Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

The IC scared the pants of me this AM....I did it first....it was awful!!

I can't imagine how scary it would be! Will pray for a lovely rise and an obvious confirmation of dufferedness when you get your next results. Meant to ask - did you tell your DH? How did he react - sorry if you have already said so!

I did tell him last night! I decided it would be cute to put a bun in our oven and turn the oven light on and just wait for him to notice. Of course he was on the couch in the living room all comfy and took forever to get up after much encouraging that the dogs wanted out (they really didn't). But heres what happened...

He got up tolet the dogs up and I said, while your up, will you get me my water from the kitchen?

DH: "sure" ....walks (slowly) in the kitchen gets my water and brings it over....apparently he is blind....
Me: did you see the oven?
DH: our oven?
Me: yes
DH: of course...we have lived here 6 months
Me: (getting very frustrated) no....did you see it tonight
DH: um, I was in the kitchen
Me: (ready to scream but kept a calm front) golook at it
DH: why
Me: (through gritted teeth) just go look at it
DH: walks back in the kitchen and says "there is a bun in the oven". Then he walks over and says "why are you heating up a bun in the oven?"
Me: no mike....there is a bun in MY oven!
DH: look of confusion, then happiness! "what?!?!, really???" haha

Men!

Soooo cute Rosie - men can be a tad thick at times! I may even borrow that when it is my turn and hope my DH gets it! Night! Xx

They can be! Sweet dreams Angel!

Hi Kiwi, your earlier post brought tears to my eyes! I agree this is one of the hardest things to go through...and even though I got a positive test...I am still in knots! I think that having a MC or even chemical would be harder than seeing that awful BFN! I am sure you will be a wonderful mom and I think once they start testing it will really help, when they told me I most likely didn't ovulate this month it kind of took the pressure off and I think it actually helped! Hope your doing well today! Xo

Ok, just got my 8-9 DPO (think i ovulated on 9/25) betaHCG level, it was 18. I think it's kind of low but nurse told me the first number doesn't really matter, only matters if it's not doubling appropriately. So hopefully tomorrow it will be around 36. Also found a great website that complies beta numbers for you:
https://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single

Anyone hear of someone getting a level of 18 before??

Hello ladies,
Newbie, you spotted me :)
I kind of feel like I owe you girls a sorry quickly followed by a big thank you! I found this thread about a month ago doing one of my illegal after dark dr google searches. You are a such a lovely group and the support you give each other is amazing - sorry for hanging around on the outskirts for so long without joining in. You have provided me with lots of useful info and started what maybe a long future in temperature taking! I now have a lovely ff chart for sept (all be it ending in a bfn and af) that I think confirms I am ovulating:)
Massive congratulations on all the bfps recently - if it's true that good things happen to good people I reckon they'll be more for you all here soon.
Afm, I am 36 trying for #3. Number 1 and 2 happened pretty easily but this time it's taking a bit more effort (!) and time.
Sorry again for the anonymous stalking that I've been doing and thank you.

Welcome Missie! I started out stalking :coolio: also, but only had to catch up on about 146 pages at the time! Haha....885 pages....we are quite chatty! Where are you from?

Hi Rosie
What a lovely way to share the news:)
I'm originally from Wales but have been in Melbourne for 4 years and really love it there. We are on holiday at the moment back in Wales visiting family. I skipped a few of the pages so will probably have missed a bit - you girls can talk!!
Your bfp was such a strong one and so early - congratulations :)
Where abouts are you?

Rosie, no more ic's! They're evil!! 18 is actually good for you're dpo!

Lainey so happy you're getting bloods, ill get mine on Monday I think.

Welcome missie :hugs:

My number on ff when I got the bfp was 56

I read everything else but can't remember

I am in the states, Pennsylvania. Thanks! I couldn't believe it took him so long to understand! hope you are having a nice Holiday!

He is, since I didn't ovulate until after 9/25 (progesterone of 1.3) and I got the BFP just 8 days later he thinks his swimmers are gold medal backstrokers or something!! Lol

Hahahahaha I bet he was. I talked to oh about getting a vasectomy once the baby factory shuts down for good. He was horrified at the thought of shooting blanks..men!

Morning lovelies!!

Angel, good luck today, at least you will know where you stand at the end of it! I think you guys will nail it!! I think once you're there, the adrenalin will kick in and you will breeze through it! thinking of you! xxx

Looney, so glad you have an appointment! cab't wait to hear your results!

Rosie, sooo cute! I am going to do the samre thing for DH, but i'm going to do a treasure hunt for him to end up in the oven...I'm far too impatient to wait for him to look himself! lol I think mine will get it tho, cos I can never keep my mouth shut about my temps and enything pregnancy related, so he will cotton on when i start acting weird I think! haha I know nothing about beta. but remember it is very very early! most people don't even know they're preggy by now! so I wouldn't worry at all! tomorrow will bring a better result! :) funny, men always think that their swimmers are awesome - it's like a baby is the direct result of their ultimate manhood! lol

Missie, welcome! I'm glad newbie enticed you to join our little group! Check out the front page for all of our real names etc if you're getting a bit confuse about who we are all talking about!! You will love it here!!! I wouldn't worry about missing the pages, we often just chitty chat, as you know! How long have you been ttc for??

hi smithy!!!!! thanks for sharing your points! I like this point of the cycle where its close to test time, and there is still a possibility of duffness! haha I'm weird! I prefer the tww to the waiting to Ov tho. at least in hindsight we can see if we have nailed the timing or not!

AFM, we started potty training dss yesterday, we had 5 wees in the toilet and 1 wet undies! pretty good effort I think. He's so not interested until yesterday, we got soooo excited for him doing a wee, now he loves it! back on the undies again today, I think we will make even more progress!! lol it's the small things in life when kids are involved! lol

Welcome a missie - I stalked lots of threads before posting on any too! You will love all these girls - as you have noticed that although our common interest is ttc we are all about supporting each other and we are genuine friends. I live these ladies so much and can no longer imagine life without them! So glad you joined us! X

Aaaaahhhhh auction day! Barely slept - cant wait for it to be over!!! Not sure that I will get to chat much today - at least prior to the auction but I'll definitely update you afterwards! I hope you all have a lovely Saturday (or Friday night) xx

Mum2- a treasure hunt sounds lovely! Congrats on how well the potty training is going!! That's great!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->