Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

Also, is it common to get different curtains in different rooms? or do people more get the same fabric through out the house

I'm such a decorating newbie haha

Hi Rosiecheeks! Hop eyou're well gorgeous!!

Nana, I agree - before & after shots! You will be fine hun! I'm sure she will do a great job!!!

Ginny, depends on if you need day time privacy or not. You can have a sheer and then heavy curtains, You can just have the heavies if you don't need the day time privacy, or you can do it the opposite way and have sheer curtains with a lining behind it. I personally like the idea of the sheer with the lining behind as I like sheers way more than heavy curtains. So the way you would set it up is to have the lining on the back track with a cord on it so you can open them without having to open the sheer. You can either have the sheer fixed, with returns to the wall, or you can have one or both ends free flowing.

eg if your window is a sliding window that opens from right to left, I would put two tracks, lining on a cord drawn track with one curtain opening to the left, with the sheer I would have it bunching back to the left with a return to the wall, either hand or cord drawn (hand drawn will mean they may want to pull open when the back curtain gets dragged out of the way, if that's an issue, you can either put it on a cord drawn track or fix the curtain with another return to the wall.

You can get some really great sheer fabrics these days, so when I say sheers, I don't mean boring old white sheers, I mean something with a funky pattern & a coloured lining behind.

You can have the curtains split whichever way you want, I tend to just go for the more functional way, some people like to frame the window, I prefer to get the bunch of curtains away from the window opening.

as for different thing in different rooms, definitely! I would stick to doing areas the same - like you said about blinds in living areas, would also consider doing the front of the house the same if possible so it looks better from the street. but as for bedrooms, you can't usually see in more than one room at a time, so just do whatever you like for each room! I have got something different on almost all my windows. lol

I hope I haven't confused you! I will try to take a photo of my sheers to show you what I mean about the 'decorative' sheers.

Thanks Squeegs! heaps and heaps! i think we want curtains. the house is really really small, we have a noisy neighbour who sort of has a view into the house. so in the living room we want coverage from her, does colour make the house look smaller? then in the bedroom we need something for darkness. we dont really want to stay here for much longer. if we had a bubba the bedroom would well be with us or the living room! (hence why we want to move to melb where we could afford a house).

how expensive is expensive? for a cheap fabric etc?

DIdnt have a terrible day at work today, so that was good. still sort of bummed that im not a DPO just yet. going to have to jump on DH at some stage this evening when i know that neither of us are really in the mood! but you just know as soon as we dont BD i will get a temp increase. the body would have been better designed with a window or alert system!

enjoyed the baby room decoration chat! i cant wait to go shopping for baby things.

sorry i cant think to comment on everything! but the support i get from you all is so awesome! thank you so much xo

Hi abs glad to hear today was a better day at work :)

Smithy sorry your not feeling great today! Praying that tomorrow is a better day hun xx

Are you on the mend today Angel? poor Smithy! xo

Good afternoon ladies!

Would love to take the boys to Disney land (and would love to go myself!) – probably wait until they are a bit older.

We have just moved into our first ‘own home’ and I am so looking forward to getting the rooms decorated. My oldest can’t decide what he wants so we are having a dinosaur corner, a space corner and a car corner (the door is in the other corner so we limited it to 3 :) ) I think with the youngest we’ll go for a soccer theme.

Ginny and LLPM – I have also spent time feeling selfish and guilty about wanting number 3 when I have the two most amazing boys who fill my every waking (and sometimes when I’m meant to be sleeping) second. And knowing that so many people, so deserving, are trying for their first. My DH and I spent a lot of time talking about #3 and coming to the decision to yes go for it. We talked a lot and worked stuff through and decided it was the right thing for us (I guess touching on another subject covered this pm ;-) ) I needed to know he was 100% before we started ttc. With it taking longer than hoped for it to happen it has really made us realise how lucky we are to have the boys and how much we want to have another for our family – sorry for the ramble!

Melainey - so nice to have your Mum for advice :)

Hi Rosie!

Angel – hope you are getting lots of rest and are feeling better soon

Maddy – hooray for fixed laptop

Newbie – good luck with the job hunting and the haircut!

Big hi to everyone else, hope all your days are going well.

Not sure what's going on with my ff chart - I think it looks pretty but don't know if it looks at all hopeful. I keep trying to remind myself that its been a hectic few weeks so chances are down but know there are going to be tears when af arrives :( I've still gone out and bought myself a nice shiny 3 pack of frers and am reminding myself that the sickness I've got is the family packet of snakes I've troughed at my desk this afternoon!

Ginny, I posted some pics of my curtains on top girls. you can go as wild or tame as you like. i love seeing red or purple sheers with a black lining, things like that. I have gone fairly neutral, most of mine are brown colours with brown linings. but brown is still colour, and it adds a bit of charachter!

Abby, in heavy curtain fabrics, a cheap blockout coated fabric is $25/m for something really plain. (we only have one this cheap) You can start to get a bit more texture at about $30 and there is generally more to choose from. they go up in to about $50/m in the blockout coated, then you start on the uncoated fabrics (which need a seperate lining) which start anywhere from $20/m to several hunderds of dollars per metre, just depending on what you actually want.

A cheap sheer is about $20/m, but these are generally 300cm wide and are run sideways, so you don't need as much fabric as in a heeavy curtain as you don't need to join the drops together. they can go up to $100-150/m too. The pics on FB are probably around $60-80/m fabrics. You can get some with nice patterns for cheaper than that though.

Missie your little dip could be an implantations dip! you never know! im choosing to believe that the more suspect and weird chart you have the better your chances!

Good afternoon ladies!

Would love to take the boys to Disney land (and would love to go myself!) – probably wait until they are a bit older.

We have just moved into our first ‘own home’ and I am so looking forward to getting the rooms decorated. My oldest can’t decide what he wants so we are having a dinosaur corner, a space corner and a car corner (the door is in the other corner so we limited it to 3 :) ) I think with the youngest we’ll go for a soccer theme.

Ginny and LLPM – I have also spent time feeling selfish and guilty about wanting number 3 when I have the two most amazing boys who fill my every waking (and sometimes when I’m meant to be sleeping) second. And knowing that so many people, so deserving, are trying for their first. My DH and I spent a lot of time talking about #3 and coming to the decision to yes go for it. We talked a lot and worked stuff through and decided it was the right thing for us (I guess touching on another subject covered this pm ;-) ) I needed to know he was 100% before we started ttc. With it taking longer than hoped for it to happen it has really made us realise how lucky we are to have the boys and how much we want to have another for our family – sorry for the ramble!

Melainey - so nice to have your Mum for advice :)

Hi Rosie!

Angel – hope you are getting lots of rest and are feeling better soon

Maddy – hooray for fixed laptop

Newbie – good luck with the job hunting and the haircut!

Big hi to everyone else, hope all your days are going well.

Not sure what's going on with my ff chart - I think it looks pretty but don't know if it looks at all hopeful. I keep trying to remind myself that its been a hectic few weeks so chances are down but know there are going to be tears when af arrives :( I've still gone out and bought myself a nice shiny 3 pack of frers and am reminding myself that the sickness I've got is the family packet of snakes I've troughed at my desk this afternoon!

chart looks very pretty indeed! Looks like today's drop is in the right timing for an implantation dip! quite common on pregnancy charts!

:hi: girls,

Wow a big catch up. Think I missed a bit about stalking. How can you tell if someone is "stalking" the thread? And how do you know what someone has posted on another thread? So many people drop in on here post "oh i think i am pregnant, i am 4 days overdue" and then never to be heard from again. Those people upset me. This is a TTC link, don't rub it in my face you random stranger.

Still no red lines on my chart. :( If I go by my smiley faces I should be 7 (ish) days DPO so shouldn't I have red lines by now???? Hi Ho Hi Ho it looks like injections next week here we go :cry:

I went to Tokyo Disneyland waaayyy back in 1994 when I was living over there. It was funny as I went up to Mickey and said "hi mickey" to which he replied with "aaahh konnichi wa". My illusion of mickey mouse disappeared. ANd then 2 yrs ago DH and I headed over to EuroDisney in Paris. Totally amazing. I was like a child myself. Can't wait to take my own children there (hopefully).
I haven't really thought of decorating a childs room yet. Maybe something very colourful but just want the baby first and will worry about the colour scheme later :)

Hope everyone is having a great day. I don't actually remember too much more. SORRY :(

Missie I think the girls are right :) I think that it could very well be an implantation dip :hugs:

Kiwi - You WILL have bubbys and you will get a chance to take them to disneyland :hugs: Last month was the month of weird charts and the weird charts ended up being the bfp charts so fingers crossed that this is it for you xx

P.s under the reply box is a list of who is on the thread at the moment! And up the top there is a search button and you can search anybody by name :)

Kiwi im in the same boat, my smilies have me a couple of days ago. but no temp rise (although you have had a thermal shift! i can see it quite clearly)

im trying not to get myself all upset about it, cause obviously there is nothing i can do. but every time i think about it i well up a little.

i dont have EWCM, i dont have higher temps, so i think i just wont pop an eggy this month. i had high hopes for this month, which was probably stupid. i will try and keep BDing, but im pretty close to giving up :(

Edit: oh and just did an OPK, because i guess i like to torture myself and very negative. ARGH

Ohh - thank you Abby, Squeegs and Melainey although a bit scared to get my hopes up.
Kiwi - I've thought that about some of the people that have dropped by. Incredible insensitive and/or stupid. I'm sorry about your no red lines. Hope you are all recovered from the op last week.

My sister is taking me out for tea, so I will be back & will catch up when I can a bit later love love xxx

Smithy - sorry to hear you're not feeling great today? Is it that MS? Maybe try asking the doc for Maxalon? x

Kiwi - have you tried playing with your chart like adding in some temps for the next couple of days? Maybe because you're temps are a bit up and down after O it's just taking a couple of extra days to get the cross hairs. It does look like you've had a temp shift though :)

M2Q - thanks so much for your help/advice :) Really given me some things to think about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->