Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

Angel - your right, I'm probably just being a bit of a control freak! Sometimes, I wish I could just switch off and be ignorant to everything - would make things so much easier haha

Number 2 - are you going public? I guess you'd just get them done when you want a referral from your GP. Nurses always have trouble taking my blood so I just don't want to have unnecessary tests if the results are already out there. Unless you're critically low in something the other important one they look for is if you've got negative blood because I think if you have any bleeding you have to have an injection - but you probably already know this anyway :)

Also, that soup sounds yum!

Rosie - yay for 6 weeks!

LLPM - yay for 8 weeks!

Oh man I was just thinking of making some soup this week and now I know what! Lucy can you post your tomatoe and lentil soup too please/ Sounds divine!

I thought only hippies ate lentils, but I'd be prepared to give it a go too.

The soup IS yum - if you think it sounds yum, it tastes even better. I do more often than not do the cheat version with a box of stock and a BBQ chook and it means dinner can be on the table in minutes.

I did the best stir fry ever last night - I can share that recipe if anyone's keen.

Ginney yeah I am going public. My GP did mention bloods but since it wasn't that long since the m/c I suspect he didn't want to do it till it appeared the baby was sticking around. I might give them a call and find out when I should get them done.

Thanks for that Amanda! Sound so yummy! :)

My friend made this recipe - her tips are to eat it topped with natural/Greek yoghurt, drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Freezes well. Variations, add capsicum or ground ginger.

Lentil & tomato soup
1tbsp olive oil
1onion chopped
2cloves garlic, crushed
1tsp each of ground cumin & ground coriander (I used coriander paste!)
1cup dried red lentils
400g can diced tomatoes
3cups veg stock

Method
1.heat oil in large saucepan. Cook onion until soft, stir in garlic, cumin & coriander. Cook for 1 min.
2. Stir in lentils, tomatoes & stock - bring to boil then simmer for 15-20 mins or until lentils are tender (stir regularly!)

I had it just as is with toast and was really yum! :) enjoy!

I have to say my doctor was so lovely! He hugged me and congratulated me and said he would be praying that I didn't get so sick this time and made it full term

Going ok Rosie - at the dr's now - my doc is sick so I have to see someone else - means I won't get any real answers today but will get a drs certificate for work - guess i'll just have to wait it out til next weeks appt to see my own doc!

what a bugger, Angel. Ask anyway, maybe they can draw blood and do whatever tests your doctor would have done anyway?

Poo to your doctor being sick :( I hope the replacement doc can help

Ginny, hope your appointment goes well xx

Only thing the replacement doc said is that all my symptoms are consistent with hypothyroid and that the organic diet probably isn't worth it if I haven't noticed a difference.

That's a bit annoying Angel :( Are you enjoying the organic diet anyway? Surely there's no harm to sticking with it if you want to.

Oh also, I did need the blood test results for my appointment (feel like calling my GP up and saying "told you so"), but they did exactly what Angel said and just got them faxed over.

I even got a sneak peak at baby - still there! yay! When she started scanning me the baby looked really still and I thought I was going to burst into tears, but then she zoomed in on the heart it was beating away - phew!

Ginny I'm so pleased your appointment went well and that they were able to get your results. Must be lovely to see the baby! I do enjoy the organic food and still have a fair bit of it left so will continue until I see my doc next week anyway.

Well I went and organised & paid for my own dating scan last week - all good, measuring 1 day different to the date I had, heart beating - but as far as an official one I have no idea, I haven't even got a letter advising me when my first appointment will be. I guess you don't get quite the same level of care when a public patient. They called me a few weeks ago and told me I would get seen very early as I am a high risk patient - so I could expect to get an appointment for 10 weeks. Normally it wouldn't be till after 12 weeks. I said what about NT scans etc then? She said oh, if you want one you can organise your own. Hmm. I'll talk to my GP about it if I get near that point and haven't seen anyone yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->