August Sunbeams!

Really nervous, has anyone ever been told they have low amniotic fluid levels at their anatomy scan? I was averaging about 8.5 but they want it above 12. She said if I haven't come up by my next week repeat scan that I will need to be taken off work and we might need a new plan .... im really freaked out. I don't want to lose her :(

I'm so sorry to hear this troubling news for you swimmy :hugs: There was no mention of my amniotic fluid levels at my scan, so I can only assume they were normal (though the tech did complain that my bladder 'wasn't full enough' despite me drinking the full 32oz before beginning). I think the best thing to do would be to try and get as much rest as possible (feet off the ground) and drinking lots of fluids. My understanding is that while pregnant we need to be drinking a minimum of 8 - 8oz glasses a day plus an additional 8oz glass for every hour of moderate exercise. Even more if the weather is warm where you are. My understanding is that being dehydrated can make a big difference in amniotic fluid levels. Dehydration is of course not the only cause of low amniotic fluid but it's the one we have the most control over. I hope your repeat scan shows a better fluid level so you can rest easy :hugs:

swimmy - I haven't, but a girl in my March group was told she had low fluid. She had to drink a whole lot more water, and when she was rechecked it was all normal again. Drink your water :)

Im drinking water like its going out of style lol trying not to panic too much, (but I really stink at that lol) thanks gals for letting me vent

Hey, anytime! I hope your fluid goes back to normal so you can relax. I'd be freaking out too!

Swimmy sorry to hear about your fluid levels, it can be so upsetting and frightening when Drs talk straight cold facts with us. There are so many positive stories on the forum though, hopefully all will be fine. Rest lots and look after yourself.

I had my scan on Thursday and was absolutely terrified after our low Papp a diagnosis and higher risk of Down's, but baby was absolutely fine! No markers or issues seen and we now feel like a huge weight has been lifted. X

So happy to hear that baby doesn't have the markers for downs, mrsW! :hugs: :happydance:

hey gals, sorry haven't been checking in for a while. Repeat anatomy scan went good yesterday. Fluid levels have stayed up, baby is over a 1lb now and I don't need anymore scans! yay!!!! She is already so sassy, anytime the poor tech tried to get pictures or a good heart rate she would move or rollover lol. We got our crib today :) and are painting the dresser this weekend. I like that the room is coming together even though it is so early.

Anyone else have any good tips for getting rid of heartburn? mine is insane.

So glad to hear this good news, swimmy! :wohoo:

Ohh the heartburn! Just last weekend I was suffering worse than I ever have before. I have no idea what it is I ate or did that caused it, but I had horrible heartburn for 3 days straight. Usually I chew a couple of tums and it goes away, but this time tums didn't even touch it. By Monday I was desperate so I called the nurse line at my ob and they let me know that zantac is safe to take. I took 1 extra strength and the heartburn hasn't returned! Though in my days of suffering I learned a few things that help me to prevent it from coming back. I make sure not to lie down for 2 to 3 hours after eating, and chewing sugar free gum after a meal has also been a lifesaver. I didn't know this, but apparently chewing gum can help to neutralize the stomach acid. lol dh immediately went and got me packs and packs of it so I don't run out any time soon. I hope some of these tips might help you too!

Swim my that's brilliant news, so pleased for you!! Your baby is trouble already, just like mine!!

Ouch to the heartburn, I've been lucky to escape that so far and didn't have it last time either. Hope you guys get some relief from it soon.

I had a scare last week with spotting, midwives said it's likely my low lying placenta and I may get more bleeding. Hoping it doesn't happen though, it's terrifying to see.

24 weeks tomorrow, will be a big relief to hit viability!

Yay swimmy, good to hear!!

My reflux has been awful too. A good probiotic will help a ton, I swear by it. I also live on Tums at night. Watching your diet, not too many fatty, acidic or spicy foods. Carbonation always does it for me too.

I'm so sorry to hear about the spotting scar, Mrs W :hugs: congrats on V-day tomorrow!

Kuawen - i have started taking zantac daily and it has gotten much better. Gonna go buy some gum lol. Tums haven't done much the last few weeks but i keep trying them every once and a while. Thanks for the tips :)

Mrs W - im sorry about your scare! that can be so scary, I had some spotting/bleeding after sex a few weeks ago, really freaked me out. My doctor had us laughing and said sex was safe just to tone it down a little :haha:

Anyone working on their baby rooms yet?

So glad the tips helped! :thumbup:

We've started working on the baby's room. Got most of the big furniture taken care of in fact. FIL got a great deal on a gliding rocker for $25 at a thrift store, and I found a nice tall dresser for storing clothes. The nursery theme is going to be space/star wars so my mom is sewing us some curtains and we've got some posters to hang. The best thing is that my dad, who has been doing wood working for as long as I can remember, volunteered to make the crib. It's 100% solid oak, and is made to convert to a toddler and eventually a twin bed as our son grows up :cloud9: it should be ready to go in the nursery sometime next month.

Although we've got the big items, we are really dragging on buying all the little things like clothes, swing, toys, etc. There's still that part of me that is afraid to put everything together and then something horrible happen and have this room full of painful items... but dh has convinced me to at least start to do some shopping next month, as we've passed the viability milestone without incident and my bump is getting big enough that I tire easily.

I picked out a paint color last night, that was huge for me. After we paint I'll start getting our room ready.

24 weeks tomorrow, eek!:happydance:

Kuawen - thats a great price for a rocker!! and your crib sounds amazing. we also have a custom crib that my aunt and uncle are not using anymore. Got to love hand-me-downs lol have you thought about thrift store shopping for cloths? I've found so much for such great prices. A place by my house has all sorts of kid cloths 1.50$ and under and a lot still have tags on them.

Fairycat - yay for picking a color!!what did you end up going with?

Oh yea we definitely plan to raid our local thrift stores (of which there are many, even one within walking distance of our place) and consignment stores for gently used baby items. I have to admit I am a little excited to see what we find.

Yesterday at the grocery store I was looking at all the Mothers Day stuff and couldn't stop grinning. We've had quiet, subdued Mother's Days for the past 3 years but this year (even though our little one is still in my belly and some would argue my first true Mother's day is next year) we plan to celebrate! I can't believe I get to be 'Mom', finally! :wohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->