Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

Shell a social narrative or social story is a tool used to prepare kids to face something out of routine. They are typically used with kids who are on the autistic spectrum as they don't cope well with change but are also used to help kids cope with other social changes. It is where you write a story yourself about the situation and read it daily with the child and include all the strategies you would want them to use to help them cope. The names of the characters can be changed although they are often kept the same so it is more relayse. I have a whole bunch of info on it at school that I can scan and send but you can probably also google it and get a bunch of info too.

We use social stories and picture time lines with josh. They're a godsend!

2nuns, do you make green bean casserole? If yes, what's your recipe? All my other American friends keep sending me a recipe that calls for French fried onions.. I have no idea wtf a French fried onion is :rofl:

2mums I think your ain't is hanging on for you :hugs: praying that she does hang on honey and that you get to see her xxx

Smithy how are you?

Thought my house was haunted this morning hahaha wow was it scary! (I'm a wuss)

Shell a social narrative or social story is a tool used to prepare kids to face something out of routine. They are typically used with kids who are on the autistic spectrum as they don't cope well with change but are also used to help kids cope with other social changes. It is where you write a story yourself about the situation and read it daily with the child and include all the strategies you would want them to use to help them cope. The names of the characters can be changed although they are often kept the same so it is more relayse. I have a whole bunch of info on it at school that I can scan and send but you can probably also google it and get a bunch of info too.

I used them with my youngest after she was adopted, even though she was 4 years old she was quite traumatised and regressed to lots of toddler-like behaviours. She really liked to know what was going to be expected of her in various situations.

I used them with my youngest after she was adopted, even though she was 4 years old she was quite traumatised and regressed to lots of toddler-like behaviours. She really liked to know what was going to be expected of her in various situations.

Bless her heart, I can imagine routine and those stories would have helped her immensely

Thanks ladies :hugs: I don't know what I'd do without you Xx

great dream squeegs :)

Angel how are you honey?x

Hi lovely - going ok - have shocker headache though! I was telling my DH about how I wish I could come and give you a big hug and spend some time with you as you're craving face to face friendship - he's such a sweety and said if I can find cheap flights that I can fly to WA for a week :) had a look into fares and it is cheap enough to fly to WA but costs a bomb to fly back to Sydney! Will keep my eyes open though and if something cheaper pops up maybe I can come!

How is everyone else's Saturday panning out? We took our doggies to the colo river for a swim this morning and are now on our way home for a family BBQ.

Oh angel, you and P are just so sweet xxx that would be awesome :) love you so much :hugs:

Bummer about the headache honey, just relax today and put your feet up Xx

That's the plan - I will take some panadol and then just chill out! Love you too gorgeous! X

smithy- i dont have a recipe for green bean casserole, but if i did, it would contain the fried onions too, hahaha. they are always on top, no idea why! look on an nz/aussie recipe site, might not have them. they are optional though, just a flavour crunch on top.

melainey- we wonder if she's hanging on to see me, which would be awesome, but knowing the pain and agony she is in, i almost wouldnt want her to push herself too far, ya know. Love a haunted house, as long as its on tv and not my own!!!

angel- you and DH are awesome. Would be awesome if we could all fly to laineypop! better, yet, lets fly her to this coast!!! Hope your headache goes away quickly so you can enjoy your bbq, i just realized how hungry i was, missed lunch apparently!

love- to everyone!

Relaxing is great :) I'm getting very dizzy every time I stand up so blood sugars may be low, think I will have a half an orange and see if that helps, and just chill out hehe Xx

Yeah I know what you mean 2mums, hopefully they can make her comfortable and take her pain away Xx yeah haunted houses are fun whenv they at not yours haha mine is just creaky I think ;) xx

Relaxing is great :) I'm getting very dizzy every time I stand up so blood sugars may be low, think I will have a half an orange and see if that helps, and just chill out hehe Xx

Yeah I know what you mean 2mums, hopefully they can make her comfortable and take her pain away Xx yeah haunted houses are fun whenv they at not yours haha mine is just creaky I think ;) xx
That be low blood pressure, you can thank progesterone for that too!

I would fly over and steal you if I could x

smithy- i dont have a recipe for green bean casserole, but if i did, it would contain the fried onions too, hahaha. they are always on top, no idea why! look on an nz/aussie recipe site, might not have them. they are optional though, just a flavour crunch on top.

melainey- we wonder if she's hanging on to see me, which would be awesome, but knowing the pain and agony she is in, i almost wouldnt want her to push herself too far, ya know. Love a haunted house, as long as its on tv and not my own!!!

angel- you and DH are awesome. Would be awesome if we could all fly to laineypop! better, yet, lets fly her to this coast!!! Hope your headache goes away quickly so you can enjoy your bbq, i just realized how hungry i was, missed lunch apparently!

love- to everyone!

One of my American beauties just called and told me to fry onion slowly within an inch of its life. Pop it on paper towel until dry and crunchy and that's that!

Have had a couple of panadol and a cold glass of ice tea and the combination of the 2 has taken the edge off - sitting with my feet up now relaxing and hoping the trifecta will result in no more headache at all!

You can buy fried onions at Asian supermarkets too.

Go away progesterone :)

You can come steal me if you wish Smithy :) hehe

Woo hoo :) never been to the easy coast ;-) Melbourne us the closest I got hehe

Hope you kick the headache angel!!!

I think Lainey should come here too :)

Quiet house again (still in one piece 2nuns!) but I'm exhausted from the last two days!

Hope everyone's Saturdays have been great x

Headache now gone! Woohoo!!

Lainey as soon as I have my own place you can come stay with me for as long as you like!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->