August Hopefuls? [TTC August 2013 Thread]

The title says it all. Got AF yesterday confirmed by a temp drop today and negative HPT. So devastated because this month we were so precise with everything.

I'm worried I have low progesterone and bad egg quality / short LP based on what I have read. Ovulating late and then only 10 days until my AF doesn't allow a baby to implant and stick.

Sick of the waiting, disappointment, sadness. This should be a happy time.

The title says it all. Got AF yesterday confirmed by a temp drop today and negative HPT. So devastated because this month we were so precise with everything.

I'm worried I have low progesterone and bad egg quality / short LP based on what I have read. Ovulating late and then only 10 days until my AF doesn't allow a baby to implant and stick.

Sorry missgenna :hugs: have you tried B vits for your LP?

Congrats on your bfp mdub!!

I am 8DPO today, I was silly and tested yesterday and no surprise :bfn:, may test again tomorrow as I have a few ICs!

I'm so sorry Genna! :hugs: to you
Have you asked the doctor about your progesterone?

I'm so sorry Genna! :hugs: to you
Have you asked the doctor about your progesterone?

Thank you sweet girl. It's such a devastating feeling. I talked to my Dr. when I went to see her last month and told her my LP's are 9-10 days and I have late ovulation and she just kind of blew it off. I know she was trying to be optimistic - she said "you've been pregnant before so you will again". But I miscarried. What if there really is a problem?

She was just looking at me like I am crazy when I started asking about tests and stuff. She said "you're so young what's the rush? Just give it time" ... I told her right now is the time, and time is of the essence because of work. But she just said "keep trying"... :cry:

Ugh that is so frustrating Genna. You know your body best.....have you thought about going to a different doctor to get a second opinion?
I know this was your first month of temping, maybe after a few months you will start to see a pattern which might help you with your O times. Not sure if that's one of the problems here, but don't give up. Keep doing your charting so you have more things to show your doctor.

Heads up! (Way easier said than done) I know the feeling all too well. I guarantee you will figure things out. :hugs:

Ugh that is so frustrating Genna. You know your body best.....have you thought about going to a different doctor to get a second opinion?
I know this was your first month of temping, maybe after a few months you will start to see a pattern which might help you with your O times. Not sure if that's one of the problems here, but don't give up. Keep doing your charting so you have more things to show your doctor.

Heads up! (Way easier said than done) I know the feeling all too well. I guarantee you will figure things out. :hugs:

Thanks girl - I went back to the other dr today. I will post a general response for everyone else who cares to see.

How was your appointment????

Went back to the other doctor today (the one who was monitoring me throughout my blighted ovum pregnancy) because I wanted a second opinion (and because I know she is an advocate for testing while my original Dr. is more of an optimist).

Based on my acne flareups and other things I told her about my cycles (short LP, late ovulation, cramps whole cycle, high LH / multiple postive OPK's in a row, etc.), she thinks I have PCOS... She took a bunch of blood to run tests for my thyroid and hormones etc. I need to come back 7 days after I ovulate and take more blood and then those tests can tell her if I did or didn't ovulate, and if I need to take meds.

She thinks I need to go on birth control for 2-3 cycles and then come off of it and take clomid. She says a lot of fertility Dr.'s do that because birth control regulates you. Ughh. I just don't want to wait any longer.

Also she said if it is PCOS I have to change my whole diet. I am not the typical PCOS'er. I am skinny with a low BMI. To lower my sugars, she said no carbs. Only protein and veggies, BUT I have to eat way more calories. It's going to be really tough. Ugh. AND I REALLY do NOT want to go back on BC...

:dohh:

Went back to the other doctor today (the one who was monitoring me throughout my blighted ovum pregnancy) because I wanted a second opinion (and because I know she is an advocate for testing while my original Dr. is more of an optimist).

Based on my acne flareups and other things I told her about my cycles (short LP, late ovulation, cramps whole cycle, high LH / multiple postive OPK's in a row, etc.), she thinks I have PCOS... She took a bunch of blood to run tests for my thyroid and hormones etc. I need to come back 7 days after I ovulate and take more blood and then those tests can tell her if I did or didn't ovulate, and if I need to take meds.

She thinks I need to go on birth control for 2-3 cycles and then come off of it and take clomid. She says a lot of fertility Dr.'s do that because birth control regulates you. Ughh. I just don't want to wait any longer.

Also she said if it is PCOS I have to change my whole diet. I am not the typical PCOS'er. I am skinny with a low BMI. To lower my sugars, she said no carbs. Only protein and veggies, BUT I have to eat way more calories. It's going to be really tough. Ugh. AND I REALLY do NOT want to go back on BC...

Sorry to hear that, I suppose at least then you know what you need to do although it must be frustrating having to wait :(

I have sometimes wondered if I have pcos as I usually have late O like you irregular cycles and some of the other symptoms like thick black hair on belly (yuk!) but scared to open up a can of worms!

Well :witch: got me today so on to the next cycle....

I know that the feeling of putting it off longer really sucks. But think, if this IS the problem, than by being active about it, in reality, will get you to your desired end result faster. At least this Doctor is being active and trying to figure out the problem rather than just saying "keep trying, give it time".

I don't know, what's your gut feeling about everything? You know you best!

Hugs to you. You will get through it all! :hugs:

Thanks girl - I went back to the other dr today. I will post a general response for everyone else who cares to see.

Thank you so much for asking about my appointment. It went fine - it was really too early to tell much. But she did say it looks like it's in the right spot. She said that this time around she wants to do more genetic testing since my miscarriage was chromosomal. She is recommending me to get a CVS done, which is an invasive genetic testing at 10-11 weeks. I've been reading about it and there is a 1% chance that the testing can cause a miscarriage. That scares me. I know it's a low number, but the though of another miscarriage tears me apart. I don't know what to do. I have a few weeks to decide (only at 5 weeks now). We will talk to a genetic counselor in a few weeks and hopefully he/she can help us make a decision. ugh. I'm just trying not to stress.

Yikes!!! AF is supposed to come tomorrow. If i don't start I think im going to hold off testing for a few days. I think I O'd later then I was supposed to. This cycle I haven't had any symptoms. Which is weird. I just started getting sore breasts last night which makes me thinks I'm going to start. But I usually get cramping three or four days before. However, I started taking maca pills almost a month ago and those are supposed to help with fertility and reduce cramping. So, maybe they did their job with the cramping.

If I do get a BFN I want to stop trying. It's been almost 2 years of actively trying and im getting restless and hopeless. The only thing is, im not sure my brain will let me stop thinking im trying to conceive and I won't be able to relax and put it out of my mind.

I feel the exact same way. October will be a year of ttc for us and I told dh that if im not pregnant this month that we are done trying. Pretty much what hes been telling me the last couple months. He believes it will happen when we least expect it, so I say why not. I just hope I can turn off my brain. FX for you this month!

Thank you so much for asking about my appointment. It went fine - it was really too early to tell much. But she did say it looks like it's in the right spot. She said that this time around she wants to do more genetic testing since my miscarriage was chromosomal. She is recommending me to get a CVS done, which is an invasive genetic testing at 10-11 weeks. I've been reading about it and there is a 1% chance that the testing can cause a miscarriage. That scares me. I know it's a low number, but the though of another miscarriage tears me apart. I don't know what to do. I have a few weeks to decide (only at 5 weeks now). We will talk to a genetic counselor in a few weeks and hopefully he/she can help us make a decision. ugh. I'm just trying not to stress.

How have you been feeling girl?

I believe I'm 1 dpo, time will tell. Hoping the preseed & softcups have helped.

:dust:
I believe I'm 1 dpo, time will tell. Hoping the preseed & softcups have helped.

Thank you hun! How have you been? Hanging in there I hope? I was depressed for about a week after my last BFN. I got better once AF came and went.

Thanks for checking on me love! I am trying to hang in there just waiting for O! It is later this month that it has been the last 3 months. I'm on CD21 today but finally got a flashing smiley and a TON of EWCM (I know TMI!) Just crossing my fingers. I am out of the "safe" zone for work - I will be having a baby in the middle of busy season if I get pregnant this month, but I am just hoping I even get pregnant, at this rate. <3

Good luck missgenna!

I'm very similar - just waiting to o. Cd18, no flashing smiley.

Am drowning my sorrows atm, hope this is our month xx

Hay ladies looking for a bit of help ! I'm on my second round of clomid I havt temped or opk just tried to relax . I'm cd22 and I decided to test this morning. I know far to early but I got the faintest line my oh said its a line. Did a second one but nothing . Anyone else done this ??? :hugs:

Xxxxx

Hay ladies looking for a bit of help ! I'm on my second round of clomid I havt temped or opk just tried to relax . I'm cd22 and I decided to test this morning. I know far to early but I got the faintest line my oh said its a line. Did a second one but nothing . Anyone else done this ??? :hugs:

Xxxxx

Hi Hun! Welcome! My next step is clomid - how is it?

Are you referring to a line on a preg test? I would say a line is a line. But if it's not there now - I would wait a couple days and try again. Or sadly it might be from the clomid. Good luck and keep us updated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->