Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

Kiwi its ok, cause remember the psychic said this! it WILL HAPPEN though!

if you need a chat, a rant or anything then go ahead love! its what we are here for!

DH has us on a diet and he has taken pasta away :(

i gotta go and find something to wear to this wedding tomorrow....i HATE shopping....im short with boobs and no waist, so nothing fits me ever!

Good luck shopping abs! I gave in and came to work....hopefully my brother and his wife and puppies dont destroy our house today!

Im sure you will find something lovely and look beautiful hun!

What is the diet that you're on? Its hard when you eliminate foods that are a normal big part of your diet...unless you can find something else that you actually enjoy to replace them with!

Hope everyone has a great day today :)

Well i have a relative that is a dietician. in fact she wrote a book with Donna Hay! any way last year she gave a new diet to DH and myself to lose weight before our wedding, i lost about 15kg. it basically is lean meat (i have to have free range) and salad/vegies, with some sort of fibre full breakfast. so no rice/pasta/bread etc. DH lost a lot of weight that way to.
after the wedding i have kept my weight off for the most part, may be ive put on a couple of kilos, but DH went back to his desert eating ways. when he was younger he was really skinny and ate whatever he wanted, now he cant do that any more. so he put the weight back on, not as much as he was, but enough. so this diet follows the same principles of meat/veg/salad. but i still eat rice and bread sometimes. as he does pretty much all the cooking it means he can control the dinners....so no more pasta (and he makes some AWESOME pasta sauces). we never buy pre packaged sauces as we like (well i watch) to make everything ourselves.
His lasagna....OMG! so good! he makes this chicken creamy tomato sauce that is so fantastic....i really miss it! Last night he made a beef and broccoli stir fry that was lovely.

I hate dress shopping because im not huge but not thin, and oddly shaped, about a size 12, but nothing ever fits me or looks right. i even hated my wedding dress! i do have awesome legs (as i imagine you would nana) that comes from years of bike riding, so whatever i get needs to show the legs off. got big boobs, about a C/D cup, so a nice neckline a guess. its the middle bit that i hate, just a small curve of a waist. barely nothing. they had to use curved boning in my wedding dress to give me shape.

lol abs, you make me smile!

That diet sounds pretty similar to the way that dh and i 'generally' eat. Every night its grilled lean meat of some description with steamed greens, with the exception of wednesday pasta night when there is tennis on, and then on Sunday we have a 'night off' and often have rice or something then. Needless to say after eating like this for about two years now - i seriously crave potatoes! Im not so good with my lunches, but he doesnt need to know that!

I am sure you will find something lovely hun!!! Get those legs and boobs out!!!! xx

HI girls,

I have a question... I might be clutching at straws here but I am not sure of the answers.

I am only 12 DPO but AF showed up today. My LP is usually 14 or 15 days. Basically my cycle was 21 days this month. I don't know if it has anything to do with the injections or not (I would put money on yes though) but do you think we timed it good, sperm and egg met up and got together when they should but it just didn't stick????? Could this explain it or am I just trying to find a answer to make it feel better for me???

Actually she allows potato! but only one small one
i LOVE hot chips! and sour cream. yuuummmy!

sigh
We actually eat very well. focus is all on getting vitamins and protein and fibre. the only time i was ever thin was when i had an eating disorder! now that diet consisted of lettuce and dry wheat bix! i was very thin then though. probably not that healthy

shopping requires trying on a whole bunch of things and tyring hard to not cry when you look like a whale....so im talking myself into it

Kiwi I'm not sure hun...do you know for sure when you o'd other times? Is it possible your o date has always been later and that your lp has always been 12 days? Wish I had some answers for you hun xx

Hmm, well when lp is too short they give you progesterone, so perhaps your injections are messing with that hormone. I would mention that to your doctors! Having said that a 12 daY lp isn't an issue, it just different to your normal self. I think you may have timed sex too close to ov! You are aiming for 48 hours before, may be 24. So I think sperm met egg after egg had popped...it was a boy though so less hardy than a girl. (For a boy the sperm need to get to the egg the second it pops, as the egg ages after it pops only eggs that are fertilized by girl sperm tend to survive).....thats my theory

Yeah i seriously miss potatoes abs....and specifically a nice creamy buttery mash to go with whatever saucy meal we were having....i make a gordon ramsay beef and red wine casserole which is devine and SO good with mustard mash. My goodness. I am now starving.

And you do not look like a whale hun!! I just wish you didnt have to go and suffer the EDB this weekend x

Ababa - Yeah, makes it a bit iffy so early hey. I wouldn't get you rheart set on anything until 20 weeks. It's still just a guess at this point.

Kiwi - so sorry hun xx not sure about sperm metting egg or not. Normally the only way to tell is with a faint positive test which then turns negative, but period is normally a couple of days late.

Abby - good luck clothes shopping! I hate shopping too. maybe Nana can give you some tips!

Nana - yay for temp not being naughty today! I missed your positive opk. I'm putting you without a doubt at 4 dpo! :) so exciting, I'll have to put my trip out of town back a bit! hehe Hope you had a good night with your brother!

Have a great day everyone! xoxox

Morning squeegs :)

You didnt miss it - i put it in this morning because i remembered that it was on monday, but it was one of those stupid forelife ones that show pretty positive far too much!!! So whilst i agree, im not convinced either way!!!

EDIT: i got a pretty + opk around cbfm peak time too...

Did you have a good night hun?

Sash - I knew your temp would spike today hun! Yay for 4dpo - that means if we are both duffered our bubs will be due on the same day!

Abs - you will look amazing in what ever you wear I am sure! I was in DJs the other day and saw some really lovely knee length dresses that would be perfect for a spring wedding :) Can't wait to see the pics of you looking smashing!

Kiwi hun I don't know enough about sperm meets egg sorry!

Amanda - are you wanting to find out the sex? I can't remember?!

Hi shelly!

Morning to all others! Love you all lots! x

Hmmmm.....imagine that Angel! I wonder if my eggy was just waiting for yours to come and play...

Of course there is every chance that it will drop back off again tomorrow and stay low!!

Have a great day lovely ladies :) xxx

Stay optimisitc Sasha - I think our eggies just want to be friends so were waiting for each other - let's hope they both also made friends with some spermies and that we both get good news in a week or so :)

Morning girls! Sending you massive :hugs: kiwi!!!

Abby, don't be so hard on yourself! I'm sure you will look amazing:)

In regards to the gender thing of babies...

To get all scientific on you all, sex determination occurs at approximately 8 weeks gestation (6 weeks fetal life). This is determined by the male factor SRY (stands for the Sex determining Region on the Y chromosome) gene. If this gene is switched on (which by the way only has a window of a few hours of turning on), the fetus will develop down a male pathway. If however, the SRY gene fails to be activated, then the fetus will proceed down the female pathway. This is why 'female' is considered the 'default' pathway. Of course there are many factors governing this processes but the question of 'what activates the SRY gene?' well that is the million dollar question!

In terms of ultrasound gender determination...it largely depends on the position of the baby at the time of the scan and the experience of the sonographer. Many 'older' sonographers have a more trained eye therefore quite comfortable at telling you what they 'think' is the gender however, this needs to be taken with a grain of salt as there is only a 90% accuracy as the genetalia of both genders can be somewhat ambiguous. Thus, many sonographers will just refuse to determine gender at this scan and just make you wait until your 20 weeks scan. Bare in mind, if we offered a say, 16 week scan as part of our routine checks, the sonogrpaher of any amount of experience would largely be able to determine the gender as confidently as in the 20 week scan.

Just a bit of 'science' for you all to brighten up your Friday lol!

btw, my doc didnt ask for my beta levels as she wasnt concerned??? Asked for everything else to be checked from my blood and urine sample and gave me a pap smear? Booked me in for my Maternal Serum Screen blood test on the 28th Dec and ultrasound on the 31st so not long to go! Even though I know the date of conception (CD19 instead of the standard CD15), she still took the date from my last period which makes me 4 days further along that I am (but I am quietly confident that at the ultrasound, they will push my EDD back from the 16th July to the 20th July like I had imagined!). For now, I'll take it:)

Wow how interesting Cossie - So would a fetal blood test determine if the SRY gene was switched on then??? Sounds a bit invasive - but I guess if you were determined to find out it could be worth it?! I enjoyed my science lesson - thank you :)

Glad all went well with your appt! x

Wow how interesting Cossie - So would a fetal blood test determine if the SRY gene was switched on then??? Sounds a bit invasive - but I guess if you were determined to find out it could be worth it?! I enjoyed my science lesson - thank you :)

Glad all went well with your appt! x

Hey Angel, yes a fetal blood test would be able to detect the presenc of the Y chromosome (not necessarily the SRY gene) by karyotyping. This will never be offered though and is mostly available only through amnicentesis (needle through the mum's belly button to extract some of the fetal fluid to determine the probability of disease in which some case, parents can op to find out the sex and will most definitely be told the sex if a disorder is gender-specific). You are right and it is very invasive thus, only offered when there is a likelihood of something being wrong with bubs largely taken from either ultrasound or results of the nuchal test screen/blood test results. I for one am happy to wait until 20 weeks but love the idea of having a little 'looksie' at 12 weeks:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->