Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

Oh I just had another thought Lainey - maybe you could get a Doula?

I'm pretty sure they're like a pregnancy/birth support partner. Might help you feel comfortable having someone there that you can get to know.

wow shell that's pretty amazing about DH! Sounds like he's come along way!!

Ginny - a doula is a great idea for Lainey! might be just the thing to pull her out of a rut! she could do interviews for them like on neighbours! lol

Yeah, DH has come a long way! Our situation has also changed a lot since then. Back then, he had to put up with all the same shit as we do now from DSS' mum, but he couldn't see his boy - she wouldn't let him in at all, but she would lead him to believe he was close to making a breakthrough & then she would cut him off & throw him back to square one again. At least now he sees his boy & knows him well. makes thiings a bit easier. Like it's not all for nothing anymore.

Yeah Shell i need that from my DH ....im sure i annoy him! im much improved, but i cant stop the panic attacks/anxiety from happening! i just try and talk myself calm. ive tried about three different types of meds, and some made me depressed, some made me get OCD! and one made me wee all the time! so i havent found my balance yet, but im not too bad since the program. Exercise really helps, i swim laps and i find that calms me down.

You ladies really are amazingly beautiful, intelligent people, (who I wish lived on the west coast haha) thank you got all your support Xx what is a doula? Sounds interesting whatever it may be :)

Called my mum and had a massive talk and cry etc, she also suggested the things you guys did plus also getting a hobby like baking.so she is sending me her recipes!I Assn going to start to bake and also an art project I've been meaning to do which is getting her recipes and making a book for them :)

Also I am on that website now about to start lesson one :) still let you know how it turns out! Just much love to you all Xx

Shelly you truly are an amazing woman and there is no wonder those two boys love you soooooo much Xx

Ginny how are you doing honey?Xx

Lainey i started my cooking website when i was depressed, it was great! sounds like a great idea!

i'm with :jo: Shell you are amazing, too bad DH scooped you up first. :haha:

melainey- good plan- with the recipes and the hobbies, i loved doing art projects too, pulled me out of dark times, plus its so fun. Cant wait to hear how abby's awesome suggestion helps!!!

xx

edit: i think a doula is a great idea too!

Good girl Lainey! You'll be back in the swing of things in no time with that attitude! Just maybe tell D what you're struggling with, explain that you might need him to be there for you in a different way to normal! He'll support you through anything & when see that, it will make your relationship even stronger than it already is! :)

Thank you ladies :hugs:

What is a doula? Haha

I agree 2 mums! Shelly, if you were single :winkwink: genre

melainey- good plan- with the recipes and the hobbies, i loved doing art projects too, pulled me out of dark times, plus its so fun. Cant wait to hear how abby's awesome suggestion helps!!!

xx

hehehe you make me blush! Oh and I forgot to comment on your Arizona comment re Greys on top girls. haha love it she is hot hot hot!

Oh Lainey, a doula is like a birth partner I guess. They are kind of like a midwife, but are more there for the mum & the relationship between mum & bub. they support & get to know you through the pregnancy & are there for the birth too. Maybe google it for more info, I dunno if I've given a very good description of what they actually do...

xx

hehehe you make me blush! Oh and I forgot to comment on your Arizona comment re Greys on top girls. haha love it she is hot hot hot!

Oh Lainey, a doula is like a birth partner I guess. They are kind of like a midwife, but are more there for the mum & the relationship between mum & bub. they support & get to know you through the pregnancy & are there for the birth too. Maybe google it for more info, I dunno if I've given a very good description of what they actually do...

lol, you can tell DH that he's lucky and too hold on to you bc there is a line on the forum, :rofl:

arizona is hot, although in real life callie would be more my type, but i sure wasn't going to trying to wake up. :haha:

a good definition of a doula, i googled it and found a good website, a little in depth but describes it well

Personality wise, I think Callie would be more my type too! Plus she's also a hottie! I also think early days Lexie is smokin! Basically everyone goes alright, except for Christina. Lol

I'm off to bed girls! Sweet dreams! Xxx

Thanks ladies xx

I thought you were talking about the american states hahahaha :rofl: x

Night night Shellybelly x

lol lainey- well the state arizona is hot, but so is the character. :haha:
i agree shell, little grey is hot too. not a bad cast all in all, not sure if you have seen them yet, but i think both Baileys love interests are hot too. lol. Oh and Addison, but thats a whole other show at this point, :rofl:
gnight shell! x

Here are some links you might want to check out:

https://www.bellybirthandbabes.com.au/
https://www.bellypowerdoula.com/
https://www.findadoula.com.au/search.php

A lot of the doula's traditional role is about the actual birth/labour, but I bet you could just explain how you're feeling and say how your family is overseas etc. I think they visit you after the birth too if you need help with breastfeeding, sleeping etc.

The baking sounds like a great idea :) I have a couple of cook books that I always say I'd love to try and make it a goal to cook every recipe in it.

Shell I reckon it's lucky you're married or I'd come and get you for myself.

I'm going to start a family cookbook with my mum when I am on mat leave. You could do it too because you don't need to be in the same room to both work on it. So the theory is select a bunch of recipes that are special to the family. Cook each of them and take photos - so assign half the recipes to each of you. Then write out the recipes and link them with the photos and make a family cookbook using one of those online places - a nice hardcover one, for everyone in the family's Christmas present.

Thanks Ginny :) those sites are great :) I think we should all start cooking x

Hi Ababa :) I've been meaning to make a hardcopy one for ages but I procrastinate all TVs tinge hehe I didn't know there were online ones I shall have a look and see, cause that would be awesome to do together even tho e are soooooo far apart :) x

We're planning on doing it with just a standard old hardcover photo book - not a special recipe one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->