Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

First quiet night in ages and dh wants to start packing...uuuurrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

Warning - this is a LONG post!!! I won't be offended if you don't all read it, I just wanted to write it!

Hey! Omg I've had the most hectic day!!!

I had my appointment - another female doc that was really nice. I might have not much luck with pregnancies but lots of luck with getting nice doctors! Even though I don't actually want to be seeing her! :wacko:

All the blood tests done on me came back normal. Some of them they have to repeat because what they're looking for can change from day to day so they have to make sure. Plus they added a couple more "next level" blood tests.

The baby was a another boy :cry: I knew it. I actually was pretty composed until she told me that then I burst into tears! His chromosomes were normal though - so didn't have anything like Downs etc.

They haven't got the results from the post mortem yet, apparently it takes 8-10 weeks. She thinks the placenta will tell hopefully give us more answers.

She's given me a referral for a pelvic ultrasound to be done when I'm not pregnant. She doesn't think there's anything wrong with the shape of my uterus as the types of miscarriages I've had aren't consistent with uterine structural problems, but it's more of a ruling out type of thing.

Chris has to have a blood test too to check his chromosomes, once again a ruling out thing.

Since at the moment I'm in the "unexplained" category she's started me on 100mg aspirin per day. She said that it doesn't really have any negative effects on the pregnancy and possibly could help with how the placenta implants next time - I felt like saying why didn't I get put on it after the first miscarriage then if there are no real bad side effects. Anyway.

She also said what's happened to me is uncommon - this actually makes me feel a bit better to hear this. Kinda makes them seem validated or something.

I asked what happens if everything comes back normal and they said they might treat me as if I have Antiphospholipid syndrome (sticky blood syndrome) since I have some of the symptoms of it even though my blood tests don't back it up. But really we have to wait for results of the post mortem because they might reveal something that overrides everything.

Also, for any future pregnancies I'll be getting weekly ultrasounds from 6 weeks until around 14 weeks depending on how I feel. They'll do my 12 and 20 week scans and from 16 weeks I'd get a growth scan every 4 weeks. I'd also be having at the baby at 38-40 weeks, they wouldn't let me go overdue. She actually said that the extra monitoring alone reduces the rate of miscarriage - maybe because you're not stressed as much?

She said the best things I've got going for me is the fact I've had M and that I'm young.

oh nearly forgot! I mentioned I was worried that my blood pressure was a bit high during this pregnancy at times and could that have caused anything. So she took my blood pressure on the spot and it was 120/100 which is high! But I think it was because I was stressed about today. She took it again after I had my bloods done and it was still high. So she's going to talk to a physician at the hospital about whether they should do a 24 hour blood pressure monitoring check on me. She still thinks it could be a one off thing though.

Next appointment is 3rd Jan, so will get more results then and find out about the blood pressure issues then, if not before.

woah that was a long post - sorry, I just wanted to get it all written down!!

Oh Ginny I hope everything comes back normal hun. Great news on the monitoring for next time, that should bring some piece of mind. Big hugs xxx

Night all. Knackered xxx

Oh Ginny, I'm do glad that you are getting some answers! And also the monitoring next pregnancy will bring great piece of kind! Xxx

You do have good luck with doctors! So glad she is being thorough and really trying to get to the bottom of everything for you. Praying all comes back clear and that you can get back on track with making a sibling for M! Xx

Well, that was a positive appointment! I'm so glad that they are being so proactive in your care <3

Stupid bitch of a piece of shit annoying confusing frustrating chart!

OMG I hear you! I thought all was looking good, temp rising... slowly but rising, then today I get a +OPK???? I did see a build yesterday and was hoping it was lingering LH, now I am totally confused! I was shouting at the stick.... probably lucky I was by myself. :dohh:

Unfortunately I think last night was our last chance to see our donor for several days. I am trying to decide whether to keep doing OPK's or if I should just leave it and stop doing my head in, especially as I can't do anything about it anyway. So, does anyone know... if my temp keeps going up did I ovulate on cd 18? or is the OPK mean that I didn't?

Nana- welcome back :) it seemed strange with you gone.
Angel - yay for the witch flying away
everyone else- sorry I read, but forgot who said what! :blush: Lets hope that's ovulation messing with my brains!

Ginny- sounds like your appt went really well! I had a friend that had 3 MCs, went on baby ASA and carried next pregnancy to term and now has a beautiful 2 year old girl! Hopefully that's all it takes for you!! Are they ok with you TTC before the rest of the tests come back? Really glad everything went well :)

Nana- so happy you are back! Can't believe your house sold so quick! Must be very nice! Hope you end up liking the new place! Anything new at work?

Thanks for all the kind words about the scan! I'm going to tell my parents this week and the rest of my family at Christmas! Starting to get excited now!!! Hope everyone has a great day, I'm working but will try to pop on and catch up later!! Xx

Tara- if you aren't able to see the donor anymore I would quit using the opks, no sense in driving yourself crazy!

tara- i agree with rosie, no use. FX

ginny- wow, what a big appointment for you. I am so glad to hear that you had a nice, understanding doctor, and even more glad to hear that they are not leaving a stone un turned to help figure this out for you and C. I think the amount of monitoring they will do next time is awesome, and I agree it will relieve some stress, and just think of all the beautiful chances you get to see bub progressing. :) I'm sure this is all more than stressful now, but answers are great. Keeping my fingers crossed you can continue to enjoy breads, i love carbs! I took some good news from your post too, bc i have to take the small dose of aspirin basically the whole time i'm over here (for flights, etc) and was worried it would be too much for bub so happy to hear there are no negative side affects. Thinking of you and all your boys! xx

nana's got a pool!!!!!!!!!! good luck with the move, crappy timing, but new place does sound good!

rosie- cant wait to hear your familys reaction to your news!

i think we've made on California time, took a nap yesterday and had a big sleep, now up to go shopping! I've received two emails from our house-sitter, first had passed out pups after a big wrestle play at home, then the second at the dog park, no time wasted there, they looked so happy, and not missing us at all, :haha: Its a relief bc we worry about them while we're gone for so long.

That sounds good Ginny, good doctors are great! and great that they are being so diligent. how did you feel after the appt?

on the BP front, doctors thought i had high BP for ages, one put me on the mini pill which is where my cycle got well and truely F**ked up! then one of my good doctors actually listened to me about my anxiety and appts with her she would take my BP 10-15 times, at the end she would say "well you dont have high BP, so id say you really dont like being in a doctors office!" and actually when i was in hospital earlier this year they take your vitals every three hours or so, and so i had my BP tested SO many times and it was always fine. put a doctor in the room and up it would pop! so you may have high BP or it may be stress related!

little temp rise this morning, enought to get cross hairs tomorrow if it stays at this high, ive noticed during my LP that my dreams get more vivid? would that be the progesterone? if so that could be another indictor ....also had the odd AF cramp which is kind of wierd and my nipples are errect a lot!

any way as temp still not high enough to convince me the DBF continues!

amber glad you made it safe and the fur children are ok! i was wondering what you were doing with them!

Rosie i didnt say yesterday but lovely pic!xo

Stupid bitch of a piece of shit annoying confusing frustrating chart!

OMG I hear you! I thought all was looking good, temp rising... slowly but rising, then today I get a +OPK???? I did see a build yesterday and was hoping it was lingering LH, now I am totally confused! I was shouting at the stick.... probably lucky I was by myself. :dohh:

Unfortunately I think last night was our last chance to see our donor for several days. I am trying to decide whether to keep doing OPK's or if I should just leave it and stop doing my head in, especially as I can't do anything about it anyway. So, does anyone know... if my temp keeps going up did I ovulate on cd 18? or is the OPK mean that I didn't?

Nana- welcome back :) it seemed strange with you gone.
Angel - yay for the witch flying away
everyone else- sorry I read, but forgot who said what! :blush: Lets hope that's ovulation messing with my brains!

Id say stop as its only going to make you more stressed! however what brand of OPK are you using? sometimes it helps to get the digital ones when you arent sure, expensive but sensitive enough to tell you that LH is high or not. Forelife still has me surging, but ive learned what positive looks like on them, to the un-trained forelife eye ive been surging for about two weeks. but ive done some cross compares on what a positive is on them when confirmed with a digital so i know its negative now. they really should fix their product

Im glad your temp is back up abs, and great news for CH tomorrow....we will stay tuned to stalk it in the morning!

Tara i agree with the stupping on the opk's and also with what abs said about forelife - they give me soooo many positives! This month I am investing in those digital ones this month so I know for sure, who knows what ssscbfm will say this month!

Have a great time 2mums - and yes Nana will have a pool in exactly 8 days! All are welcome of course, altho its a fair hike for a few of you...particularly those who are o/s!!!!!

Have a great day girls, im so glad its friday but seriously dreading a weekend of packing (plus i promised dh i would throw out a heap of the stuff that i have hoarded and moved from house to house over the years...at the time i thought it would be 'cleansing' and now i am just plain freaking myself out!) xx

Morning. Ginny so glad the doctors are doing all they can to help. Hugs xxx.

It will be cleansing Nana! it just seems hard at the time. trust me when you have been in some real hoarding (and squalor) homes (part of the work we do where i work) you get better at throwing stuff out. best you do it now before it becomes a habit!
i try twice a year to get rid of stuff...i still have too much, but its a good practice to get in to.

My DH when trying to calm me down about my temperature yesterday he said "but if we arent pregnant this month you can use your monitor, i thought you wanted to do that"....didnt have the heart to tell him that its unlikely to reduce my other methods of tracking ovulation, will just add to them. AND i will be thrilled to bits if i dont have to use it...he did give it as a gift so i can see where he is coming from! But try as they might i just dont think they get it. dont understand how crazy it can all make you.
and yesterday....i was totally crazy!

Maddy have you had the blood test yet?

lol, thanks Abs, I will certainly try my best. i havent even looked at most of the stuff for the better part of about 5 years so I dont really have much of a case for saying i need it do i!!!

And the CBFM is your 'upside' if af arrives hun - i hope if you need it that it provides some useful info for you, of course we all hope it is not even needed!

oh i could tell you some AWFUL stories about what we find in true squalor and hoarding homes! (important note, for people who suffer with the actual disorder we dont just clean their homes, that it quite damaging to them, and nor do we sensationalise the condition as its done on tv....im quite protective of people who suffer with this disease....well its not considered a disease till the DSM of next year, but still!)
i hope that the CBFM works well for you this cycle! i think we both need our faith in it re-newed!

Good morning ladies :)

Amber enjoy your shopping you lucky lady :happydance:

Rosie I don't know how you held off telling all your family until now haha Great will power xx

Tara I agree with everyone else, I would put the OPK's away

Abby I got very erect nipples the month I got my bfp (my nipples are very rarely erect so I noticed heaps) FX that you did Ov and that you are cooking a little one in there :)

:hi: everyone :happydance:

Also, went to the doctor yesterday to get blood results from nt scan and everything is great! Very small chance of downs, also the doctor said that the sonographer had me down at 12 weeks 3 days on Monday which makes me 13 weeks today :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->