August Sunbeams!

If I ever get pregnant again, you better believe I won't be telling my parents again. They respected our wishes last time, but we never had a heartbeat... I guess that was the difference. Still pissed me off. Just trying to tell myself everything is not as bad as it seems. Ugh.

Yoga pants are just stretchy pants people wear to do yoga. Standard yoga pants can be flared leg or straight leg, and they have those big bands around the top that fold down - most have color/designs on them. Although now anything can be considered yoga pants since the stupid leggings fad came into style again.

Hi ladies. Would it be okay if I joined? This is my sixth pregnancy and hopefully my first healthy take home baby. My husband and I did our first IVF cycle after a history of chemical and ectopic pregnancies and it took on the first try. We had our second ultrasound this Wednesday and saw a very active little gummi bear measuring right on time from my transfer date. I admit I've been following this thread for a little while but was afraid to join until it was looking a little more certain for me. My EDD is August 8th

Hi ladies. Would it be okay if I joined? This is my sixth pregnancy and hopefully my first healthy take home baby. My husband and I did our first IVF cycle after a history of chemical and ectopic pregnancies and it took on the first try. We had our second ultrasound this Wednesday and saw a very active little gummi bear measuring right on time from my transfer date. I admit I've been following this thread for a little while but was afraid to join until it was looking a little more certain for me. My EDD is August 8th

Absolutely you're welcome! I think we can all relate to a little trepidation in discussing our pregnancies early on. Congratulations on your good news!

You're very welcome to join! I understand completely about the hesitation of becoming pregnant after a loss or recurrent loss.

Welcome :) im glad your scans have been perfect!

Fairycat - I had to tell my mom right around Christmas when I found out. She was pushing me to "join the party" and drink. So I pulled her aside and told her, and she was super negative and nasty about it. Took me completely by suprize. Saying things like I was barley pregnant and I didn't need to be changing everything in my life until I knew for sure around 12 weeks. Or that I would regret not having fun WHEN i miscarried again. Odviously I haven't updated her any further or told her about my ultrasounds. I'm sorry your family told people before asking that isn't fair you guys should get to do that. People at work know im pregnant (only because there are certain patients you can't take care of pregnant), and my 2 best friends know. I'm still not sure if I want to tell the rest of my family at 12 weeks after my moms reaction. When do you all plan on telling?

Oh my goodness swimmy, I'm so sorry your mom's reaction was so cruel :( dh and I chose to tell my folks at Christmas, at a family Christmas party because there was a chance they might not take it well but we were pleasantly surprised... I'm praying my parents will make better grandparents than they did parents. Then we announced on Facebook for family and friends who live far away. I hope that if or when you decide to tell, that it is received with the joy it deserves :hugs:

When I first told my dad we were expecting again, he was pretty foul to me too. He asked me why I would want to go through another pregnancy again after I had lost three babies in a row. "Don't you ever learn your lesson?" is what he said to me. I'm just happy that this baby turned out to be ok at the ultrasound and I rubbed it in his face. My parents are the only ones we told until the ultrasound, then my mom decided to tell my grandma and aunts/uncles. It made me mad. She's like "I hope you don't mind my telling everyone." I'm thinking... um... yeah I do! But because she was my mother I had to bite my tongue and act like I didn't care. Needless to say, I gave the ok for DH to tell his family since most of mine will already know, thanks to my mother. I'm praying that nothing goes wrong now because the only ones that won't know will be my friends on Facebook. I think I'm going to wait until Valentine's Day to make it Facebook official.

Welcome :) im glad your scans have been perfect!

Fairycat - I had to tell my mom right around Christmas when I found out. She was pushing me to "join the party" and drink. So I pulled her aside and told her, and she was super negative and nasty about it. Took me completely by suprize. Saying things like I was barley pregnant and I didn't need to be changing everything in my life until I knew for sure around 12 weeks. Or that I would regret not having fun WHEN i miscarried again. Odviously I haven't updated her any further or told her about my ultrasounds. I'm sorry your family told people before asking that isn't fair you guys should get to do that. People at work know im pregnant (only because there are certain patients you can't take care of pregnant), and my 2 best friends know. I'm still not sure if I want to tell the rest of my family at 12 weeks after my moms reaction. When do you all plan on telling?

OMG that's super awful!!! What kind of person says that to you!? I am so sorry she did that :( That must've made you feel completely horrible. I hope the rest of your family is excited for you. I hate when people think you aren't *really* pregnant until you're showing or something. The first few months are the most critical time in development.

We'll tell people around 12 weeks, probably. I'm dying to tell everyone, but we're still not completely comfortable yet.

When I first told my dad we were expecting again, he was pretty foul to me too. He asked me why I would want to go through another pregnancy again after I had lost three babies in a row. "Don't you ever learn your lesson?" is what he said to me. I'm just happy that this baby turned out to be ok at the ultrasound and I rubbed it in his face. My parents are the only ones we told until the ultrasound, then my mom decided to tell my grandma and aunts/uncles. It made me mad. She's like "I hope you don't mind my telling everyone." I'm thinking... um... yeah I do! But because she was my mother I had to bite my tongue and act like I didn't care. Needless to say, I gave the ok for DH to tell his family since most of mine will already know, thanks to my mother. I'm praying that nothing goes wrong now because the only ones that won't know will be my friends on Facebook. I think I'm going to wait until Valentine's Day to make it Facebook official.

Acccckkkk.. dads can be SO abrasive :( I swear they don't know how to be sensitive to feelings. On Thanksgiving when me and hubby had a huge fight, because he wasn't in the mood and I was ovulating and he went to bed the night before without even thinking about it, my dad made the stupidest comment to me. Hubby and I were fighting about conceiving, and I thought we were having trouble because it didn't happen the month before - he told me to "get over it" and I was "doing this to myself". However, in your dad's case he knew what was going on. I would've rubbed it in his face too!! But I could see my dad saying something like your dad did, but meaning it like he doesn't want to see you hurting again. Still completely insensitive!!

Acccckkkk.. dads can be SO abrasive :( I swear they don't know how to be sensitive to feelings. On Thanksgiving when me and hubby had a huge fight, because he wasn't in the mood and I was ovulating and he went to bed the night before without even thinking about it, my dad made the stupidest comment to me. Hubby and I were fighting about conceiving, and I thought we were having trouble because it didn't happen the month before - he told me to "get over it" and I was "doing this to myself". However, in your dad's case he knew what was going on. I would've rubbed it in his face too!! But I could see my dad saying something like your dad did, but meaning it like he doesn't want to see you hurting again. Still completely insensitive!!

Yeah, I think my dad was just saying he cares about me in a very insensitive way. Guys really don't know how to express their feelings without sounding disrespectful. Well, most guys, there are a few rarities. It was extremely rude and insensitive of your dad to tell you to "get over it". I would be furious! They just don't understand. Women go through a... I guess the only word I can think of is a broody time... where we want to start a family. We were given the gift to carry and bear children. I think that is why guys have a hard time understanding that because it is not their bodies that go through the changes ours do.

I'm sorry you guys also have had hard times with family members (but also glad someone understands). A few more family members know now. I came home for my uncles funerals this weekend and have been sick as a dog. So a few of my cousins know and my aunt and uncle. But they had a really hard time ttc and had a lot of losses so I know they won't say anything.

I was thinking around Valentine's Day I would let everyone know but I'm not really one to post stuff on fb I'll leave that up to my husband hahaha

Wow I'm so sorry you guys had to go through such hard times telling your family memebers. I feel like those are the people who I need in my life the most when I'm having a hard time. Especially with my losses. I told my mom right away and she's been super supportive. My dad knows and says that he is praying for a good turn out, says he guesses he's "ready" to be a grandparent. Must mean that he just thinks he's getting old lol. Waiting until after I hear a good heartbeat until I announce to anyone else. A few close friends know but mainly only the ones I work with so that they understand why I'm not feeling well and can't lift heavy objects.

I normally don't post much on Facebook either. The only friends I have are some old school friends and distant relations so it doesn't really matter to me that much if they know. Actually, I find it easier to tell everyone that way, then I don't have to make 100 phone calls lol.

Well thanks to my DH and me being insanely sick at my second uncles funeral today (yeah 2 uncles passed on the same day, not a fun start to the new year at all). I don't think we will have to tell anyone else. At the dinner afterwards I got sick in a trash can right outside. DH had had a few drinks and when someone made the joke about me being pregnant. He said yeah we got to see a heartbeat all ready .... ooohhhh if looks could kill lol. Oh well nothing I can do about it now.

Oh how annoying swimmy!!! Everyone needs to learn to control their excitement! Last time I was super tired and hubby was going around telling everyone I couldn't make it to things because I wasn't feeling well. I don't know why he said that, because I felt fine. Of course everyone asked if I was pregnant and he told them yes. I was so mad. He was even telling people after we had an abnormal ultrasound. I could've killed him!

Everything looks good. 170 bpm :) Due date is still August 19th.

Attachments

• 20160111_165547.jpg
    20160111_165547.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1
Ladies I have just read your posts. I can't believe so many of you have had a tough time with family members :hugs: I think that some people just don't realise what they are saying. Especially those who have never had a loss.

Srobbins great ultrasound! :thumbup:

Today I got my second lots of bloods back. Dr said they were now 27000 something. They were 7645 the week before. He is very happy with the numbers so I will take it that they are ok!?

Still feeling nervous especially as the nausea isn't progressing an awful lot. It's about the same if not less dorm days. But I know that there is still time and 7 weeks is still early days. HCG is going up so I need to trust my body

I have my 2nd u/s today in less than 3 hours! Hoping to get a heart rate since doc didn't measure it last time. I'm anxious to know that everything is ok. Hoping everything is still ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->