Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

Hey Loop!! Sorry bout the morning sickness! I hope it doesn't stick around.

And smithy - maybe this will be your 'angel' child - the rest have all really put you in the 'mum zone' lol this time will be smooth sailing from start to 18 years old and out the door! haha

For me this time round is different in that today & yesterday all day I have had mild cramping...Not painful in any way, not even twinges, just that yucky dull aching / cramping full feeling of AF time... very strange as I don't normally feel like it. I'm thinking I'm either going to have a super dooper Ov (if for some reason my chart has got it wrong, I'm still being cautious cos of the opks) or this is THE ONE!!!!!! (anything different in the early stages could mean a difference at the end?!?!?!?!

OMG - is there any thing better than watching a daddy play with his son? wow!

You too Pam :)

I really hope that this is the one squiggles :) I think the trifecta is enroute :happydance: I'm having buried butterflies in my tummy haha :) how are you? X

Lovely names for your nephews lainey! :) have you seen many photos yet? We're they super tiny being twins? Hope her delivery went well...love hearing people attempting natural deliveries with multiples! :)

Thanks squiggley, tbh I'm just really tired and trying to start relaxing after a few crazy months. We've all been sick for weeks and just generally run down, so hoping a relaxingish week will help. Really hope it's your month... And no I don't think there's anything more special than a daddy with his kids! I learned somewhere that apparently 20% of a mothers time is play based & 80%care, for a dad it's 80% play & 20% care. Just shows how much kids can miss out without dads around, of course I realise its not always possible & marriages break down, but my worst nightmare is that my kids would grow up without a dad. 2mums I'd be interested to hear how you & OH will work around this? Will your OH be more of a 'father figure' or will you be 2mums?? :) xx

I just saw pictures they are sooooooo beautiful :happydance: the first was 4 lb 10 and the second was 4 lb 5 :) she had them naturally and only pushed 3 times each and they popped out :) so happy for them xx

Wow those statistics are amazing :) :happydance:

Loop, when are you in Port Macquarie? It's where I'm from. weather is great....meant to be shitty this weekend, but improving next week I think!

Yeah, I think it's important for a lot of play time, but I don't necessarily a male that's important... the way I see it is that one person generally enforces the rules, the other is generally a bit more relaxed. I suppose men are better at keeping things simple, but I think between two of you it's easier to find a balance. would be hard to do it on your own!

Laineypop - I've got a good feeling about the trifecta this time too!! I'm excited cos everyone has evened up on O day, and it crept up & was fairly relaxed. Most times we sit here for a couple of weeks waiting for Ov all round!!

So cool that she had such a good birth. how long was she in labour?

Melainey: those names are very cute and I can't believe she had 2 naturally fair play to her and if you tell me she did it with just gas and air I might just cry and then give her a medal. Wow that is brilliant

Gorgeous names and shit they're tiny! Brendan was 4lb10 when i brought him home

Lainey- love the names, and so glad it all went well and everyone is healthy!!! :hugs: You're next up with twinnies!!! :dance:

I temped vaginally (for the three days in which i did temp) I found it easier, and some have said more accurate, but to each their own. I did have a separate thermometer for that, but wouldnt have an issue cleaning/santizing it and using in my mouth, we have about 4 others in the house so its just mine!

Amanda and Lucy- i hope the morning sickness doesnt get you both too much! I didnt have any, a few boughts of nauseas, i bought sprite/ginger ale and plain crackers to help, But i have to admit there were times that I wished I had some morning sickness so i didnt question to whether the pregnancy was sticking or not!

Lucy- I sort of agree with shell on this one. And even in hetero relationships sometimes the dad is more the caregiver and the mum the play one. But each partnership is different. I grew up with mum and dad, and it was terrible, their marriage was horrible, there was verbal, physical, and sexual abuse and I maintain I would have been better off, and was better off once it was just my mum and dad was out of the picutre. Every situation is different.

For my own specifically, OH and I spend a lot of time talking about how we will parent and discipline and run our family, and we're on the same page but definitely have different ways of doing things, as most partnerships bc people are different, and soley due to the fact I will be the stay at home mum, she will luckily get to slot into the play role and I will have the caregiver role, but being a woman she is keen and will be an amazing caregiver as well. And being active and into a lot of things we are excited to play, rough house, go to footy and soccor and do all the things that I guess normally a dad would do.

There's a happy medium in sharing the parenting roles, and we'll be no different.

In my eyes as long as there are two -even one [given relationship break downs, death, over seas work, deployment for army/navy etc] loving, compassionate, competent parent in the picture the kid has got it pretty good. So we will be 2 mums, each with our own roles, but with the focus being on providing a loving, caring, supportive, educational, safe home!

That all being said... I would have to agree, I LOVE seeing dads playing with their kids, its so endearing and a lovely thing to see! You have a great DH Shell, he obviousily loves and cherishes his time with DSS.

Sorry for the length of the post, its a hard thing to explain, and I try to do is the best and factually without getting emotional about it, but sometimes I fail, :haha:

Bad news on my aunts front, her uturus is trying to push through the incision from her surgery, which apparently runs from breast bone to pubic bone, and that can really only mean that the cancer is, as thought would happen, growing rapidly and expanding, and not allowing the incision to heal, and without healing properly she can't start the new chemo, so just more waiting to see what the next few days bring.

I shared our news with our family, apparently didnt share enough... I'm not sure everyone was aware we ttc and apparently my cousin called my uncle asking how did that happen!? :rofl::rofl::rofl: Guess I better be more specific :haha:

2mums - great explanation! I have no doubt you two will be the best parents ever! I think even more-so than some hetro couples...there are a lot of men out there who don't want kids & when it happens, they don't always handle it well. You guys have a well thought out plan, and any child will see how much love went into making them!

So sorry to hear about your aunt :( hope she pulls through fast enough to have the chemo! xxxx

hahahaha on the pregnancy front!!! so funny! I guess before meeting you, I wouldn't have a clue! So i'm glad you have been able to teach me something so i'm not so clueless next time I hear of your situation!

night ladies! love you all
xxx

Kiwi she had the drugs haha she was in sooooooo much pain before then good love her :hugs:

2 mums great explanation :) I personally don't think it maters what sex you are I think you are either a good parent or not and I think you two will be fab xx so sorry about your aunt honey :hugs: xx

goodnight squiggles bum have a lovely sleep xx

I'm in my BIL having drinks but am in work in the morning :( have really blue veins in my boobs and they are sooooooo sore I hope that's a good sign :)

Laineypop- fx, I've heard that is a GREAT sign!!!! :happydance:

Amber- sorry about your Aunt.

Sorry I've been MIA, darn work really cramps my style!!

Look at those cross hairs Rosie cheeks :) Mrs 3 dpo :winkwink: x

Pretty exciting, hey?! How about you Mrs. Implantation dip?!?

2MUMS:- sorry to hear the news of your aunt. Thoughts and prayers for u and Ur family that she makes a speedy recovery to start the chemo xx

Sorry to hear about your aunt :( and I agree, sex has nothing to do with being an awesome parent. Your baby will be so lucky <3

Blue boobs are A great sign Lainey!!!

LIANEY - OMG!!!! blue veins in breasts is a GREAT sign!! especially if they are sore too! go girl! I just got this total excitement wash over me, I did a little happy dance cos I just know this is it!!! yay!!

AFM my temp this morning moved my Ov day, which lines up better with my OPKs. I am still slightly sceptical as if I entered my lowr temp on the day I got my spike, I wouldn't have crosshairs. My CM & the fact that I think the high temp is accurate makes me think it's correct now & I'll get another rise tomorrow & it willl stay up, but until I'm a bit more convinced we are still BD every other day.

I've got a busy weekend! I will probably be away a fair bit, but will check in again when I can! Hope you all have lovely weekends! I'm going to make my goregous family eggs for breakfast! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->