Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

I'm very pro being vaccinated and I get quite upset when parents are anti vaccinations and choose not to vaccinate their kids - everything else parents can decide for what's in the best interests of their child, but like LLPM said vaccinations are not just about your own child it's about reducing risks for the whole community. Sorry, rant over (and sorry if any of you are anti vaccinations!). :)

Yeah I totally agree! It annoys me when people don't vaccinate...I know some carry minor risks but unless your child has a medical condition increasing those risks I have to be honest and say I think it's selfish! Most people who don't vaccinate use the "it increases chances of autism etc" when it's actually been disproved totally. I do my best to protect my children & others around me but its hard when other people refuse to do the same and expose people to awful deadly preventable diseases!
Maggie is due for her chicken pox vaccine tomorrow, but obviously I'm not immune so need to chat with the GP before she has it about whether its safe as its a live vaccine. I have a feeling the risk is very minor and the risk of not vaccinating poses a wider threat not only to me & my baby but others too! I'm tossing up the risks but I'm leaning more towards having it because if she doesn't have it and contracts chicken pox I'm at a 70% chance of getting it as well as other children and at risk people. Hmmm ave spent all day thinking about it! Any input?

Oh, Ginny your husband sounds like a sweetie.
It does feel good to let go of temping. I have no control over what happens now so ill just enjoy this pregnancy

He's pretty good :)

I'm also looking at text books to buy and remembered that I bought text books off you late last year! How funny is that (and lucky I didn't muck you about with paying for them :haha:)

Hahaha!

I have a child with autism, vaccines have NOTHING to do with it. And honestly I would prefer all my kids have autism then die from a preventable disease.

Yeah, I don't know what I'd do about the chicken pox one. Max had his a couple of weeks ago and they asked me if I had chicken pox before (which I have). They said that 5% of children will actually develop a couple of pox which are infectious - but it's the fluid inside that's the infectious bit. Max never ended up developing any.

Could you wait until you were in 2nd tri for her to get it? I'd also recommend speaking to your GP about it rather than the people that give the shots, because for me they were a bit hopeless in fully explaining the risks.

My partner and I are going to have aot of trouble when this comes up. his whole family are against vaccinations, mine are for.. as am I. We have gotn into so many arguements over whether or not our child is going to be vaccinated. For every article against it there is one for it and i have no idea what im going to do when we actually have a kid!!

hello Ladies! Well im going to jump on the pro vaccine thing here. I hate getting into conversations with anti vaccination folk. It always gets really heated!
evil duffered bitch at work is a HUGE Anti Vacinator! so you can imagine the chats ive had there.
Everyone should make their choices, but its SO important to make a well informed choice, and ive found that the anti vax community like to misreport facts. or make claims that just are not supported by the medical community. Of course we want to do what is best for our children, and when you hear things like the autism it can really scare you. We did a lot of research and found that most of it seems to be based in fiction/fear. im sorry if im offending any one here. I have a lot of good information if anyone is interested. Ive got somewhere a really good document on the recent "fluoride lowers children's IQ" that went around, let me know if your interested.
Nana: im right there with you! trying very hard to stay positive. its hard when AF is beating my insides to a pulp! (well its not that bad i suppose, but painful enough to add insult to injury)
just the thought of going through OPK crazy and trying to have well timed, not stressed, relaxed, fun sex...without my brain going batty on me...i just dont think i can deal!

I think when TTC we have to work really hard to not be all about TTC. hobbies, other interests, planning for the future without thinking you might be duffered then is all very important for ones sanity...i think.

2mums: thanks for the info for anti histamines! my nose thanks you too!

Cossie im really proud of you to be able to stop for the moment. and nlot test last month, well done!

how are all our duffered ladies going? living through you all, so need ALL the details pls!
Also did you do anything different/ etc that you want to share?

I had an ok day at work today, but im thinking fairly seriously about moving state.

Hi all - I left my laptop at home by accident today so couldn't log on to say while I was at work! Home now and exhausted! Annoyed at my body and my thyroid as despite being on my organic diet for over a week now and losing 1.5kg in the first few days I have now managed to gain back 1.6 so am worse than when I started!!! I have no more energy either! But I am enjoying the food and still have about a week's worth of it stocked in the fridge so will keep at it at least until I have eaten my current supply. I am partly blaming af for the weight gain too. Also can't stop peeing - I have always had a nana bladder but I went about 12 times overnight which I ridiculous! Not sure if I can blame the thyroid for that one but who knows! Next blood test is in a week so will hopefully be on meds soon after that and can get back to normal and back to tic again!

Just re read all that and it sounds a bit negative - all true but I am feeling much better than yesterday and the day before - a lot more positive today.

I am very pro vaccinations :) halli it must be hard knowing you will have to face criticism from one side of the family for whichever decision you and DH make about vaccinating your kids - I don't envy you!

Lucy so nice to see you back online! Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell!

Does anyone know when madly is back from her trip?

Hi to everyone else!

Im not overly fond of the tone of this letter, its quite argumentative, but its an intesting read

https://skeweddistribution.com/2012/03/26/dear-antivaxxer-this-is-why-i-do-not-care-for-you/

Thanks Angel! im glad that you are feeling a little better to! you could probably blame AF for your weight gain! and once its over, be back to being a bit lighter. Are you allowed to exercise much? may be some light swimming?

Thanks pammy! How are you today Hun? Am hoping your massive temp dip is ov and that the bleed was just the vitex! Not sure why you'd be getting neg opks though - confusing!?! Keep us posted! Xx

Thanks Angel! im glad that you are feeling a little better to! you could probably blame AF for your weight gain! and once its over, be back to being a bit lighter. Are you allowed to exercise much? may be some light swimming?

Thanks Abs, I have been walking most days for about an hour - I guess my body just doesn't realise that as a recovered anorexic I don't cope well with weight gain and despite knowing I am much more than my outward appearance my confidence is affected big time by my looks! So shallow I know - stupid body/brain!

Hey, thats interesting! i was a starve yourself gal too! i totally get it, so much of our self worth gets all wrapped up in our weight. im podge at the moment, and its really hard.
I want to say that You are one of the sweetest kindest people i have ever met! and that comes through just from knowing you through this site! so your perception yourself, and how you are feeling, is not how others see you
dont know if that helps!

We love you.... both... I am alot fatter but my Partner loves me natural and how I am I am 110kg and happy. I am only 160cm.

Pammy you're gorgeous! And your DH sounds like a real sweety too - Paul has always been great about not caring what I weigh - he just wants me to be happy with myself - and I do try to be!

Hi ladies,
Posted a quick reply yesterday and got a message that it had been sent for approval to a moderator and not seen it appear yet - there wasn't anything naughty in it so not sure why? :)
Sorry to hear so many of you are feeling a bit down - I hope you all are feeling better soon.
Newbie, sorry that you are feeling so rubbish. Good luck with your last bit of training for your ride.
My cycles seem to be all over the place. Since finishing breast feeding earlier this year (ds has allergies so bf'd for a pretty long time) they vary between 21 and 30 days. Af is also a bit random - changes in length and heaviness month to month. Not sure if this is why we've not been lucky yet. Just finishing af this cycle, am cd6 and getting ewcm so guessing this might be a short cycle and we should be bd'ing from today? Does anyone know if having a really short first half of a cycle affects egg quality?

Sorry missie I'm not an expert on cycle length - I do know that you need your luteal phase to be at least 10 days but not sure about your follicular phase - nana or Lucy will know more!

Angel - ditto what the others say. Thank you for starting this lovely thread and gathering together all these lovely ladies. Being comfortable with who you are and what you look is something I don't think any of lady is good at. I really hope your new diet and good management of you thyroid means you feel as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->