my husband got back from his second deployment from Afgahnistan and we found out he will be non-deployable for 3 years as he has become an instructor so we are super excited to have the time to try for #2. We are really wanting a boy so fingers crossed.! This is my first month charting my basal temperature as well as using OPK. I'm still a little confused on how to know if we DTD at the correct time. Can anyone give me some insight??

Here's the run down for this month. Started my period on Aug 5th, Aug 15 AM -OPK, PM +OPK (did BD that evening), Aug 16, AM& PM +OPK, Aug 17 AM & PM -OPK (did BD that evening).

I do a lot of reading up on the ovulation strips, ovulation, etc etc, but i'm confused on if it was a waste to do the BD on Aug 17, b/c i was negative in the AM & PM, but a chart i printed online after inputting my period date said best chance to have girl was aug 14/15, and fertile for boy on the 16th and VERY fertile for boy on 17th, but again not sure if that's correct b/c i got negative OPK on that 17th that is suppose to be most fertile day for boy. can someone maybe give me some insight or helpful hints please. Thank you!!

I forgot to post my temps so maybe that'll help someone if anyone can help me out. started taking temp on 14th (97.6), 15th (97.6), 16th (97.6), 17th (97.6), 18th (98.2).

Mdub I admire your restraint along with the other ladies! I am a poas addict :haha:

Bumptastic, what tests are you using? Last time ttc got nothing or sofaintitcouldmbeanevap on IC's but BFP on a FRER!

Yellowhaze, the cm and cramps/ aches are promising, I remember having those last time :thumbup:

Bb12vball hello! Looks like you BD at the right times! I would guess at O on 17th from your opk and temps (o is approx 12-48 hrs after + opk I think). I have read for a boy try to BD at same time as O so I think you have done your best!

Took a Wondfo and dollar store test. Since the POAS flood gates have been opened, will be testing tonight too. =)

Ha ha, pinkpolkadot don't admire me until I actually follow through with the holding out to test. Last month it was easy because I didn't buy any tests on purpose. This month, well I bought some a few weeks ago because it was but one get one free. So....we'll see.....having them in the house and listening to others POAS makes me want to! :haha:

Bumptastic I know it's not easy but try to stay positive. It's not over until the fat lady sings :winkwink:

Welcome bb12vball! Sounds to me you o'ed on the 17th....and that you BD'ed at the right times. Good luck!

Ha ha, pinkpolkadot don't admire me until I actually follow through with the holding out to test. Last month it was easy because I didn't buy any tests on purpose. This month, well I bought some a few weeks ago because it was but one get one free. So....we'll see.....having them in the house and listening to others POAS makes me want to! :haha:

:haha: well then I admire your intentions!

Good luck for tonight bumptastic!

I am now 2DPO so a while to to wait yet, I am symptom spotting like a mad woman already of course! So far I am having O type pain and pretty bad cramping (but probs down to having just O'd!)

Oh, Bumptastic I am so sorry! :hugs: I know that feeling all too well.
Best of luck next month!

ok so getting a little bummed out but maybe someone can help me out. I ovulated on the 17th and had my temp go from 97.6 to 98.2. The following day after ovulation my temp went down to 97.4, then following day it was 98.4, then next day 97.5, then this am it was 98.4. I read that if you are pregnant your temp will stay high and not drop. Is this true? Is my assumption that due to my temp, im not prego this month correct? please any info would be great!

Hi everyone! How are you all doing?

I tested this morning at 14 dpo and got my BFP! I'm excited but nervous since the last one ended in a missed miscarriage. Hoping this one sticks!

Good luck to you all who still have to test!

I tested this morning at 14 dpo and got my BFP! I'm excited but nervous since the last one ended in a missed miscarriage. Hoping this one sticks!

OMG GIRLLLLL!!!!! CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you hun!!! Go to your dr. ASAP to get bloodwork and they can see if you're low progesterone or not and put you on a supplement to help keep your sticky bean!!!! SOOO EXCITING!!! Keep us updated :hugs:

CD1 here, yes AF showed up today. Very disappointed, very!

Ohh honey..... I am so SO SORRY. Nothing compares to that feeling of loss. I am right here with you... 10DPO today, BFN and feeling cramps and PMS like AF. She's due Sunday... I have little hope. Cheers to yet another month trying... :hugs:

Hey pretty ladies! I am trying to catch up on everything that's been going on since I left for my trip earlier in the week. I came back today and despite what my FF said, I decided to test today at 10 DPO instead of sunday at 12 DPO... I know I shouldn't have. BFN has me all upset.

I have cramping, PMS and fatigue so I think AF is on her way... she is due Sunday. On a positive note though, it still may be a little early to test... I am a late ovulater so maybe I should wait until I see blood... the wait is so hard. I can't help but think I may have low progesterone or that my DH needs a sperm test. All of this is so emotionally draining...

Trying to stay positive but my willpower is running out. :cry:

Hey pretty ladies! I am trying to catch up on everything that's been going on since I left for my trip earlier in the week. I came back today and despite what my FF said, I decided to test today at 10 DPO instead of sunday at 12 DPO... I know I shouldn't have. BFN has me all upset.

I have cramping, PMS and fatigue so I think AF is on her way... she is due Sunday. On a positive note though, it still may be a little early to test... I am a late ovulater so maybe I should wait until I see blood... the wait is so hard. I can't help but think I may have low progesterone or that my DH needs a sperm test. All of this is so emotionally draining...

Trying to stay positive but my willpower is running out. :cry:

Hang in there lovely. It's such a tough journey but you're not out until there's blood and it'll all be worth it in the end.

It might be worth discussing your options with a dr, just so you know what (if anything) you can do. Good luck!

Afm - I'm 9dpo. Played in a netball/basketball tournament today and I am exhausted! Not going to record my symptoms yet because not sure what is due to the tourney. Might be time for a nap!

OMG GIRLLLLL!!!!! CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you hun!!! Go to your dr. ASAP to get bloodwork and they can see if you're low progesterone or not and put you on a supplement to help keep your sticky bean!!!! SOOO EXCITING!!! Keep us updated :hugs:

Thanks Genna! I have a doctor appointment on Tuesday. Not sure what she will be able to do this early, but we will see! Best of luck to you in the next few days. I will be thinking of you!

Congrats Mdub!!! Keep the hope going Genna! It's not over till she shows. FingersX for you!

AF is now over, and it's CD6. I went ahead and purchased preseed, softcups, and maca pills for DH. I'm trying to pull out all the tricks to helps us get a BFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->