Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

Ginny I hope they come back quickly with some answers love xo
Also I am sure you would know but will mention it just incase, wear as tight a sports bra as you can to help with the drying up and also be sure not to face the shower front on if it is too hot. xoxo

Maddy, disappointing, but I understand why he won't give you any indication without running the tests. 3 weeks will fly by! Xxx

ginny- hope you get some answers that will help in the future, or just an everything is ok answer, and you can try again as soon as you're ready!! So excited for the house, and I'm happy to read you're feeling happy today!! xx

maddy- FX for your tests and answers!!!

i agree that meat flavoured chips or anything that is not meat is just wrong. And i also can't deal with egg on hamburgers, never see that in america, and its just weird!!! All i've been wanting are croissants and hot chocolate, i think i should go to france for the remainder of this. But cannot wait for my favorite foods when i go home in dec! have been saving my pregnancy weight gain for that month in the states! :haha:

everyone else- hello!! thinking of you all!
We have more DR appointments this week, two for OH and one for our puppy dog (puppy is just getting check up, scheduled vaccines)

Good luck with the tests amber!! And I bet you can't wait for your food treats in the states!

Hi lovelies!! We had a busy weekend which is why I haven't been around but I did read through all your posts and must say the half page of hamburger talk/cravings made me giggle!

Squeegs- I don't really have MS yet either just occasional waves of nausea, no vomiting yet!

Lainey and Smithy- hope your MS subsides

Maddy- glad you have a game pan, tests are the only way to start!!

Nana- congrats to you Hun!!!! Xx

Number2- one of my best friend said her MS stopped exactly at 9 weeks too!

Ginny- your attitude is amazing!! Congrats on the house xx

Pammy, Missie, Amber, Lucy, Angel, Abby and anyone I missed, hi! :wave: xx

Just got back from lunch. DH called me to tell me that the government are cutting baby bonus for your second child. So annoying! It's starts from the 1 July 2013. So most of you are fine. Also cuts to private health rebates (I think that starts 2014). Which is so unfair! They are always changing it!!

Gosh I sooooo cbf'd!!!! I have decided I am just going to do nothing for the remainder of my day (less than an hour as I finish at 3:30pm) and try and build up some energy for the gym...it's not looking good!

Sucks about the government changing the baby bonus allowance butthere is also the paid maternity allowance isn't there? Don't quote me on anything but I'm sure you can have one or the other if you are working full time...?

Ginny, you are so strong and you amaze me :hugs:

How is the day going for everyone?

I agree, meat flavoured anything apart from actual meat is not my thing however, 2 mums I absolutely LOVE egg on everything including hamurgers and pizza! That was the one thing I missed whilst pregnant with DS (I love runny sunny-side up eggs:) )!

Good luck with the tests amber!! And I bet you can't wait for your food treats in the states!

thanks!!!! ive already got a list of the restaurants i need to go to, and have given my mum a list of meals i 'need' hahaha, easier to get now i can blame it on the bean too!!

edit : Cossi- im probably alone with the not liking egg on things, seems to be very aussie, if not else where too, just not the states. But I dont like eggs on the best days, have gone off them recently, i go in stages about eggs, but when and if i do eat them, only scrambled or hard boiled for me! thats just the tip of the iceberg with my pickiness though, i'm a food freak, my food cant touch either, im just a mess, :rofl::rofl:

Gosh I sooooo cbf'd!!!! I have decided I am just going to do nothing for the remainder of my day (less than an hour as I finish at 3:30pm) and try and build up some energy for the gym...it's not looking good!

Sucks about the government changing the baby bonus allowance butthere is also the paid maternity allowance isn't there? Don't quote me on anything but I'm sure you can have one or the other if you are working full time...?

Coss - yes, you pick one or the other baby bonus or paid maternity. The paid maternity use to be $500 they are cutting it down two $300 when you have a 2nd or 3rd child.

Rosie, thanks for telling me about your friend - that eases my mind somewhat as it's only human to worry about these things, especially when you have experienced losses before xo

Yes, they have cut the BB from $5K to $3K.
Damn, how am I going to get a new flat screen tv now.
They still have the paid parental leave and also child care rebate.
I get pretty bloody annoyed with government benefits because I feel like I am punished for working hard for the last 25 years to get up that bloody ladder - I'm eligible for stuff all. I do get the child care rebate which is very useful. 50% of your childcare fees you get back, Up to $7500/year. I would struggle without that as Harrison's daycare is over $100/day.

Hi, I agree meat flavoured crisps/chips are just a bit weird.

With the baby bonus, they're cutting it from $5000 to $3000 for second and subsequent babies. It seems like a big drop but honestly I think it's a great idea. The reasoning they gave was that first time parents need to buy all the big stuff whereas for most people they'll reuse stuff for future kids and its not worth it for the government. They'll save $461 million in 3 years. Cossi you are right...any person who has been working prior to pregnancy is entitled to almost $10,000 instead which is a fair chunk of people who it won't affect anyway.

Oh I see! I'm not fussed at all. I sold everything that was baby related lol.

It used to make me crazy that people were having babies for the 5k..

Amanda, I can imagine its frustrating when you work hard and lose eligibility. To be honest we do better by DH being a student and me staying at home than we would both working. For me personally I'd rather live in a shack and stay at home with my kids scraping around for food than work, but I've been brought up with that as a realistic option...I know for the majority of people that lifestyle just wouldn't be ok. Thankfully the government pays for parents to stay at home...admittedly not a lot, but we get by and we've never gone into debt. I guess we all see it from different ends of the spectrum. For me I can't believe how generous the government are but that's because their support allows me to do what I love without starving or having to live somewhere awful. I really think its a hard choice though.

well, just to clarify the amount, the paid parental leave is taxed. So it's not really $10k at all, so halve that if you are on a high rate of tax normally.

LLPM - yeah, I know - I am on the complete other end of the scale in how I look at it to you. I have elearned not to discuss it with people because it makes my blood boil, lol.

I think it's good in that it will help to 'break the cycle' - people breeding to stay off work... I see it frOm both sides, I, like Lucy appreciate any help I will get ( I have never in my life got money from any other way than working, so I base this on what I will get rather than what I have already gotten) I also see it from Amanda's side as I hate that people work their asses off get nothing, and they pay for all the deadbeats to sit at home & spend their kids money on booze & smokes!

Hope that all came out the right way. I was trying to agree with you both, do I hope my wording didn't offend anyone!

And to clarify, loop, I dont think you're one of the drop kicks 'in the cycle'!

Oh, and Smithy - totally agree......fancy having a baby to get $5000 - what are these people thinking...do they honestly have no concept of how much it costs to raise a child!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->