Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

Oh Gin I'm sorry hun. At any other time I'd think it was great that a dad-to-be is busting with pride and wants to share his news but .... not if it's going to make Ginny cry!

Abby hun, I'm sorry I think I suggested a few pages back that your consider seeing an FS too. I guess that having been-there-done-that and having found it quite useful, I hate to see others struggle through TTC like I did. But I know you do need to be at a point where you can come to that decision yourself.

Rosie what a lovely surprise for your parents. Is this their first grandchild?

Rose & No2woohoo thanks for the posts about your prog & HCG numbers. By this time tomorrow I will know for sure whether it's a chemical or a BFP!

Oh Ginny, hugs darling xxx

Maddy I am deadset keeping everything crossed for you for tomorrow!!!

Abs hope it's a good sign for you!

Sorry I've been so slack keeping up girls, it's tough over here! Glad I can still get a little of my Bnb fix tho!

I was pleasantly surprised that cbfm didn't give me a peak today...hoping for a couple more days of high to let's get back home and up dh so we have a chance this cycle!!! Fx for tomorrow's too...I have ewcm going on tho so I'm pretty sure peak will be soon...

Hope everyone is having a great week xx

Hi lovelies crazy busy day - last day with kids today! Now at hairdressers waiting my turn will post a before pic taken last weekend - sunnies are on my head but you get the idea - will post an after pic later tonight. Will catch up properly tonight when I get home xx

Ginny and Abs- people can say things that are just awful sometimes, mostly with good intention. Not long after DW decided it was time for her to stop trying, someone came up to us and said we had better hurry up and have another one soon or there would be too big an age gap! They of course had no idea that my DW had been desperately ttc for a long time, but it was very hurtful all the same.

thanks everyone
Maddy, its good advice to be honest. i just need to get my head there. im still in the zone of "we might be ok" ive learned so much about my cycles this year...
it was more the pressure of the email, and the detail of people prodding around in my bits, and how medicare will soon cut off rebate for IVF so do it NOW NOW NOW. it came from a place of love, but my sister was being a little insensitive, (with comments, dont take your temp, that shows you nothing....um, hello!? i dont think she even did that) and may be a touch demonstrating how much she knows about IVF....which i guess is what big sisters are for.

i guess im really struggling with the concept that we are fertility challenged. it was a big big fear for me, and now its realised. i will get my head straight at some point soon and see my very nice GP and get it all underway, and probably feel better about it. but if i go when im in a dark place it wont be good for my mental health. this particular sister should really know that about me. again im sure it came from a kind place. also sort of arrived in my email box when i was googling tingling breasts 7dpo and feeling positive about this month....now im feeling shit about it!

Oh and todays thing....watery CM! my undies look like ive had a nervous wee! WTF is that about? when im hunting for fertile CM i cant find it, and when im in my tww there it is!?

Maddy I have everything crossed for you honey!!

Nanna, hoping that your ov waits till you get home to your lovely husband :)

Angelcakes, your niece and nephew are the cutest :)

Abby I have forgotten, how long have you been trying? Lots of people (including myself) take a long time to become pregnant and I didn't end up needing to go to the FS and I think squiggles was trying for over a year too before she got pregnant! I think some people are just insensitive to that fact because they never took that long to become pregnant! I am very hopeful that you will get pregnant on your own :hugs: But also keep in mind that there is no shame in needing help :hugs: I actually had my referral to the FS the month I got my bfp :) Have you tried Soy iso? xx

well Lainey we were 2 years NTNP...but seeing as my cycles are a little whacky im not surprised we didnt time it that well ....this year i really trying and charting, OPKs etc about 6-7 months? im 35 so changes the equation slightly. so they usually recommend someone over 35 try for 6months and then get some assistance. some of those months i didnt really get OPKs as well as i do now, and didnt chart, so still not surprised i didnt get any where. i think in all the time ive tried we have three months of actually getting it right BD right before ov.
any way ive sort of planned Jan as my month to see my doc, so that gives me this current TWW and a bit of Dec-early Jan.

Ginny do you think that ever goes away? I have an active resentment of a girl who is a FB friend because she is due in Feb when I should have been having a baby. I really need to let it go but don't seem able to.

Abby... Re nervous wee... Are you nervous? Have you just wet your pants, darling?

Also in news on me, had a look at the Doppler I used when pregnant with Harrison. Haven't been able to find the power cord for it. Realised I could put an alkaline battery in place of the rechargeable one. So I did and got to hear the baby's heartbeat last night. Had been feeling a bit panicked there was something wrong because they refused to listen for a heartbeat at the hospital OB appointment the other week so hadn't heard or seen it for almost 5 weeks. So it was nice to feel reassured the baby is still there and it's not just doughnut fat.

Edited to add;
I hope it is ok to write about that - I don't want to be insensitive to those still trying.

hahaha Amanda i KNEW you were going to say that!

i wasnt nervous today, or sneezy, nor did i laugh...so either im in need of tena lady long before my time, or very watery cm!

Hey girls, going to try and get back on here whenever I can.
Its wierd having the time gap again!

Angel can't wait to see your hair!

Abs sorry you are finding things tough. I know what you
Mean about the watery cm tho!

Hi to everyone else, I have missed you all!

Xxxx

Hahaha Ababa you crack me up! Incontinence knickers Abby ;) haha I had really bad watery cm in my twin had to keep taking it off my FF cause it kept changing my ovulation date!

Hi Janey hope you're ding ok Xx

I'm pretty sad again today (first day in ages) just got that feeling that nobody loves me! Even though I know they do! It's a weird feeling, so hard to explain! I've pretty much become a recluse haha I rarely step for outside the house and the only thing I talk to all day is Daniels dog! Haha

hope you're all doing good today Xx

Oh dear Lainey, anything in particular making you feel like that?

Maybe there are some pregnancy groups in your area doing yoga or something might be a nice change of scenary and meet some new people?

Thanks Janey x I've googled everything and can't find anything! At this stage I dint even want to merry anybody I'm just so over everything! Sorry for wallowing on this,I know that there ate so many people out there with well worse problems than me and I really should be grateful for what I have!

Poor Lainey! Remember that happiness is a choice, not always an easy one, that you have to make and work at everyday. Be kind to yourself though, depression isn't easy to get over. Did you get into a clinical trial with st Vincent's?

Do you have a community centre, that's where they tend to be held in the Uk but don't tend to be technically advanced enough for a website. I don't feel very merry either but I just have to look at the little wins not the big picture. Look at the little miracle inside you! :)

Not yet Abby I think January they start again

I know Jayne,I am soooooo grateful to be pregnant,I don't even have words how happy out makes me, but not being able to share this miracle with my family is killing me! All I want to do is hug my mum and cuddle my new little nephews and see all my friends who I love so much but it's just not possible! and I do have so much to be happy about, but I think at the moment it's just soooooo hard to focus on those!I have been do good lately and then just today I go and ef it all up! I think the pregnancy hormones are playing a big role in it too :hugs:

Lainey - sorry to hear you're feeling down. Glad you're at least getting out of the house to walk the dog though :) I can be a bit reclusive at times - I don't feel like I need tons of friends and sometimes don't make an effort to meet new people. DF is a bit the opposite - loves making new friends with anyone who'll talk to him, I love that about him coz it sometimes drags me out of my shell. Don't feel bad about wallowing! Wallow away hehe

number2 - :hugs: I think I sometimes crap on about my loss so much that I forget other's have all gone through it too x You know, now that I've passed my first angel's due date (November) it's so much easier to think about it and I can handle seeing babies that would have been that age. So, I think it'll be slightly easier once April passes too. Glad the doppler made you feel calm! Totally not insensitive - all us ttcers want you to be happy and enjoy the pregnancy!! :)

Janey - hope you're doing ok! What's it like being back in winter?

Abs - I hate that 35 is a magic age in terms of fertility, because surely fertility would decrease at different rates for everyone - 35 might just be a most common age that is starts to noticeably decline. I guess that's one of the benefits of seeing a FS is that you'll know exactly where you stand in terms of "fertility age" if that makes sense and then based on that you can decide what you want to do.

Maddy - It was lovely to hear a dad be so excited, and you could tell he really wanted a boy coz he kept playing with M. Maybe I should have told him my story and he would have gave us a better quote! haha! Seriously though, I'm happy for other people, just wish it could also be me. I wouldn't be happy if no one was pregnant either.

Hi to everyone else I've missed!!!

Had such a busy night! M has terrible nappy rash from having the runs so we let him have some "air time" after his bath. Resulted in a poo on the couch in his playroom and a wee on the kitchen floor... don't think we're ready for potty training yet!

Not yet Abby I think January they start again

I know Jayne,I am soooooo grateful to be pregnant,I don't even have words how happy out makes me, but not being able to share this miracle with my family is killing me! All I want to do is hug my mum and cuddle my new little nephews and see all my friends who I love so much but it's just not possible! and I do have so much to be happy about, but I think at the moment it's just soooooo hard to focus on those!I have been do good lately and then just today I go and ef it all up! I think the pregnancy hormones are playing a big role in it too :hugs:

Being unhappy about somethings doesn't mean your not grateful for your baby! You can have it all and still feel down sometimes, I couldn't imagine anyone that loved and enjoyed every minute of every part of their life. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->