Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

Hi Ladies, well another super stressful day at work, and now i have to work tonight. i sort of hope they do make us all redundant, at least we will get a pay out and the stress of work will stop!
i also see that there is some discussion on BB and such, i promise when i have more time i will look into all of this for you all! (i used to work there, so can work out if BB has gone down but paid parental leave on the up etc, cause PPL is more $ than BB)

I have to do some work this afternoon/evening (POOO) but i have a quick question, yesterday smilie face so positive surge, temp down this morning, but i expect i ov'd today. no smilie face this afternoon. so....do we BD? i dont think i can get one in with stupid work stuff. but i will if i have to. advice? i figure ive ov'd today, so a BD now probably wont help

Sorry i have to dash! love to all xoxoxox

Abby I did the deed 2 days prior to ovulation on my BFP month. I think much of it seems to be blind luck mixed with reasonably good timing. The same might work for you :)

I want to come back to oz to have a baby. U get absolutely feck all here in Ireland. No such thing as a baby allowance and maternity leave is paid at Ur employers discression. He has to keep Ur job open but he doesn't give u a cent. The government gives €129 per fortnight I think it is per child as Ur allowance.
There was an article just last week in newspaper that a couple both who work go with good for a day each week do their kids have three meals a day and they haven't eaten meat in about 6 months cause its too expensive. It breaks Ur heart. The joys of being in a recession. In saying that all government officials are still on there 6 figure wages and while the rest if the country loses theirs job they have given themselves a payrise! Sorry my rant is over :( pretty bad to get worked up first thing Monday morning.

Hope everyone is having a great day

Newbie - hope Ur ass is improving

Number2 - glad the ms has stopped for u. A friend of mine never had a single symptom only at about 4mth she started getting a tummy. She is due in 4 wks. U are one of the lucky ones

Maddy - glad all went well today. 3 wks will flyby and u will get some answers.

As for bacon fries. I don't think they taste exactly like bacon it's just a flavour but they are cut into little shapes of bacon which are so cute. I will buy a packet and post a picture :)

Hope u all have a great day . My temp dropped today

Oh Abby - not sure about opk anymore. I got a smiley tue and seeing that was day after op didn't do anything so we bd we'd morning. Got no smiley at lunch so bd wed night to be sure and bd thurs. who knows if it's worked or not. I use to be so confident with them now I have no idea. Girls are getting pg doing it before smiley face even though box says during smiley face. I give up guessing

They say 2 days before ovulation is optimum for the eggy to be caught!!

I hope I caught mine... DH asked if I timed our sex this month... I actually didn't... he was the one who was horney!!

Well the book im reading says that for a woman over 35 her best chances are to BD 2-1 day of ov plus day of. but 2-1 day is your best bet. So Kiwi it really depends on when you actually ov based on the smilie. I know that Nana ovs the same day, i think i ov'd today, so yesterday and the day before were my best days. Smilie only gave me day before odds, not two days before!

but what Amanda says is correct i think....good timing and just plan luck. However Kiwi your tubes are all cleaned out from the dye....so that changes your odds in the favour of BFP a bit more!

Abs, the positive test is supposed to predict ov, so doing it yesterday should be enough. If you are worrie, try for BD tomorrow just to cover your bases. but even if you skip today and today isn't ov day, yesterdays should still be fine.

Kiwi, you can have a fallback rise ( look it up on FF) so if your temp goes back up tomorrow you're sweet. Do the same, keep BDing just to be sure, but maybe go every second or 3rd day until you get your sustained temp rise!

Maybe, but i think I might have missed it - who knows. Wed (the day we BD) was ovulation day (I think going by smiley faces), This month I couldn't tell as so much stuff was coming out of there (SORRY TMI) :blush: so not sure what was me, what was the hospital stuff, what was DH, what was anything. I guess in about 9 days we will find out.

Hi everyone,

Have read bits and pieces over the last few days but been really hectic and trying to get over jet lag. Hope you are all well.
Nana - well done on the ride - I hope your John Wayne walk doesn't last too long
Ginny - pleased your feeling happy today and to hear your happy house news.
Abby - sorry work is so crappy
Maddy - pleased the appointment went well and the next 3 weeks fly by :)
Mmmmm, bacon crisps! In the UK they are called Frazzles and are even coloured to look like bacon - makes my mouth water just thinking about them!
Kiwi - fingers crossed for that egg catching.
2Mums - there is nothing wrong with not wanting your food to touch ;) I've done it since I was a child - my Mum bought me a prison plate! Now my tolerance of food touching seems to be directly linked to my hormones. Just re-read that and appreciate I sound a bit weird!
Big hi to everyone I missed :)

Feeling a bit down today. Not sure BD was particularly well timed and unsure how much the travelling will effect everything this cycle - I guess time will tell. Went back to work today and missing everyone after the holiday :( Sorry for the moan. Maybe a glass of wine and an early night......

i hope so Kiwi! i really want this to be your month! i hope i get a rise tomorrow ....if i do, then i think ive worked out my OPK, BD, ratio (cheap OPK vs expensive and how to read it all)! also then leave OPKing for this month, i find it very stressful.
then im going to try not to test till 14 dpo! well thats the plan.

im pulling these data reports for work tomorrow, and each month takes 20min to run! painful, but at least its work i can do from home and not use my brain to much, and should save me time tomorrow. its nice i can pop in and see you all!

QUESTION: how long does it take for FF to give you the red lines? It will be interesting to see when FF thinks I have O'd.

MISSY T: jet lag is a b**ch. I was so excited last year when we were flying home as AF still hadn't arrived and I was 3 days late, only for her to turn up while waiting in customs at Brisbane airport. Was gutted. Fingers crossed your timing was spot on and the travel didn't make that much difference to your TWW cycle (only your sleep cycle). A glass of wine is always the best cure! :wine:

Kiwi it takes three days of higher temps, your temp was still higher today than the average of the other days.

Missie, im really sorry you are down hun! in this game, you just never know, and so you never give up hope! i hope its your month!

Abby, I haven't done anything this month and I feel grey about it:) I wouldn't even know what day or if I have/haven't ovulated yet!!! Me and DH have just been DTD whenever & I love it again! Trust me, you will love not OPKing next cycle provided ur not pregga's already!! I'm not actively "TTC" for the remainder of the year and have been enjoying it so far:) so it's not all bad after all:)

Cossime - sounds like a perfect plan. I am addicted. I had the shakes and hot sweats not checking my temps for 2 days last week :rofl: I blame newbie for that, she introduced me to temping :) and I have a poas addiction as well. I need to constantly pee on something. Don't know what I use to do with all that money and time 2yrs before ttc

After we all get a BFP I think we might need to start a new group like AA for POAS anonymos

Kiwi we should buy shares in OPKs and HPTs! seeing as we are keeping them in business! you at least ov around the same day, im a random shot, so have to test from pretty much CD6 (well may be CD 10, but i do CD 6 incase!)

Cossie i cant see me stopping unless i have a bfp. i NTNP for two years with nothing! i realise now i was doing at the wrong time, so im only 75% concerned about that! i try to keep it so DH doesnt know. but that rarely works....seeing as if he says he isnt in the mood i yell at him. i didnt mean to do that, but i suffer from pre ov stress! hahaha, i feel ok now, so im hoping i popped an eggy

I think I actually have shares in Clear Blue. I was tempted to ring them for a job seeing i spend so much money on the company :)
what sucked for me is that last month I got 2 big smiley faces and I still didn't ovulate. Which naive for me I thought a smiley meant you ovulate. I actually asked the surgeon last week when asking about TTC this month and he said that can happen. Those tests predict a surge rise but it doesn't predict ovulation. You might get the high levels but an egg doesn't get released which was my problem last month. But I still used them this month. They are good for an indication. When I started using them I started the day after AF and continued for 2 wks to get some idea when I O'd. I thought day 14 (like the book says) and was proven wrong. My cycles are short so my smiley faces are usually day 10. My bill that month was ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->