Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

I don't tend to buy anything licensed for my little guy. Plenty of time later for him to buy into all that crap.

Anyways, gosh it's taken me ages to read up today. Got our laptop with new hard drive back today. SO much better to have it fixed for $275 than have to buy a new one! Now I can obsessively Google all the tests the Dr ordered :) It seems he is looking to rule out PCOS plus some common genetic issues. He also ordered a more indepth SA for DH testing for some things that aren't included in the basic analysis. We also found out their clinic doesn't do IUI for over-40s and since we can't afford IVF we're not sure that there's much they can actually offer us. But we will go back for our results and then think about things after that.

Kiwi...hope you catch the egg. Thank goodness I don't have to have a lap, only a HSG. I was terrified, despite your relatively easy experience!
Abby...your DH is funny!
Mum2Q...we've been looking at shutters for our living room as our wine-purple coloured curtains will need replacing in the next year or two. My sense is that shutters don't insulate as well as curtains, can you do both - have curtains over the top of shutters? We have a blackout roller curtain behind our regular curtain/pelmet in our bedroom (because I'm a shift-worker) and it's like night-time in there in the middle of the day.
Angel...hope you feel better soon. I hate being unwell.
Newbie...are there many jobs out there that you are interested in? Or will you take a break over Xmas/New Year before looking?
Ginny...xxxw...ope your recovery is going okay.
LLPM ... poor Maggie, hope she doesn't give it to the rest of you!

Well off to Google some of these blasted tests!

Oh, and I felt like a true wally this morning! Got out of bed at 5am ready for my 6am shift. Got there and my colleagues were looking at me weird. Turns out I'm not scheduled to work until tomorrow....DUH!

Maddy, I really hope you wasted your $25!! :)

Angel, how are you feeling sweetie?

Loop, hope that sickness stays away!

Lainey & Smithy, hope your sickness is ok today!

Nana, do excited you ate leaving soon! Do you still get your redundancy? Have they said anything else about it? I think they'll take your offer in the end!

Ababa, you must be excited for your scan!

Ginny, do you still need help with your blinds?

Loving all the theme park talk & all the bedroom talk!! Friends of mine rented do they just got black jungle animal wall decals. Looked great & came straight off the walls! I might do something like that so it doesn't have to be redone when bub gets older.

Lisa, nice to see you again!

Abs, hope you're hanging in there today!

Sorry if I forgot anyone, I have been popping my head in through the day, but have lost track a little bit!

Hi Girls!!! Gotta dash but here you are as promised: sorry if it's inaccurate as I am rushing today!!!!)

Wednesday Watch List!!! 24/10/2012

Two Week Waiter’s
Lisafr: TWW
Halliwell: TWW
Taralyn_m: 14DPO
MissieT: 7DPO
Newbie (nanna): 6DPO
Kiwi: 4DPO

Waiting to Ovulate
Abby: CD17
Major Bee: CD9
Maddy: CD5

Angel: NTNP
Jayney: NTNP
cossime: NTNP
zoomlentil: WTT
Ginny: WTT

9 :bfp: ‘s!!!
2Mums: 15 weeks
LLMP: 10weeks
Number2: 10 weeks
Lisa S (Smithy): 7 weeks
Melainey: 7 weeks
Rosie: 6 weeks
Mum 2 Quigley (Squeegs): 6 weeks
Kim: 4 weeks (?)
Squarepants: 4 weeks (?)

xxxx

Thanks cossi! I'm wtt rather than ntnp:) I've copied it to the front page :)

Getting there squeegs - feeling pretty average and am contemplating a nice afternoon nap! Just for an hour so I don't stuff up my sleep tonight!

YAY cossie!!! You're ace :)

Straight into another job i hope (with my redundancy :))

Got a phone call about another two positions that seem up my alley, so to speak, so will check them out. Im taking a 'relaxed' approach to it, the whole 'do i want this job' and not really caring much if they want me! We shall see how long that lasts. I know i have my redundancy to keep me going in the meantime, but im hoping to be employed again come 19th November (or maybe the 26th...)

Off topic, i am scared and excited about my hair cut tomorrow night. Ive not been in a salon for about 8 years. My girlfriend has cut my hair since then, and ive only ever let her touch it after some previous dramas a long time ago, but its in desperate need of a cut and she has zero time at the moment so she has sent me to her hairdresser! God only knows what i will look like in 26 hours. Thanks for letting me share :)

Maddy that is funny re your work - well not funny for you - but a funny story! I really hope you have wasted 25 and that this is an omen for you as well!

Good girl for getting some work done today squeegs - very clearly havent....

Maddy - careful with Dr Google, sometimes it can just stress you out more (says I who have just diagnosed myself with multiple disorders in the past week lol).

M2Q - I'm going to show Chris some of those links you put up before to see what he thinks. In our family room I think we're going to get dual blinds. Since we back onto the golf course, sometimes during the day I want light to come in but still have privacy, so I think that will solve that issue. In our bedrooms and lounge room we're a bit split: option A roller blinds with sheer curtains and a pelmet, or maybe even just tab type sheer curtains on a rod thing with no pelmet.... or option B proper curtains and pelmet with something sheer behind it.

Love the way your mind works Amanda! Before and after shots please Sash! X

Cossi, great job!

Nana, I had the best of intentions to work hard!

Maddy, sorry, I didn't see all the posts before I posted that last one. The vogue shutters are a poly resin. They have an air gap between the window and the shutter and the blades are also hollow, so that double air gap makes them very effective insulators. We don't do timber shutters as we tend to have problems with them, not sure about their insulation properties to be honest, I'd say they would be less effective than the vogue. I wouldn't put curtains over shutters, mainly because it wouldn't look good, and you're also buying two things to do the same job. You're better off choosing one or the other. For you, curtains with returns & pelmet will completely block light. Shutters are 100% block out, but you do get very tiny light gaps (1mm) at the edge of the louvres, so you do get a bit of light in the room. Just depends how sensitive you are to the light.

Hi ladies! So sorry I've been MIA the past couple days, working like a dog! Ugh! Nana post pics of your new hair cut tomorrow on FB!! Can't wait to see it!

I've read all the posts and I'm quite sad, must admit I've missed you ladies these past couple days!! Hope you all are having a great day!! Xx

Yay rosiecheeks! We missed you too! Sorry you had to work so hard! Do you have a few days off now?

Maddy - careful with Dr Google, sometimes it can just stress you out more (says I who have just diagnosed myself with multiple disorders in the past week lol).

M2Q - I'm going to show Chris some of those links you put up before to see what he thinks. In our family room I think we're going to get dual blinds. Since we back onto the golf course, sometimes during the day I want light to come in but still have privacy, so I think that will solve that issue. In our bedrooms and lounge room we're a bit split: option A roller blinds with sheer curtains and a pelmet, or maybe even just tab type sheer curtains on a rod thing with no pelmet.... or option B proper curtains and pelmet with something sheer behind it.

Cool, well if you have any more questions, let me know. I would steer away from tab top curtains, only because they are better in theory. They look nice if you place them nicely in their folds, but after a bit of use, they tend to look a bit daggy when they are just flicked out of the way, also curtains on a track will open & close with a lot more ease, especially of you've got young kids who will operate them. Also, depending on how wide your windows are, you will probably need a centre support bracket for your pole, so your curtains won't be able to pass that.

In my house, I have block out rollers with sheers & pelmets. I love pelmets! And I find the rollers do me fine as I don't really need any extra room darkening or super insulation.

Sunscreen & block out rollers will be good for you then! For the sunscreens, choosing a darker colour will allow you to see through easier & is better for eye comfort. I've recently put up a picture of a dark sunscreen on our Facebook page if you want to have a look. www.facebook.com/delscurtains

Yay rosiecheeks! We missed you too! Sorry you had to work so hard! Do you have a few days off now?

Aww it's ok Angel, I'll survive! I am off tomorrow (Wed) then work thurs and Friday but I have all weekend off! :happydance:

Hope you feel better soon!! Xx

Thanks for the info M2Q! When people have normal curtains what do they usually have behind them? Just sheer fabric that doesn't move?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->