August Sunbeams!

Nice bump shot! There have been a couple times this week my skin has itched and ached so I'm sure my bump is growing but I've only recently started measuring weekly to document any growth.

Btw, is that a pug in your picture swimmy?? I love pugs :kiss:

I haven't measured maybe I should. that is a pug :) hes my shadow lol, I adopted him he was an abused/neglect case. So i snatched him up, no one wanted him sense he was old :( we also have a senior chocolate lab and they seem to get along ok. Not sure how our pug is going to handle a baby he kind of is the baby haha

Hey guys! So glad to see familiar names in here still! I have been on in a long time. I took a break from the forum in early pregnancy as I was finding everything too much. I don't know if anyone remembers me :)

To reintroduce myself...

In September 2015, by beautiful baby girl passed from SIDS just into her 5th day. We're devestated and keep her s huge part of our lives. We know we're blessed that she's still alive in so many ways other than physically. We'd already spoken when our little girl was a day old about baby number two and in November just went for it.
We were blessed again to conceive first try, and I am now 17+2 with our rainbow, a baby girl! The reason k went off is because we had a few early bleeds and things were a bit scary bit all okay and healthy and kicking away now. I've been really needing the support of other rainbow mamas around me so decided to come back. Hi! ☺️💛

Welcome Smiley! :flower: so very sorry for your loss, and congratulations on reaching 17 weeks with your rainbow girl! :hugs:

Swimmy, I love rescue stories. It's really awesome that you brought your little pug into your heart when no one else wanted him :hugs: senior dogs and cats need so much care and love. I hope he adjusts to the baby without any issues. I have a senior kitty myself but she's such a cuddle bug that I'm fairly sure she'll take to our LO just fine, whenever he's quiet anyway lol

hey smiley I do remember you :) welcome back to the group! I'm so glad everything turned out ok, bleeding is so scary in pregnancy. and congrats to also being team PINK!!!

Thank guys <3 I'm so chuffed to be team pink again! I always thought I'd want boys, but I just love having my little girls! How are yous all finding the second trimester? I'm still being sick!

still sick too :( but not as bad so I count the blessing. Still pretty sleepy, I really want to get off working 7p-7a shifts i use to love it but now its just making me a very crabby person.

No MS here anymore, but with my steadily growing middle movement is getting harder and harder. Lots of aches and pains but so worth it to know my little guy is growing

I'm still super sleepy too, bump is getting huge. I'm the size I was at about 25 weeks with my first daughter. Struggling to get up and around but the sickness is waning off a bit. August seems forever away &#128532;

had a scary last few days. While at work the other night, I had some pretty intense cramping and bleeding. The ER showed that the baby was fine (thank goodness). It looks like when I got into my car accident last week it caused some clots to form in my cervix that forced themselves out. But my potassium and sodium levels were dangerously low, so they admitted me for observation. Its just been a long few days. I'm just glad baby is ok it had me so worried.

Oh swimmy I'm so sorry you've had such a rough couple of days! :hugs: I'm so relieved to hear your baby is okay despite the cramping and bleeding! I hope the observation doesn't find anything seriously wrong!

Well confirmed she is a girl and a very active little girl. She weighs 9 oz. :baby:

Attachments

• edited pic.jpg
    edited pic.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 2
Welcome back Smiley! I remember you too. Congrats on team pink!

swimmy - that's scary about the bleeding and cramping. I've had some bleeding with this pregnancy too and know how nerve wracking it is. I'm glad it's just your cervix and baby is fine. Lovely bump too!

srobbins - congrats on team pink and an active baby!

Our baby girl has become pretty active in the past week, and I can feel lots of stuff now! She's constantly moving, so I'm able to distinguish when she's awake and when she's sleeping. It's cool to feel, but at the same time grosses me out a bit. Sometimes it makes me nauseous because I think about it too much lol Less than 2 weeks til the anatomy scan, I'm excited!

Congrats on confirmation for team pink, srobbins! :happydance:

And so happy for you to be feeling so much movement, fairycat! It is pretty crazy to be able to tell when they're awake or asleep. Just this morning my LO must have been stretching because I felt pressure on both sides of my bump like it was trying to stretch sideways. SO weird! And I caught him having the hiccups on the doppler yesterday. I can't wait until he's big enough that I can feel him having hiccups :cloud9:

I've felt baby girl have hiccups once.. it's the strangest feeling! lol That'd be so awesome to hear on the doppler!! What does it sound like?

They sounded like a little 'click' in a slightly slower rhythm than his heart. At first I thought it might have been my heartbeat but it was too fast; then after listening to some sound clips online from other ladies I found out they were hiccups! Poor little guy seemed rather upset about them too, he kept squirming and kicking while it was happening :haha:

Swimmy - what a scare, so glad all is ok! How are you doing and feeling now? Hope you've got your feet up and lots of Easter eggs!

Kuawen - awww how lovely, my dd used to get hiccups loads when I was pregnant with her and it was such a funny feeling!! The bigger they get the more you feel it.

Fairy - just wait till you can see hands and feet and limbs poking out haha.

Welcome back smiley - glad all is well.

I've got a cold and sort throat so feeling sorry for myself and comforting with chocolate!! Counting down to our 20 week scan on Thursday and praying all is ok with our little one x

I took 5 days off work and pretty much just did nothing. The weather was bad so i knitted some baby stuff, and watched way too much netflix haha. My family came out for easter this weekend, we made food played games. It was really nice to have my nana here. I'm trying to convince them all to move closer to me haha.

It's funny you guys were talking about hiccups. I used my doppler the other day, and thought something was wrong. I was finding the heart beat but it sounded way to fast like there was an extra noise in there. I waited and listed again the next day and it was back to normal. I wonder if that's what it was.

Anatomy scan in on Weds hoping baby cooperates, and that they say its still a girl haha, DH has said a few times that they could be wrong in the scan before.... at least he's coming around and getting more excited about a girl.

Glad all is okay now swimmy! I had bleed earlier on and it freaked me out so much. I can't wait to get past 24 weeks and relax a little (viability)

My anatomy scan isn't until the 15th &#128584; Its so far away! I'll be 21+4!?

Mrs W - hands and feet poking out scare me!!! lol I'm not prepared for it, but I know it will happen.

Kuawen - I'll have to go listen to some sounds clips now! Baby had the hiccups again this morning, but I was at work so couldn't take a listen :(

I'm feeling baby much higher up today than normal. Either she grew tons overnight or she got stronger overnight lol. Either way I'm totally starving to death. Counting down the days til next Wednesday's anatomy scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->