August Sunbeams!

I've picked a gray color that has a hint of pink to it. We are doing gray and light pink bedding, so I think it will look lovely.

What colors are everyone doing?

I wish we weren't renting otherwise I'd love to paint the nursery, but the landlord says the walls must remain white. For what we can control (furniture, clothes, bedding etc) we're going for natural wood finishes with green and dark blue fabrics. I quickly grew sick of light blue after looking at other boy nursery color schemes and so we're leaning more toward richer, darker colors.

awe those are gonna be so pretty!!!

mine is going to be green and yellow with some wall decals. Trying not to panic over here, I've had a lot of decreased movement the last 2 days. I'm gonna call my doc in the morning but its really got me freaked out tonight. She's usually moving around a lot after I eat or drink something but all today nothing ...

I hope everything is okay and she's just having a growth spurt (I've heard they can be less active during them) or maybe kicking in a spot where you can't feel her. :hugs:

Hey ladies! Just wanted to say Hello! Everything is still going great here! I'm craving watermelon! lol I go May 18th for my Glucose testing - fingers crossed I pass test#1. I love being pregnant so far! It is such a blessing!

All your colors sounds pretty!

swimmy - I hope the decreased movement is just baby resting up. <3 I'll have days where I don't feel mine as much, I think it depends on what position she's in.

srobbins - Good luck! Hubby bought us some watermelon the other day and it's been tasting lovely :D

Of course the moment I called my doc she's been jumping away lol probably just growing or something ugh.

Srobbins - oooohhh watermelon yummmm, that and celery I can't get enough! Fingers crossed on your test, was it super yucky to drink? I don't have my glucose test scheduled yet, I see my doc in 2 weeks before I leave for vacation and will schedule everything then.

Happy mothers day to everyone! I was shocked how many people said that to me today. I guess I didn't think of myself as a mom yet (except to my wonderful dogs lol).

Of course the moment I called my doc she's been jumping away lol probably just growing or something ugh.

Srobbins - oooohhh watermelon yummmm, that and celery I can't get enough! Fingers crossed on your test, was it super yucky to drink? I don't have my glucose test scheduled yet, I see my doc in 2 weeks before I leave for vacation and will schedule everything then.

I go next Wednesday for my glucose test. They said it just taste like sugar water... we will see! lol I will let you know how it is. We are going to the beach for our Baby Moon the end of this month and I can't wait! :happydance:

Hope everyone had a good Mother's Day!

I refused the crappy drink and got my glucose monitor yesterday. They gave me a free sample one with tons of strips, so I just need to get some lancets and I'm all set. Doc is letting me test my fasting blood sugar in the morning for 2 weeks instead. Don't start that for a couple weeks yet. Tested my sugar last night and it was completely normal, so I'm thinking this whole thing is a waste of time.

Good for you fairycat! I wish I had refused the drink... it made me so so sick afterward and I have been on a paleo diet for over two years so I think it might have put me into sugar shock... my numbers were terrible, automatic diagnosis of gd :cry: now I'm going to have to monitor my bs too and might need insulin before baby comes (I'll be getting my bs monitor next week)... now I'm back in the high risk category and have to change which hospital I deliver at, Dr's appts out the wazoo, you name it. Trying to take things one day at a time and remind myself it's not my fault, gd just happens. :(

Kuawen - ugh I am so sorry :( I hope you don't need insulin. I'm sure because your not use to drinking all that sugar your body freaked out. I've had patients do that in the hospital so many times. Nothing you could have done to prevent it. End goal is just a happy health baby :) Sending you hugs.

Got some crappy news the other day. Turns out my work as of this year no longer pays for maturity leave and our short term disability barely pays anything. Thank goodness I have a savings account. We will be super tight but I really want to take 12 weeks of leave. In the end its just money I won't be able to gain that time back with my baby if I don't take it. Just need to keep reminding myself that.

Aw swimmy that's awful! :nope: I'm so sorry your work pulled maternity leave coverage out from under you! :hugs:

Ack, that stinks about maternity leave!!

Kuawen - I agree, it's probably because you never have that much sugar. I mean, who does!?? I just don't think it's an accurate way to diagnose. I hate doctors.

hey gals :) not looking forward to my glucose test. I'm getting it next week yuck! fingers cross I pass and don't throw up because I hate sugar drinks.

Do you guys know of a polite way to ask people not to touch your belly? I feel like I have no personal bubble anymore. Heck when i was out the other night with my friends as the DD some creepy drunk guy walked over and started touching my belly saying how hot pregnant women are ... EWW!

How is everyone doing?

I can think of plenty not-polite ways to tell someone not to touch the bump. I would have smacked that perverted drunk so hard he would be instantly sober. Ack!

Thankfully I can still count on one hand the number of times I've been touched without the person asking for permission first. Also thankfully all but one of these times have been from a family member lol. The other was a coworker of DH's and I made sure to keep my distance from him afterward. I've also found that having my own hand on my bump when meeting new people makes it easier for me to sort of guard myself, to move my hand into the way of theirs. This is usually enough to get the point across without having to say anything.

DH woke up with a fever of 102 this morning :nope: it's looking like he's got the flu, despite having gotten the shot back in October just before the ivf cycle. It must be a different strain, and he was telling me last night that it's going around his workplace. Ugh. Now I'm terrified that I might catch it too and risk losing this baby so close to finally meeting him. :cry:

I've only had 1 person touch without asking or without permission, and it was super weird - but I knew the lady at least. I can't imagine a drunken perv, eww! I would've smacked his hand outta there!

But if you're looking for polite - I just tell people that baby is sleeping (so they wouldn't be able to feel anything anyway). I have people hinting they'd like a touch, but baby *is* always sleeping when people ask. Heck, I've tried to get a coworker to feel, and baby stops moving by the time she gets to my desk. It's really pointless for people to feel. I swear they sense other people's presence or strange voices and go hide.

Doing well here. I start my blood sugar testing from home on Thursday. We have our 2D, 3D, & 4D ultrasound on Saturday. Then next doc appointment next Wednesday. Moving right along! How are you guys?

Kuawen - thats scary I'm so sorry your DH is sick. I didn't realize there was an increase in late MC with the flu. Hopefully you do not catch it, is there maybe a friend you could stay with for a little while to decrease the risk?

fairycat - can't wait to see your pictures!! Is there a reason they are doing them during the third trimester?

I'm definitely gonna have to try the hand on the belly trick and saying that shes sleeping. Its funny whenever DH tries to feel her move she stops every time lol. Getting ready to go on our trip thursday. Not super looking forward to it, sense it will pretty much be everyone getting drunk in Vegas but I keep reminding myself that there is a pool and sunshine that I can hang and read a book. :) Also a little TMI but has anyone had any nipple discharge? I noticed some the other day and it caught me off guard. I've had a breast reduction a few years ago and was told I probably wouldn't be able to breast feed.

It's not so much the flu I'm afraid of, but the fever that comes with it. Being labeled high risk already I'm scared that anything could land me in the hospital :nope:

I have experienced some discharge! Just little drops here or there, but I called DH in so excited the first time I saw it :haha: amazing to see our bodies changing in order to nourish our LO's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->