August Sunbeams!

congrats!! that's so exciting!

I have already made myself a nervous/upset one day after my good ultrasound. I'm right there with you guys. I feel like i need to be sick 24/7 to feel like things are going ok. Or if my boobs stop hurting for a few days I'm nervous. I'm sure all these nerves are not good for baby but its so hard not to! Thank goodness i have tomorrow off I plan on being a bum and sleeping most of it lol. Just need to get through my shift tonight. (12 hour nights are sooo hard when I'm this tired)

Bless you. I know what you mean I'm so nervous all the time that this baby is going to be stress ******ant by the time August rolls around. It's going to be worse for me when baby actually arrives. I don't know how I'm ever going to sleep. I guess I know that even if I were awake I couldn't have changed things for my daughter but the possibility is still haunting.

1hr til scan. Scared ��

I know, it feels like forever. I want to get past 7 weeks as then I feel like I got further than last time. I can imagine that being such a relief for you getting past the 7 week mark. Not long until your next scan too which is fab :thumbup:
If you don't mind me asking, what happened with lainey? I have no idea why any of mine stopped developing and kind of wish I did. Here they only find out on the 3rd loss.

Lainey just went haywire. We have no idea what happened either. :( It's hard not to get closure. The chromosome test came back completely normal, which I was shocked about. She was just this mass of tissue without a yolk sac or anything. She wasn't a molar, it came back as all pregnancy tissue. It's creepy to think I was carrying that around longer than I should have, because doc put me on progesterone and that kept her in. I have a thing against progesterone supplements now, unless progesterone was a problem before pregnancy.

That's so cruddy it takes 3 losses there to get any testing done. I'm sorry you've had no answers, that's the hardest part. Even with a test coming back normal, it's still hard to not know why.

Fairycat that must have been very hard to get your head around at the time :hugs: lucky it wasn't a molar pregnancy as they can be very complicated. It's strange how tests seem to come back 'normal' after losses. I agree with the progesterone thing, I have heard that it can keep non viable preganacies going whereas ey would end much sooner without.

Yeah is a bit annoying that they won't test here until after 3 losses. Well frustrating really. I found it so hard to accept the second time as literally had no answers.

theiska congrats on a fab scan! :happydance:

Smiley how did it go today. Hoping for good news! :flower:

Got my first results back. HCG levels were 7645 at 5+4 :happydance: so within range. I see the Gp next Tuesday for today's results. Fingers crossed!

Smiley hope your scan is great :)

Trying - yay for good levels!!! Can't wait to see what these next levels are.

Afm - I've kind of hit a calm in this again. (Sure I'll go back to nervous soon lol) but whatever is gonna happen will. Stress is just giving me grey hair haha. Yesterday I was sooo tired no joke I slept all day after work until 6 pm fell asleep by 1030 on the couch and didn't wake up until 5 this morning. Hope im not getting sick. Also random but have any of you tried the "hook" effect with pregnacy tests? I had to try it once lol

8 weeks today. At 6pm I'll hit my milestone and be the farthest I've been in pregnancy! Mostly excited for my 2nd scan on Tuesday, mixed with a little bit of nervous. I'm going out tonight and trying to find maternity pants. I bought a belly band last week, and it's starting to get uncomfortable already. I'm going to be huge by the time this is over :(

Fairy - yay for 8 weeks and passing your milestone, am sure your scan will be fine but understand the worry! Good luck shopping for mat pants.

Smiley - how did you get on lovely? Hoping for good news update from you soon xx

Swimmy - def stay in the calm zone if you can!! I haven't tried the hook effect, well I did a preg test yesterday as my dr asked me too and it was positive. Have you mixed with water?

Trying - great news on your betas!!

I saw my GP yesterday about all of the brow spotting I've been having and asked to be referred to the epu. Went to the epu this morning and they were brilliant, saw blob happily swimming about and heartbeat etc, all was fine, phew!! So I'm also in the calm zone..... For now!!! X

Had my scan today and we finally have some good news! After three back to back losses I think it is official to say that we're expecting baby #3! Scan showed baby measuring a bit ahead at 7w1d putting my due date at August 24th and a healthy heartbeat of 152 bpm. It was the most beautiful heartbeat, just flickering away on the screen!

Attachments

• DSCN0971copy.jpg
    DSCN0971copy.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 2
We got to scan 5 minutes late. Thanks DH.

It went really well. She was able to do an abdominal one, which is great because I was dreading a transvaginal one. I thought that meant that I might be 7w, but baby is measuring exactly 6w5d. Heartbeat 125 bpm. DH has been very emotional since. Lots of tears and very attentive, he even carried my heavy purse when we were headed back to parking lot to leave.

Another scan scheduled for Jan 21, at my first OB appt. I'll be 8w5d. Keeping fingers crossed.

They didn't give me any printed pictures. Instead she gave me CD that I'll have to take to a photo place to have printed, so I took one of the screen with my phone even though she told me that wasn't allowed lol.

Thanks for all the positive vibes, ladies. I appreciate you all.

Attachments

• 58b6d840-dcf3-4395-a433-cd6793746a4b.jpg
    58b6d840-dcf3-4395-a433-cd6793746a4b.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 7
Gypsy, Mrs W and lilmisscaviar congratulations on the scan!!! Awesome pictures :happydance: I really want to have mine now. Luckily only 11 days to go now 😊 I am seeing the GP before then to discuss my bloods so that will help to break up the time between now and the scan date.

Fairycat that's amazing that you are now passed where you had your second loss :thumbup: today is the day that my spotting started last time. Today nothing at all so feeling relived about that. Instead feeling nauseous! 😊

Fairycat that's amazing that you are now passed where you had your second loss :thumbup: today is the day that my spotting started last time. Today nothing at all so feeling relived about that. Instead feeling nauseous! 😊

Yes, it's great! I've only had 1 loss though, but I know what you meant :p

Great that you have no spotting today like last time and are nauseous! All great signs.

I've been having to wear a belly band with my jeans, because I am so freaking bloated it's not even funny. I look like I'm showing already. But this thing has got to go! I was going to wait until Tuesday's scan to buy maternity pants, but I absolutely cannot wait that long. I have great feelings our little jelly bean is still doing well, so I'm going to allow myself some comfort.

The nausea is def a great sign for me as never had it with my last two pregnancies. This one feels very different so far.
Comfort is very important even in the first trimester. I normally wear skinny high waisted jeans, but as they pull in my stomach I am finding them very uncomfortable, especially with the nausea. So will be living in leggings or lower cut jeans from now on. It's great that you have that positive feeling about your little bean 😊

I'm thinking of starting out with some yoga pants or something. Been looking at pics of maternity pants and I just hate those large bands. Everyone says they are super comfy though, so I don't know.

I hear so many people talking about yoga pants...... What are they?! Like jogging bottoms?

Mrs W. I still get a + test but it's a lot lighter than 2 weeks ago. But when I added water back to crazy dark. So weird lol. I got rid of all of my tests now and gave them to a friend who's still ttc. Yoga pants are like jogging bottoms but looser and very very comfortable.

So glad everyone is having such wonderful scans!! I can't wait for mine next one in 10 days. My DH commented on how my nipples look funny lol umm thanks hun. I don't feel like I can't fit in pants comfortably yet but I cant "suck in" my stomach anymore without it being uncomfortable. Thank goodness im a nurse and get to wear scrubs to work. I'm suposte to be going to Vegas in May for my moms birthday hoping maturity bathing suits arnt horrible or hard to find.

I am so pissed off at my parents!!!!!! Last night we were at hubby's grandparent's house for dinner, and his grandma told him that he heard from somebody that I was pregnant. Apparently my dad told somebody at church. We're just lucky the grandparents knew about it, because a lot of his family doesn't!! His grandma acted like she didn't know, because she knows she's not supposed to tell anyone. We've barely told anybody this time, and it makes me mad my parents are going around telling people that I really could care less if they know or not! So I text my mom and told her that we were NOT happy about it. She said they've been telling select people, and that she thought we were telling everyone after our ultrasound. NO CLUE where she got that idea, because I NEVER SAID THAT!!! I am so livid with them right now. They better not have told the rest of our family, because that's OUR news to tell, not theirs!! I've asked her about it and she's not getting back to me. And after last time, I don't want to have tons of people to explain to if we lose it! I am so upset. I was so excited to announce after our loss, and they freaking beat me to it.

Fairycat what are yoga pants? Are they like joggers but thinner? I kind of think I know what you mean. The band trousers do look very odd. They prob are comfy later on once you have a massive baby bump to support.
I recently lost loads of weight. Luckily I kept all of my old jeans and trousers as I can wear those when all my bottoms I have now get to small.
I feel so sorry about what your family have done. Your right, it is YOUR news to tell. Especially after having a loss you want to announce when the time is right and you want to be the ones to tell the news. You have every right to be mad.
We havnt told anyone in our family. Only my sister knows and my two best friends. Didn't want them all getting their hopes up incase they are crushed again

Fairycat, I'm so sorry about your parents. I'd be really upset too. The only person we have told IRL is, oddly enough, my ex husband, because the fatigue was keeping me from being the optimal mommy to our kiddos a couple weeks ago. He has been really great about keeping it to gimself, as far as I know. We told him we are keeping it from everyone else including the kids until I can't hide it anymore, whenever that is. I'm with you, after my miscarriage I can't deal with the thought of having to tell everyone if this pregnancy ends similarly. My SO and I aren't close to our respective parents, so not telling them was an easy decision, but keeping it from the kids is killing me...but they are 8,9, 10 and 10...no way could they keep quiet.

At this point I think I would deny deny deny if anyone said they heard I am pregnant lol. I usually don't lie, but right now it is self preservation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->