Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

Nana i dont think research is ever a waste of time! it just makes me wonder how people get duffered by accident! clearly it takes science, research, and analysis!

Abby, It depends on what kind of thing you like, and also how much you want to spend on it. The best thing for insulation is curtains with a pelmet over the top & the curtains returned to the wall (this is where the fabric goes from the end of the track to the wall to block the light/air gap). This is the only way to completely darken your room too. Probably your most expensive option, but you can cut down on costs by choosing a less expensive fabric, or doing less fullness (industry standard puts 2.5 X fullness in the curtain. eg if the window is 1m wide, you would use 2.5m of fabric pleated into the 1m)

You can go for shutters - we do a Vogue poly resin shutter - https://www.vogueshutters.com.au/ if you're going to go for shutters, I would recommend going for these rather than a timber shutter. they're Australian made and they don't require any ongoing maintenance and come with a 20 year warranty. These are also quite expensive, but very functional. They're what I dream to have in my home. (one day lol) so if you're in a home you're going to stay in for some time, it's worth spending the money on them. They are the only thing you can have on a window that won't rattle with the window open, they are VERY easy to clean, they can get wet, so great for bathrooms etc too.

Roller blinds (you may know them as holland blinds?) would normally be fitted inside the reveal with the fabric rolling over the top of the tube, you can change the way the fabric rolls so you can see the tube and the fabric rolls behind like the pink & black blinds at the bottom of this page. https://www.cheap-blinds.com.au/ you can then fit the blind on the face of the architrave so you have good coverage of the window & will block out most light. With any blind, you will never completely block out light, you will always have some sort of light gap. With rollers in particular, you are limited with privacy as the blind is either up or down. You can get around this by having sheer curtains in front of the blind to 'soften' the room & also give you day time privacy. The blinds will have to be rolled up if you want to let the breeze in too.

Verticals - don't go back to them if you have them & don't like them.

Venetian blinds - (horizontal slats) a shit to clean, and the bigger the window the less tightly they will close, so won't insulate as well and won;t block as much light. but they are good in that a horizontal louvre will give you more privacy control.

You could also consider an external awning on the outside of the windows where the heat is a real issue. It is really effective to stop the sun even reaching the windows.

One more thing to consider where heat is a problem is window tinting. It's not something I do, so i don;t know much about it. I know its effective tho!

Lise, I has milky CM too. I marked it as creamy as that was the closest to what it was, but it was quite milky. it kept changing from that to sticky, and then also swapped between actual creamy too. The worst part is that it changes so much that it's hard to use as a symptom! hope your cramps ease up hun!!

Thanks Quigley. Yeah ever where I have read it said you cant go by CP & CM. But I feel very wet still down there will see if it changes next week when AF is due.

I had the worse sleep last night....cramping all night & still hasnt stopped this morning. Not sure if its a good thing or not. As in other cycles I have also had cramping but not as much as this one. Only time will tell.

hope you all have a good wednesday....

Oh lise, hopefully something great will come of all the cramping hun xx

Hi all - squeegs where were you last year when I was buying blinds! You are a font of knowledge!

Abs the others are right - you still might ov so keep up the BDing!

Lisa - ouch to cramps! Praying they turn out to be worth the pain and lack of sleep by giving you a bfp! X

Hi to everyone else! I hope you have a great day!

As for me I'm dosed up on drugs chilling on the lounge - saw the doc yesterday and I've managed to pick up a respiratory tract infection so am home today and tomorrow!

Oh angel hun you are in the wars at the moment arent you! Take care xxx

Morning ladies Xx

Ababa :rofl:

Abby I'm so sorry honey, just bd every second day and you should catch that eggy :hugs:

Nana :hi:

Angel you poor thing! I hope you feel better soon Xx rest up today and do absolutely nothing :hugs: xxx

I have my Bitch badge on!I don't tolerate people bitching behind our backs just because we were being honest it really pisses me off actually and if said person comes back I don't think I will control my anger!

Still lying in bed, not feeling as bad as yesterday, but still poop! Maybe it was because I was sooooooo constipated that it made me so ill? Who knows,I shall find out today! X

Squeegs how you feeling?

Hiya spunky bum :hi: (not sure if its dangerous to call you that either...hehehe)

Feel better soon beautiful xx

Thanks lovelies :) I must stay this whole lowered immune system is not fun! That said I feel less guilty about not being at school today because I have an infection as well as just a need to rest... Weird how my brain works - I always feel the need to justify everything!

Lainey glad you're a little better today - hope you can continue to rest up and take it easy!

Sasha only 23 days left until you're outa there and no longer having to put up with your boss! Xx

Yay angel!

And indeed it would be too. I put in the offer if they wanted me to stay, it would be until the end of March next year at a rather ridiculously high day rate. They agreed to the day rate but said only until end of Feb, so i said no deal. 16 November it is. 17 more work days!! i better find a job...

:)

Morning ladies!

Angel...sorry you're crook again!

Lainey...feel better soon too.

Maggie woke up with a cough this morning so I've gone all nazi this morning on a cleaning spree. Im 10 weeks today and have started getting thicker in the waist already! :( have decided to wait till I have my 12week scan to announce it. My scan's on the 12th November so not too far away and I'll be almost 13weeks.

Ginny I felt the same about feeling guilty about wanting a 3rd baby really bad when people hadn't had their first yet, but I think you have to remember everyone's at a different stage and there will come a time when everyone else longs for a second or subsequent baby too. :) hope you're feeling ok and recovering Ok! Feel free to not answer, but do you think you'll start trying again ASAP or wait a little longer? I have friends who've all done different things. One friend has 3 kids but had a m/c before each healthy pregnancy but just went straight back to trying after each one, and then another friend who was desperate for #2, lost her baby at 8 weeks and couldn't even think of trying for 18months after, despite her longing for another baby.

Gosh luce you've had a rough trot with illness havent you!

Hope it doesnt turn into another week after week long bout of illness at your place hun xx

Oh Lucy I hope Maggie feels better soon and all you lovelies are on the mend xx

:hi: Rosie cheeks :hugs: How are you feeling? Any morning sickness yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->